his dark materials

has anyone ever read the his dark materials trioligy?? if you have wouldn’t it be cool to have the books turned into a film ?? well has anyone got like e-m@il adresses or post ‘n’ stuff of film producers so i can contact them to ask them to make it into a film?

‘n’ stuff

Yes, I absolutely LOVED that trilogy.

Actually, they already have plans to make it into movies. New Line is involved. There’s some more information at this site: https://bridge.server261.com/index.php?d=movie

It doesn’t seem that they’ve gotten too far yet. No cast list or anything. Pretty much we just know that they are actually making a movie :wink:

It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out; they’ll need a lot of computer generated stuff. Daemons, armored bears, witches… :bored: I wonder how realistic it’ll all look?

/d.s

yes i thought they might have plans already :cool_laugh: looking forward to it :wink:

I started reading because of all this commotion. It sucked me right in from the beginning. I’m at the part where the library journal calls the book “A rousing, page-turning adventure that promises to please fantasy readers of all ages.”

And you thought that was a spoiler :wink:

if you are on the first book i have an XTREME!!! spoiler for book 2+3
but its 4 words you want me to tell you?
no dont, dont do it you dont wanna go there! :woah:

I’m in the middle of book 2, the series is one of my faves so far. I’d kill to see a movie made off that series. Polar bears W/ guns on the big screen: nuff’ said

yes, for fear of the spoiler I will avoid this thread from now on. :ack:

PS that was the closest smiley to the phrase “don’t look!” I could find.

ok i wont post XTREME!! WARNING WARNING EXTREME warning spoiler spoils too much of book you will explode if you read spoiler or you may partially explode where you will be very fat including your fingers so when you ring up your friend to talk about slimy stuff you will press two keys at once instead of one so robot lady on the phone says “the fingers you have used to dial, are too fat, to order a special dialling stick please mash the keypad with your palm now we know where you live because everybody mashes keypads differently like fingerprints please mash after the tone beeep” ok now i am oficially off my rocker

Eh, I hated them. They confussled me too much. Maybe that’s just cos I’m stupid though l)

Maybe I’ll read them again when I get older.

Minor spoilers

The Iorek VS Iofur battle was a great read, though.

Yeah, they were a bit hard to understand… I had to re-read a few parts to grasp the whole meaning.

/ds

Read 'em. Loved 'em. I did have to read some parts over again, but thats okay, they still were very good. I found that the third book explored more philosophical, and spiritual ideas. I can’t wait for the movie

Uhh… Spoilers ahead…

Yeah, the third book had a good amount of spiritual stuff, since it did involve the world of the dead and everything…

While I’m on the subject, did you notice that there were kind of two betrayals? The one that was supposed to be THE betrayal was in the third book with Pan, but in the first book, in the chapter entitled “BETRAYAL”, Lyra betrayed Roger… even though it was unintentional. I found that kind of interesting…

Spoilers over :grin: