WAH!? THIS is the 61 point relaxation technique??

“Foucusing” on

Forehead, throat
Right shoulder, right elbow, right wrist, tip of right thumb, tip of right index finger, tip of right middle finger, tip of right ring finger, tip of right little finger, right wrist, right elbow, right shoulder, throat
Left shoulder, left elbow, left wrist, tip of left thumb, tip of left index finger, tip of left middle finger, tip of left ring finger, tip of left little finger, left wrist, left elbow, left shoulder
Throat, space between the breasts, right breast, space between the breasts, left breast, space between the breasts, naval, lower abdomen
Right hip, right knee, right ankle, tip of the right big toe, tip of the right second toe, tip of the right middle toe, tip of the right fourth toe, tip of the right little toe, right ankle, right knee, right hip, lower abdomen
Left hip, left knee, left ankle, tip of the left big toe, tip of the left second toe, tip of the left middle toe, tip of the left fourth toe, tip of the left little toe, left ankle, left knee, left hip
Lower abdomen, naval, space between the breasts, throat, forehead

One at a time?? Thats imposible for me to remember! :cry:

lol! I don’t think it’s the end of the world if you forget one or two, it’s probibly not about memorising, but just using those as referances

Just work from the bottom up. Focus on the tips of your toes, and move up till you reach your forehead :content:

/ds

well, Ive never been good at this yoga stuff, so Im kinda worried 'bout the whole focusing thing…

they mean like, think of the part, right?

or they mean some kind of hippie tactic for “focusing energy” or something?

If so, then im screwed. :bored:

There I can’t help you :bored: I don’t know much about focusing energy and such. I imagine that you might visualize all of your energy moving to whatever part of your body, but… I really have no idea. A lot of this kind of thing is just visualization, but you’d better wait for a focusing-energy master to come along. I don’t know much on the subject…

/ds

so then, how do YOU do it?

Just visualize that the power is flowing out of the spot you are relaxing, that helps.
The meaning of the whole point 61 relaxation is creating a relaxed body, and a focussed mind…

If your body is relaxed, you are concentrated and you can tell yourself things like “i am going to remember my dreams” (say that verry fast 30 times) and you will remind your dreams.

I dont want to call it like this but it do is some kind of self-hypnotising.

If you want to sleep your body must be relaxed to so its a good tactic to fall asleep too.

(maybe my english is not good, but hey, im from holland :wink: _

Actually I didn’t find it difficult to remember… just go through it a couple of times. Or it should just be simplified instead of looking at that list and going ‘woooaa’. Just start out doing as it says. Forehead, throat, etc. Often I visualize white or purple energy flowing from point to point.

I also experiment with the seconds you focus on one body part. I find that focusing on each point for 10 seconds (“Forehead, 1… 2… 3…”, “Throat, 1… 2… 3…”) is too long. 10 seconds makes me fall asleep. I tried 7 seconds, which was a bit too short, and I find 8 seconds works best for me. With the counting, your mind stays focused as well, I think.