Do you kill bugs/flies?

This question came to my mind recently. I thought it’d be interesting to poll how many people kill bugs or not.

So here it is, do you kill bugs or flies? Even if it is in your room? Do you let it go and ignore it?

And explain why please. :biggrin:

You probably think I’m weird. :tongue: I just have to know! :biggrin: I’m curious.

If it flies around bothering me when I’m trying to concentrate, it has to die. If it’s sitting on or near my bed and I intend to sleep soon, it has to die. If it’s in my car, on the footpath, on the wall, anywhere near my monitor, or somewhere within my line of sight, you guessed it, it’s time to walk the bug-sized green mile.

Eh, they’re better off that way.

Hey, don’t expect people to reply if you don’t put your opinion out first!!

I have a paranoia of spiders. I hate them so. Whenever I see one, it’s dead or it gets away. Usually they get away :sad: and I’m forced to stay away from that area until I think it’s safe again. Once I let one go under the couch and I couldn’t get on it for days. I also hate flies and everything. Every single stupid bug I find in my house I have to kill kill kill kill kill. It’s an impulse. Every time I see a fly my hand goes for the swatter. Lately I’ve been getting very lax with ants, because they’re all over the house and no matter how frickin many I kill, more will be coming for me. So I don’t care that there’s probably an ant or 10 crawling on my whist I type this message. Don’t get me wrong, I hate their little ant guts, but what can I do? Killing won’t make em leave. But spiders and anything else that aren’t as plentiful as ants, dead. Darned little pests.

My reason… I dont’ like unsanitary food, bites, bites during the night, and little stuff crawling all over me that I can’t easily catch and destroy. If a spider ever gets into my pants, I won’t be able to get it for 5 mins. Better to prevent.

In short, I have a very, very profound hatred for little bugs because those dirty little mofos are too stealthy with their attacks and when they crawl on your food out it goes. (Last week one whole rotisserie chicken down the drain… there were hundreds of ants stuck to its fatty perimiter… and once bees swarmed over this hot dog I had just put ketchup and mustard on.)

Oh, also those little critters are the only types of creatures that have ever attacked me during the course of my life. Pooping pidgeons in San Francisco excluded.

Bwhahahahahhaahhahahahahahahaha!

Sorry that’s sooo funny!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hehehe, here my answer, I don’t kill bugs or flies at all. I let them go freely. :content: Even if it’s on my monitor… I just shoo it off, but I let it alone. :biggrin:

I live in peace and will always be!

Never. I know it’s illogical though. I feel horrible killing something just for being there. DM7 I’m guessing from the question you don’t? Then again, I have no idea :confused:

I hate ants, I kill them whenever I get the chance. :grrr:

Nope i dont kill it.
I try to get it outside though, if its very annoying.

I usually politely ask the bugs to leave. Sometimes I have to ask twice.

I never ask a third time.

I can never resist the urge to smash anything that move even a little bit so i always take the opportunity and smash away. Yea if im about to sleep and i see a bug i will always smash it otherwise it gets to me. Spiders however I leave alone they are the only exception.

If it is a spider, I usually always let them live. I have a few spider webs around my house which I just leave alone. If it is an insect or something in my house, I will try to guide it outside (same with a spider if it hasn’t established a web yet). If I’m about to go to sleep or if the insect is in the same room, I’ll still try to guide it outside, but if I’m too tired, I’ll just open my door, let it crawl out of my room, then not care less about it and go to sleep. :tongue: I guess I’m just respectful toward animals. I used to kill 'em off, but now I believe they do have a right to live just like everyone, so I try to do my best to not worry about them. Of course, if they do get into my food, I’ll angrily shoo them away, or maybe even kill them if I’m angry enough, but I’m usually nice enough to let them live.

It depends how stubborn, nasty, or just plain uncooperative it is.
Flies usually are too spastic and stupid to be shooed outside. They have to go.
Some spiders are really fast, vicious, and poisonous. Those also have to go.
If they’re little, seem slow, and generally unconcerned by me, then they get to hop a ride on a magic carpet and out the back door.
Ladybugs - Who would hurt a lady bug?! I had to stand on my toilet for 5 minutes trying to coax one onto me once…
Caterpillars are rarely in the house, but you just can’t smush those. Put 'em outside.
Ants aren’t in my house, but if they were, I’d be forced to annihilate them. I don’t want any ants in my food, no offense to the little guys. They can stay outside.

So, as a whole, unless it REALLY bothers me it’s free.

I don’t kill bugs unless they are the kind that bites or stings and then only if they are in the house. Spiders I don’t kill anymore but I used to. Now if I find one even in my bed I just fling it across the room or put it in a cup to take a ride outside. The reason I will kill bees or wasps in the house is mostly that I have 5 cats and I am their mom so I have to make sure they don’t get hurt by things like that. And I have wiped up spider nests and egg sacks too. But for the most part if I can avoid killing something I will and the only time I will do it is if its posing a danger to my cats and I can’t reasonably get it out of the house. :bored:

Interesting interesting… interesting. :uh: I’m thinking.

Why don’t you kill it (to everyone who is anti-killer)?

For me, it’s because I live in peace. I live with love. Everyone is equal… everything deserves to be alive. :happy:

Those two things I don’t kill. Ladybugs don’t bug you like everything else, worms are OK because they’re outside and they help with stuff…

Well, I’ve only met a caterpillar once in my entire life, and I tried to be really, really good to it, but uh… I killed it. Not intentionally. It was really stupid, actually. My sister and I were really little and we decided to take care of it. We gave it some stuff to eat… and one day, it turned all brown and stuff. Today, I know that’s a cocoon. That day, we thought it was dead. If we had been more sensible, we would have just put it somewhere, but uh, you know, when you’re little and innocent, everything dead and not annoying needs to be buried :wink:

Yes, that was extremely cruel and sad.

I used to kill bugs just for fun. Now I really try not to kill them - even mosquitos and such. I usually blow on them and they’ll either get scared and run off or get blown away by the wind. I also talk to them.
Whenever I end up killing (or even allowing/unintentionally causing the death of) a bug or anything for that matter I feel a little remorse because I’d say it’s so far pretty nice to be alive and I don’t want to take that away from things. I’ve no more right to live than anything else.
On the other hand, I don’t get too terribly choked up, because death is a part of life and it happens ALL the time to everything.

I kill mosquitos in my bedroom if i go to sleep and they attack me… otherwise bugs are just fine with me… :wink:

The average mattress has 2 million dust mites (dust mites are a kind of spiders invisible to the human eye). A quarter of the weight of the average pillow is dead or living dust mites. They can only live because of our sweat (and sperm :wink: ) so if we have a special mattress cover and pillow many of them will die. Well, since I’m very allergic to dust mites (not the dust mites themselves but their poop) a few weeks ago I buyed a special mattress cover + pillow and my allergy almost completely disappeared. This means they can’t reach me anymore and die from hunger. So to answer your question, I’ve probably killed millions of dust mites :biggrin: .

LOL BrainHacker!! Besides this I normally don’t kill any animal intentionally. Because my parents and my sister are pretty afraid of those big brown house spiders, I’m always the one who needs to put them outside. Mostly I first let them crawl a bit on my arms. It’s just an awesome feeling :wink:
And if it’s not necessary I won’t even kill plants. They’re living creatures as well aren’t they? I don’t kill them because I agree with you DM7. Everyone deserves to live. We’ve destroyed enough already. If you don’t start to look at yourself, how can you ever change the whole world then? :smile:

Sounds strange coming from a guy who has organized a holocaust in his own house, but basically I agree with minimalizing suffering as much as possible for other creatures :content: .

I don’t. Usually I’ll let them be. But if it’s a spider and I think that it could bother or harm another It’s gone, ants only if they are in my house, flys if they won’t leave me alone. But other words I don’t. If they leave me alone I’ll leave them alone. Once they bother me or get in my way there outa here.

I just feel that everything has the right to live just like we do. Who are we to decide what lives and dies.

It’s funny to think back to when I was a kid and how destructive I was. Now I’m much more peacful both in Rl and my dreams. :smile: