teh lagunage of our draems

:gni: :lmao: :rofl:

You got me doing RC’s because of that! :wow: That’s really interesting because I was reading it normally then I caught myself, “Wait a second! The letters are messed up and I still understand it!?!? I must be dreaming!”

That’s reaaally interesting. I didn’t know that. Lol, and it does prove that because I still was able to read it normally even though it was all messed up. :grin: I’m cool eh? :cool: Just kidding. :wink:

does RC’s once again Nope… I’m still awake. :wink:

Once I was watching a show on TV about our brains and how they work. It was talking how movies have gaps in them and our brain actually makes up what we see in the gap to make it all run into one snooth looking action.
I wish I could remember what it was on and what it was called.

Oh yeah I did just like DM7 said. I was reading it fine and then I noticed it was spelt wrong. You know in my dreasm writning is always perfectly spelled. Or so I think? :eh:

The same here! :smile:

looks more like my spelling :eek:

well i saw right away what was the trick here :tongue:
but still it is a funny thing… never knew our minds worked that way!

that’s real weird, and it is true!

my husband is dyslectic and i put him to the test, if he could read it easily too :smile:

and for him it was easier than normal text because he normally sees words messed up already, in this case he didn’t have to pay attention what the words really where he could just make out what it standed for.

most of that i read without realising it.

Though some of them i have to stop and think, like “problem”

on the Bigrht sdie i dno’t hvae to wrory aubot poorf radeing.

I’m curious how easy this is for someone that doesn’t have English as their native language.

Neat story Q about trying it with people that are dyslectic. Interesting. :content:

hmm yes vrey itnreistng i tuhogt the ttlie was a bit dcvenig

:wiske: The Topic title didn’t jump out at me except for the …teh (edit ). But I spotted the jumbled up writing right away even though I could work out what it meant.

Well, my native language isn’t English, and it worked just fine for me. I didn’t even notice something wrong with the title of this thread until mentioned by Moogle.

According to the research demonstrated in the quote, the first and last letters have to be in the same position, and only the middle letters can be arranged randomly. Therefore, that ‘teh’ in the title was misleading. :smile:

Yes I noticed that when I typed the title. :content: but I left it draw attention. :wink:

You know, I’ve seen this fact recently in about 3-4 different places told to me by completely unrelated people. However, I think it’s rather cool. Probably why I sometimes miss words when I’m reading. Wonder if it would work in other languages though?

I’d love to see something like that work in Japanese. Heheh.

That research must be true because, like moogle, I didn’t even notice antyhing wrnog wtih the tltie of tihs trhaed ecxpet the “teh” until I strated raeding it…

I noticed the title, but when I was reading it, I didn’t even think about it… I would be a terrable editor :help:

I’ve seen tihs in a cpuole paleces borefe, and I thuohgt it was interesting. Heehee…I can knid of raed tihs! :slight_smile: Msot ecxlelent.

Having been exposed to IRC for a number of years, this ‘recent’ discovery doesn’t really surprise me. When you’ve had to interpret words packed with symbols, inappropriate letters and even numbers, you start to notice just how powerful the mind is.

5ee w|-|4t I m34n? :tongue:

(Apart from proving a point, I’m very, VERY opposed to writing as demonstrated above. The concept of ‘personalizing’ words for whatever reason really drives me insane. We use a standard and constant method of written communication to make it easier to read. You all know who you are.)

d00d 47h3157, 3y3 7h1nk j00 r 2 c1053d-m1nd3d! L1gh73n ^, m4n!

51gn3d,

–73h 1337 h4x0r!

j00r 4 14m4r!