Do you kill bugs/flies?

I don’t kill bugs, except spiders. I really have a thing with spiders, I can’t really understand. Everything else I let be. Expecially flies, I once had a pet fly in my room, that wouldn’t go out of the window so it just stayed there, :tongue: ok thats a bit wierd!

lol DreamAddict did you ever think of getting into your shower? Or the quick through the door and slam it trick! Always works if you’re ahead of some of em! Plus I’ve got a vacumn cleaner. Hehe I was pretty entertained by my WindTunnel vision I had just now. SWEET.

Sorry.

I only kill stuff inside residential areas, spiders, mosquitoes, and attackers excluded. They die anywhere and everywhere. Other things don’t bug me while I’m outside. But once while I was hiking this bee kept circling me and landing on me. I was annoyed because I had just sprained my ankle and I was slapping violently all over and I never ever touched the fly. It never ever stopped buzzing around me, either.

I cant stand spiders either…
A long time ago, when I was in bed, A spider came down from a line he had attached to the ceiling, and was about 2 inches in front of my face. I swished it away and ran out of my room. I’ve been deathly afraid of spiders ever since :cry:

Another thing I cant stand are cockroaches. I was in my room on my computer one evening, and my dad fetched me to come to the backyard. He had sprayed a foot long roach with some kind of bug killer. the thing was limping around and it was HORRIBLE. It looked like it could have came in the dog door!

Other than that, I’m pretty much ok with other bugs… flies… bees… mosquitos

:content:

Interesting topic DM :slight_smile:

My answer is: unfortunatelly YeS :sad:.

I am a girl that is udderly HoRRiFiEd of the horrible cridders called…SPiDerS !!! :bored: They r the only bugs i kill, If they r small enough of course. And the only other insect would be the mosquito :neutral: When i feel something stinging my body, i just slap it and coinsidentally kill a mosquito(aww…2 bad). Other than that…No insects :wink:

Kat, lol! You’re too cute! :content:

I used to hate spiders, but now I am ok with them even though I got poisoned by spider before and I had to get some antibotics. Sometimes people nickname me spiderwoman. :content: I couldn’t even kill one baby spider. I’m weird I know, but I do find that very interesting that some people are horrified of bugs or some sort.

Lol, when I was a kid, I used to experiment on grasshoppers, trying to give them what I called, “Heavenly Home” where I feed them and take care of them so they don’t have to do anything. Unfortunately… I ahem kill them unintentionally. -_-

:happy: Yes, indeed it’s an interesting discussion! :biggrin:

I have a fear of spiders, I think mostly because I watched the movie ‘Arachniphobia’ (sp?) too much when I was a kid. But the only ones I’ll kill are the large ones I find in my room that are too aggressive to catch (I try to give them the quickest death possible). I live really close to a canyon, and while I dont know anything about classification of spiders, I think they are some kind of tarantula because they are relatively hairy and dont spin webs. After finding one, I’ll sometimes have giant spiders in my dreams, but I know the fear is irrational and I’m trying to find my peace with them. Anything else I either catch and release or just leave be.

I really just can’t be bothered to kill bugs. I just remove them from my room out into the hallway. If it’s to much effort then I just leave it. If I’m computing and a bug bothers me I will kill it.

So what about wasps and bees?
Well I’ll freak out if a wasp comes near. lol. I might wait for someone else to open the window. But if a bee came in I would open the window, to let it out.

:cool_laugh: I just remembered something fun to do!! :tongue:

Sometimes a little “night bug” or small moth will be in my room. If it’s dark the bug usually flies to the monitor of my computer. :neutral: It can be kinda annoying. . . . However :grin: if you let them land, and then move your mouse cursor towards them and wiggle it :lmao: they usually freak out. I usually have to chase them a while before they give up and fly away. :gni:

I find it interesting how many of us dreamers don´t kill bugs.Actually, just about anybody I know didn´t even ever think about the possibility that one shouldn´t kill an insect for ethical reasons.

DA, your cousin sounds pretty much like me.Especially the story about not being able to swim cause you got to save all those little insects…
When people kill things like mosquitos, wasps or the likes, I usually don´t say anything, cause I understand that people kill “attackers”.If there is an insect inside the house I volounteer to get it out, so it doesn´t get killed.If someone goes killing insects just for fun, I often try to stop them and tell them that I don´t like it.
One thing to add:
Were I live there aren´t any real poisonous animals.The worst thing that can happen is a painfull stung, but you never have to go to the hospital cause of some insect (unless you are allergic and get stung into the throat…)

Traumgänger

Lol i love spiders and their webs…so beautiful…i dont kill bugs…only exception is sometimes musquitos.
I have a wasp nest near my apartment lol and in summer at night when all sleep and iam still awake and enjoying the night they are atracted at my house by the light. I found a neat trick…i softly grab them behind their back at one wing and then they can do nothing and i walk them out and let them free…makes me the sting buster. Most surprisingly they never sting me or get agressive from that…

Could it be that marijuana aura around me :tulip:
that makes them relax?

A. yes!
B. No!
C. Maybe
D. Its my smile…they role up laughing :wink:

Jeff

You must be VERY COOL being able to grab these little killers :eek:

I wouldn’t dare to touch a wasp, I just wait till they sit on a window, I open it (and run away ASAP :panic: ) and then they usually fly outside.

I’m a minority here I guess. I kill the bastards. We got 2 wasp traps in the backyard. I slaughter spiders. (at work if I saw a spider, lets just say I missed the nail when I swung the hammer). I also hate mosquitos and flies. If I see a mosquito . . . Whaam! Less west nile for me. All other things are A OK! Snakes, bats, lizards all ok.

Neat ‘trick’ with flies, if you catch it in your hand, you can daze him by throwing him into something. (then when he flys around like a drunkard, get him with a shoe)

i use hairspray on very fast spiders, as I don’t trust my reflexes. That slows them down enough for me to catch them. The alternative, if I miss… big lump on my arm the next day. So I have to be sure. The hammer thing sounds efficient. I don’t kill anything besides “bugs”. Bugs don’t seem to have any life in them besides what’s preprogrammed into them. And you’re not really destroying much, I mean flies don’t live long anyways.

I really like the fly thing, but I don’t like to touch them.
P.S. The fly thing sounds cool.
P.S.S. DM7 will get you for this.

There’s a fly going 'round my head right now.
It’s 12:42; I’m too lazy to get rid of it…
I can think of one thing I did kill, recently - there was a hornet (!) in my room, where I sleep…

Nazca,

Ha ha ha, that’s funny. :wink: That’s good that you’re too tired to kill it. :biggrin: It makes the world much better. :content:

Raging_Canadian,

gasps You… you… you mock the flies? :crying: You kill them? :crying: Bad! Bad! Bad! calls bug polices to attack Raging_Canadian

:wink:

I just love to tease you… you know. :biggrin: Anyways, I must say that it’s very interesting! :hmmm:

Edit: I noticed that this discussion is over 50 posts limit. Would a mod please split this discussion into part II just to keep everything cleaner? Thanks! :content:

A few more posts (50 + 5) and we’ll split! This way the second part has already a few posts (splitted from the first part) and the “flow” of discussion can go on without being interrupted. :wink:

To those of you who won’t kill any bugs… are you vegetarian?

Some people think killing bugs is wrong. This belief stems from not having lived a bug’s life. In many ant cultures, being stomped upon by a human is a sign that you will be reincarnated as a higher life form. And for an ant to be killed via the sun-and-magnifying-glass method is the supreme form of death. :look: This means you will be reincarnated as a god.

sage,

I’m not a vegetarian. I need high protein to keep my health stabilized (I got hypoglycemia). Anyways, that’s an interesting fact… I find it a bit too strange to be true.

I’m wondering if other are vegetarian or not (people who don’t kill bugs)… mmm.

By the way BrainHacker, I see now. Sorry. :shy: At sealife we do a bit tiny different so that’s why. I get confused with rules here and at sealife sometimes. :content:

yes, as stated in the other thread, I am vegetarian.

@sage
Are you a bug? Or a bug god perhaps? :wink:

I want to say something on the question if one who can´t bring himself to kill bugs still can eat meat.I don´t know if your question was meant that way.
Anyway, there is an attitude which I as a vegetarian often feel confronted with, which goes like this:

“When you have ideas of moral that differ from the puplic opinion, you got to explain yourself.If your moral ideas have some contradiction, or can´t give answer on some moral questions, you are plain wrong.Also, you are some naive person cause you believe in your morals although it is obvious that you can´t live them in any situation of life”

Why I think this attitude is wrong:

Nobody is perfect, and nobody can be.I don´t claim perfection for myself. I am not naive, I see that there are contradictions in my moral ideas.I still believe in them, though, just cause I´ve got nothing better to exchange them with.
Morals aren´t so much about logic, but about feelings.I can´t explain why I think one shouldn´t kill bugs.I just feel that way.Perhaps my vegetarianism goes against human nature, but ignoring my feelings would also go against human nature.See the dilemma?
It isn´t fair that one who´s morals differ from the puplic opinion gest called a hypocrist, just cause he isn´t perfect, while it seems to be perfectly ok to follow the (imperfect) puplic opinion.

No offence sage, that wasn´t really aimed at you, just something I wanted to say for long and which seems to fit in here.

greets
Traumgänger

No i sure aint! There is a big difference between killing animals for food and killing animals for fun. I believe it is wrong to kill a living creature, unless it is necessary for your own survival.