marijuana

I just dont like to see the words unatural, thats why my opinon came to post… Otherwise we all see the negaitive side of it b/c i always seeing my self saying how much situations suck, but the fact is that i am smoking, so it makes the situation stoned, but better b/c its somewhat escape from reality. I just like it b/c it makes me more social, and every time it is done, certain events follow the ritual. I am going to far in the subject, i just didnt like to see it was called un-natutral.

Jabbervock, I almost want to say that Hubbs is a potential piece of counter-evidence against your ideas. But I won’t because I don’t know enough. Thanks for informing me that it is non-addictive, I didn’t know that was the case. I will have to do a little more research on the exact biological effects.

I was half surprised that this topic was actually posted, I sometimes forget that pot has not infiltrated every corner of existence (!). No its certainly not addictive, and though this doesn’t necessarily apply to kmc., I do think that half the reason there is so much fuss about it is that people not familiar with it immediately think of the word ‘drug’ and associate cannabis with drugs like heroin or coke - drugs that do deserve a bad reputation. Not saying by any means that you have to experience it before commenting on it (I actually hate the way it is glamourised so much), just think that there’s a lot of misinformation.

Actually, I think pot has infiltrated every corner of existence. I am a high school student in southern california and I will be the first to tell you that! I have abstained from it because I would 1)rather not do something illegal because I am just curious and 2)am pretty sure about the negative side effects over the long term (respiritory and digestive system, etc). The almost-other-reason I have is that I wouldn’t want to potentially put myself into a temporary paranoid state on purpose. But, once again, it is your choice. I think it seems that pot is a tobbacco with more interesting side effects. If it isn’t addictive, then I don’t see why it hasn’t replaced tobbacco (except for the fact that one is addictive and legal and the other isn’t and it is illegal :content: ).

I take everything just to opinoninate or just give advice, and it came to the point where you have to experiment yourself, and conclude your own thoughts, and try to explain… I dare you!!!

Don’t get the wrong idea i am just kidding around, i dont want to be anytype of influencial choice of anyones, so dont use this as an example, use it as a disclamer.hahahahahaha

high for a night, slow for a month

this is what happens to some of my firends.

but do what you like

I am not planning on smoking marijuana, ever. I have never seen anything long-term positive come about from smoking marijuana, and there are too many potentially extreme negative effects.

The long term reason to smoke, well there is no long term, because after a month its out of your system. So the thing is that i dont think it has any type of long term realtionship with other contributions. But that moment itself can be the most comfortable. Like an example i worked 9:30 to 7:00 all day, it wasnt that bad b/c i made great money. But once i had the chance to blaze up a bowl. Iswear it proabally one of the comfortable moments. I t is like being in a spa. My friend to, never has smoked ever… I always bust his ball(LIKE I AM DOING NOW), but never yet, he has never been weak enough or bored to smoke the bowl. We always fuck with him too by calling him a spazz and shit. The reason y b/c he is a spazz he can never chill out and thats y the idea always comes back to choice. He always says “no” and you know what I respect that decision,but one day i can see something going wrong in his life and he is going try the marijAuan and he is going love it. sAME THING FOR YOUR CASE TO kMCdonald when your time comes and when your mind will beredy to break loose and be comfortable. I am to busy talking good about the subject…this ending now because i can get in alot of trouble…Remember kids dont try this at home!!!

Are you trying to say that there is absolutely no long term effect of marijuana, positive or negative? I can’t believe this based on the studies done relating many respiritory problems to marijuana use. If you feel that you are no longer willing to contribute to this topic, so be it, but I would like you to know my stance on it as you leave it alone:

You mention that I will come to a point where I am going to try it, like you have, and your friend will. I may come to that point, but I will not try it because I have already made the deciscion not to. People who do try it in that sort of situation aren’t thinking clearly. I am thinking clearly, and I have decided to stay away.

Ok. were past the point where you aren’t going try it. Everyone has that barrier, and you seem very positive about the subject about not crossing it. All i am saying everybody has their falut, and don’t beat yourself about what you believe in the first time. I can’t believe that this subject carried this far, this is one subject that carriers thru someone’s head when their at a keg party and their thinking of reasons to tell people no and y they dont smoke. I can care less, im sorry for these posts came to this point of reasoning, because now i feel stupid for sharing feeling and explaning whats coming through my mouth. I dont debate what i type, i just carry on and on. And this is the last post about a great subject, that has been discussed one to many times.

Alright hubbs, sounds like a good place to end. :smile:

LoL!!!

Marijuana, IMO, shouldn’t be considered a class b drug. It should be moved down to a class c drug, considering that a third of the people from the ages of 15-30 smoke it casually.

There is yet to be ONE DEATH reported that has been caused by marijuana.

I think, not sure, that in the U.S. we have 325,000 people die ever year from smoking ciggs. and 235,000 from alchohol related incidents.

Cause folks, when you are smokin the dank, the last think you will want to do is go out for a drive. When I smoke, I feel relaxed and ready to sit back in my jacuzzi and chill out for a bit.

Yes, marijuana is harsh on the lungs. No shit sherlock, any smoke being inhaled into your lungs isn’t going to be good for them. But if you are smoking weed casually like myself (once ever week or two) then you have nothing to worry about.

Also, weed isn’t physically addictive. I have met some people who do it everyday, but they aren’t addicted. I had a friend who had been smoking weed ever since the fourth grade (btw he graduated from high school with a 3.7 GPA, weed doesn’t make you stupid, as far as I know…). Anyways, my friend stopped smoking a month ago. He simply stopped; cold turkey. Amazing huh? Cant do that with cigarrettes, at least not the normal person.

So I suggest trying weed. Recognize that it is something you need to handle with responsibility, JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE.
I think you will see the big picture after that smoke first fills up your lungs and you fall on your ass :razz:

Just try it sometime. THC itself isn’t bad for you, if you are against smoking the marijuana to get the THC, try vaporizing or eating marijuana-enhanced food. I believe like everything if marijuana is abused it is a bad thing, but if used in moderation it can be a wonderful gift.

what damage have you seen? i’m interested to know.

dear confusin,
i like to know about things i do… (and i dot a dui and was forced to take a drug abuce class) so i have had the oppertunity to dig into the subject.

1." There is yet to be ONE DEATH reported that has been caused by marijuana"

A. this is 100% true. on one has ever been able to prove any death’s in relation to weed.

1. “Yes, marijuana is harsh on the lungs. No shit sherlock, any smoke being inhaled into your lungs isn’t going to be good for them.”

A. did you know that there has never been a report that show’s long term affect on the lungs from smoking weed. that’s because the body breaks it down. in short…if you take some resin out out your pipe into your hand and rub it it will disolve. “biodegratable”…you know another use for the tar that’s in ciggs? “ROADS” the ones you drive your car on.
only short term “affect’s” have been documented.

1. “Also, weed isn’t physically addictive. I have met some people who do it everyday, but they aren’t addicted.”

A. sorry dog…that’s wrong. but i still have a respone you’ll like to know. it is in fact pyhsically addictive. the thing is you don’t feel it. there have been a slight claim of w/drawl . but most has been written off w/ a psycaligical additcion. because…it stays in your body (specificly in fat) for 30 days (or longer if you smoke daily & have a high % of body fat.) it stays in your system for almost 2 weeks.( where it is detectable in urine screens) so in essince…“weed comes w/ a treatment plan if you ever want to quit”(or if you can’t afford it that week).

1. “I had a friend who had been smoking weed ever since the fourth grade (btw he graduated from high school with a 3.7 GPA, weed doesn’t make you stupid, as far as I know.”

A. good observation…never been provin…the closest they got was short term Effects of weed. some say it actuly only “puts a portion of your brain cells to sleep 4 a few hrs.”

1. “Recognize that it is something you need to handle with responsibility, JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE.”

A. man made alcohol…but god made marijuana. who you gona trust.
( did you know it was recently made legal 2 possess up to 3 oz. on your person in nevada?)

1. Marijuana related death.
    Only one death reported. (true)
    However, as you mention, evidence to support that the death was due to marijuana is not always evident. So there may be many other unrelated deaths. And also, does death matter if quality of life is less (due to degenerative effects and respiritory problems)?

1. Marijuana’s effects on the respiritory sytem.
    There is no long term effect on the respiritory system, only short term. (false)
    This is completely false, the long term effects are similar to tobbacco use:

“The health risks associated with smoking tobacco have been well documented and many of the same constituents are present in cannabis smoke, including most of the known carcinogens.”
British Medical Association. Therapeutic Uses of Cannabis. 1997. p.73.
This explains itself.

1. Marijuana’s addictiveness
    Marijuana is addictive. (true)
    Here is some more info on that topic. nih.gov/news/pr/jun97/nida-26.htm

1. Marijuana’s long-term effects
    Weed doesn’t make you stupid. (false)
    First we would have to define intelliegence, but I will assume we generally agree on the definition. Here is where you may have heard that only the short term effects have been researched:

“Marijuana impairs perception, judgment, thinking, memory and learning. Memory defects may persist for 6 weeks after last marijuana use.”
Based on research by of Dr. Richard Schwartz, Vienna Pediatrics Associates in the American Journal of Diseases of Children.

Here is definite evidence, however, that marijuana can cause long term problems:

“Long-term use of marijuana may cause irreversible memory problems. Marijuana users find it more difficult to separate irrelevant information from the relevant, their reaction times are longer and electrical activity of the brain is slowed.”
Based on research by from Macquarie University, Sydney in conjunction with Australia’s National Drug & Alcohol Research Centre.

“Marijuana has long been known to trigger attacks of mental illness, such as bipolar (manic-depressive) psychosis and schizophrenia. It has been shown that marijuana users are six times more likely to develop schizophrenia than are non-users.” Based on research by of Dr. S. Andreasson published in Britain’s The Lancet.

1. Marijuana’s general use
    It should be handled responsibly. (true)
    The responsible way to handle it is to not handle it at all.
    “The best throw of the dice is to throw them away” - Fortune Cookie

I guess I have to post this CMAJ article every friggin’ two weeks. It shows no evidence for long term IQ effects from marijuana.

Marijuana has been well established as non physiologically addictive. You really shouldn’t trust US government sources for drug info as they have a blatant agenda. There is definately a possibility of psychological addiction but that happens with Everquest as well. :smile:

You are assuming that IQ tests correctly measure intelligence. And besides, I am not claiming that IQ is lowered, I am claiming that there are long term cognitive effects. They admit that although there are no apparent long term effects on IQ if you STOP using it, but if you continue to use it it says that over time you lose IQ points. So, if you use marijuana for ten years, lets say, and lose 5 IQ points, then don’t use it for ten years and get the five back, then you are still 10 IQ points lower than everyone around you! I would say that is a long term effect. Thanks for the article, it supports my viewpoint.