The Big Riddle Topic (Beware of Brain Damage) - Part 5

Same here. Put us out of our misery and tell us the answer. It’s sending me insane. :clown: :uh:

okay. Is “nothing”. Nothing apply to all. Congratulation to all who got right. ^.^ It took me a while.

Any other riddle?

What about this one. I get right on first try, but then I second guess myself. But was right.

If you is in race, and you overcome the person racing for second place, what place you in?

:partying_face: I pm-ed and I got it right first time!

yay for you! ^.^

Any one else?

Also, an other riddle,
Black when buy it,
red when use,
white when throw away.

What it is?

ah nothing :smile: that was it!

hmm technically it is moogles turn for the next riddle since she got ateists brainbender correct :smile: And since you got trung of wu’s second riddle correct as well… I’m looking forward to a riddle of yours moogle! :cool:

oh. Heh. So so sorry, wasn’t paying attention. ^.^`

Don’t worry about it. I was looking for a good riddle website…Atheist has now pointed me in the right direction(I wish he had a different user name as that sounds like he’s turning me into an atheist :happy: ).
I’ll post one shortly. In the meantime I think the answer to your last one was [color=red]coal[/color]. My husband got it quite quickly.

New Riddle
I’ve picked an easy one so you won’t all go mad.

[color=blue]Inside of a dark closet are five hats: three blue and two red. Knowing this, three smart men go into the closet, and each selects a hat in the dark and places it unseen upon his head.
Once outside the closet, no man can see his own hat. The first man looks at the other two, thinks, and says, “I cannot tell what colour my hat is.” The second man hears this, looks at the other two, and says, “I cannot tell what colour my hat is either.” The third man is blind. The blind man says, “Well, I know what colour my hat is.” What colour is his hat?
[/color]

If you get it fast pm me otherwise just post your answer here.

yes yes. Coal is correct.

Uhm I guess it’s allowed to post the answer?

SPOILERS

It comes down to compare the various possibilities with the statements of the two first people and to use some logical thinking :wink: .
These are the possibilities for the 3 people (let’s call them 1, 2 and 3, so that the blind guy is person 3):

1. blue, blue, blue. Remains: red, red
  2. blue, blue, red. Remains: blue, red
  3. blue, red, blue. Remains: blue, red
  4. blue, red, red. Remains: blue, blue
  5. red, blue, blue. Remains: blue, red
  6. red, blue, red. Remains: blue, blue
  7. red, red, blue. Remains: blue, blue

Now, 1 looks at the others and says he still doesn’t know the colour of his hat. This means that 2 and 3 cannot have both a red hat, because if this would be the case, then there would be only blue hats left so there would be no doubt anymore that 1 wears a blue hat.
Possibility 4 is thus impossible. What can we say for sure: 2 and 3 are wearing both blue hats, or one of them wears a red hat.
2 also states he can’t be sure of the colour of his hat. We know there are two possibilities here: 2 and 3 both have blue hats, or only one of them wears a blue hat, the other one wears a red one then. If 3 wears a red hat, then 2 would know for sure that he himself had a blue one (because of the statement of 1). But 2 says he still doesn’t know it, so this has to mean that 3 MUST be wearing a blue hat (possibilities 2 & 6 are impossible). This still leave two possibilities for 2: a blue or a red hat. After hearing the two statements, there was no doubt anymore for the blind person to know the colour of his hat.
Am I correct? I hope the explanation is clear :smile:

EDIT: Actually it wasn’t necessary to write down all the possibilities… :wink:

:wiske: The first correct pm was Badcandle Jack…but he has asked not to do next riddle.

The next was Insane Goth…so do you wish to pick next riddle?

The answer was blue.We will call the people A, B & C in the order that they speak.

A does not know what colour hat he is wearing. A would only know what colour hat he was wearing if he could see that B & C were both wearing red hats, (as there were only two red hats in the cupboard.) This is not the case so either:-

B & C are both wearing blue hats
OR
one of B & C is wearing red and the other is wearing blue

When B speaks we obviously assume he has thought of all of this. When B looks at C if C were wearing red then he would know that he must be wearing blue as they can’t both be wearing red. But this does not happen so C must be wearing blue, meaning that B doesn’t know if he is wearing red or blue:

The third person must be wearing a BLUE hat

Don’t have much time right now to find some of the really insane ones lol…

so a nice simple one for now :smile:

A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 minutes. A kid that was listening said, “That’s nothing, I can stay under water for 10 minutes using no types of equipment or air pockets!” The magician told the kid if he could do that, he’d give him $10,000. The kid did it and won the money. Can you figure out how?

The kid drowned himself? Probably not… :wink:

:cool_laugh: He did it in a lucid dream! :tongue:

he held a glass of water over head yesh yesh?

Trung of Wu - yep yep :cool:

lol @ moogle :wiske:

yay!
How about this?

Before go out to eat, woman shoot her husband, than hold him underwater for ten minute, then hang. Then go out for wonderful evening at resturaunt. ^.^ How?

That’s a classic: the woman is a photographer who simply takes a photograph of her husband and develops it :smile:

yes. Like that one much ^.^

Here’s another classic riddle. In the first picture you see 16 ghosts. In the next picture, sections A and B have switched places. But now there are only 15 ghosts. How’s this possible?? Can you tell me which ghost has disappeared??

The one below the red candle? :peek: I don’t like ghosts :smile: