What if you do a RC

before going to sleep? I mean, you keep RCing everything in your room until you fall asleep? It would be hard, but you would eventually fall asleep. It might work? 0.o Just a curious idea

You could try something like that. It sounds similar to Lucid Living if you ask me. That might help to do before sleep too. Just consider that you already are in a lucid dream before going to sleep. Notice the detail of everything in your surroundings and imagine it as if you were dreaming.Then hold that thought as you go to sleep. I don’t know if that would work before going to sleep, but attempting Lucid Living as you do reality checks throughout the day helps.

Mimic if you want to try that plz do it in the morning…set alarm, wake up earlier like in WBTB method and try that 4 20 minutes then go back to sleep again…way better chance then 4 a ld then when you do your method before sleeping! :wink:

Jeff

I don’t think I could fall asleep while doing RCs. :bored:

Sage…hint…use a slow returning boomerang (rubber) hammer…then you will be able to do some rc’s and then fall a sleep! :tongue:

Jeff

Try performing an RC every 10 minutes or so until you fall asleep. This is easy for me because I can see about 5 digital time displays in the dark from any arbitrary position in my room (technology freak), so I don’t even have to move to do an RC while I’m lying there trying to sleep. Eventually you’ll fall asleep, and if you’re lucky the first thing you’ll dream about is looking at the time.

this is a good idea, but I find it really really hard to get to sleep when I know the time. It’s like I’m counting down the hours until I get up, stupid I know, but It happens. I was wondering if anyone knew a way of doing a RC in a pitch dark room, without using a clock? if you could tell me one I would be VERY grateful, and will try this :content:

The point of any RC isn’t so much so prove that you’re dreaming, but merely to adopt a questioning state of mind. In my dreams I find that just thinking about doing an RC will cause me to become lucid, then actually carrying out the RC is merely a form of stabilization or confirmation before I do something embarrassing (or illegal). Anyway, I guess the point is that you only need to bring yourself back to questioning your state every 10 minutes, even if you don’t have a nearby object or digital display to use. Maybe you can try counting your fingers by feeling them, rather than seeing them?

I thought the finger counting had to be done visually? Will it work if you do it without looking at them, just by feeling?

Traditionally it is, I’m just suggesting ways to improvise when you can’t see. Even just by feeling them, you’ve managed to put yourself in a state of questioning whether or not you are dreaming - and that’s really the whole point.

Suggestion: Alter the time on this digital clock by a number of hours and minutes. That way you won’t know what the time is. Keep altering it every day, randomly.

There’s always the “how did I get here?” RC. :neutral:

I never seem to ask that to myself when I dream. And at that time, I certainly don’t remember how I got here…

If you have a digital watch with a glow-light you can press to check the time, that might be useful.

You could probably pick one up at a bargain store for under 5 bucks.