First Recall

I have just very recently been interested in LD and decided I wanted to learn as much as possible and to experience it for myself. The problem I have had in the past is I dont seem to have any recollection of dreaming. It’s like I never have a dream. So last night I set my alarm to wake up after sleeping for 6 hrs. I stayed up for an hour than went back to bed. I had 3 dreams I remember vividly. After I awoke from each dream I wrote down what I remembered and went back to sleep. The dreams seemed to be hazy, and I could see myself interacting with other people in the dream, but I seemed to be observing this at the same time and I had no control over what took place. I was quite thrilled that I had such vivid recall since I always thought I did’nt dream because of no recall ability in the past. My question is is should I consider this significant for my first attempt or is this the norm? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Roth and welcome to the forum! :happy:

It sounds like for your first night, you made great progress. If you want to have LDs, the first thing you have to do is be able to remember them. Three recalled dreams in one night is pretty good.

You might want to check out the “BIG Remembering Dreams Topic” in the Lucidity Intro section for more info on ways to remember. Then eventually, you will want to start trying WBTB, WILD, and/or MILD. Good luck! :happy:

Think im gonna have to try that early alarm clock trick as i also had terrible trouble remembering dreams :bored: , when i do there usualy short and not often vivid, & sometimes recall of a small part of a dream comes later on in the day (but dont mind at least its recall) :happy: