Lord of the Rings

Im a big fan too, but i read the books (including the silmarillion) only twice yet :tongue:

Another fan here! Can’t wait for it to come out, I’m getting excited already. I’ve seen a trailer on the TTT DVD, it looks amazing!

Big fan over here. Only two more months now before the extended TTT, and then another month before ROTK. I can’t wait (but I guess I just have to).

Count me in too.Thats one of my favourite movies ever.Ive allways wanted to live such life,hopefully in my after death experience i will:)
take care:)

The official site has released the trailer (high quality!) ROTK link.

It is absolutely amazing. There’s more emotion and beauty in those few minutes than most movies hope to achieve in 2 hrs. :happy:

I absolutely agree :content:

Wow, the high quality one is a lot… clearer… than the other. :grin:

/ds

Iam planning to play a Lord of the ring adventure in some of my lds :smile:
would be fun if we all could join in such a dream and have a collective shared adventure lol…
Also fun if all fans and dreamers of this forum of LOTR could see the movie together! But well thats just a dream :grin:

Jeff

Heheh great idea Jeff, where do i sign up? Oh and what kind of story will we invent? Some nasty evil dude with rings to defeat? LOL

I’m like, counting the days till its release. I could’ve gone to see it during a school trip, but I didn’t take the class that will be going. Bummer.
Anywhoo, someone said they read the Silmarillion. Thats the next one I want to read. How was it?

I have read The Silmarillion; it is unbelievable. It is beautiful and sad and glorious and joyous… it contains so much emotion - a must-read for any LotR fan.

The Silmarillion What’s that? :confused: :eh:

It’s Tolkien’s mythology from the Beginning (creation of middle earth by Eru) through the beginning of the Third Age. It’s basically all the stories and histories leading up to LotR. It’s very good reading, and it all sounds so true, I’m amazed it all came from the mind of one man.

Sounds intresting :happy: , have any links???

Hmm, I haven’t read the Sil yet… I’ve heard that it’s a bit of a tough read. I might give it a shot though.

Hey daysong!

I am a great fan of LotR too!
I have read the whole book of LotR.
In the English language, and I am Dutch so that makes me more proud about it :content:
I have read the Silmarillion, but stopped somewhere in the middle.
It is indeed a bit though to read it, but the beginning is very interesting :smile:

I can’t wait for the last and third part of the movie of Lord of the Rings - Return of the King :tongue:

Silmarillion is definately a must read for lotr fans i agree, its even better if you read it more then once (just like lotr hehe) :happy:
Some ppl say it is a difficult book to read, thats a bit true there are so many names in it, but what i did (i suck in remembering names lol) i just wrote them all down so i could sneek and see who the heck was who :wink:

Yes, Xetrov, that’s exactly what I heard… The Silmarillion has A LOT of things to pick up.

It’s funny to compare The Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and The Silmarillion. The Hobbit is certainly the easiest to read, in terms of understanding the story and all of its characters fully. The Lord of the Rings definitely gets harder, as there are many more characters and events. From what I’ve heard about The Silmarillion, it has even more characters and events and such.

That was somewhat a pointless comparison, but for some reason I felt the urge to share it… :peek:

Gollum would say :smile:
Those urgesss what can we do about them, my preciouss lol

I have still to read the Silmarillion…wonder how it will be :happy:
Witch caracter of LOTR would be a lucid dreamer…Gandalf?

Jeff

Yesss, preciouss, what can we do? :peek:

Hm, yeah, Gandalf might be a lucid dreamer… Or perhaps Galadriel or Elrond.

Galadriel and Elrond of course! Forgot about them :peek:
They could very well be lucid dreamers hehe would be fun if Tolkien had written it that way…would be so funny for us dreamers. :grin:

Smeagol: “Yesss, preciouss, what can we do?”
Daysong: “Drink some mint tea? maybe?”
Smeagol: “Hatess mint…Hatesss tea…hatesss you”
Daysong: “No cookie for you! Btw your ugly!”

:grin:

Jeff