since i started trying...

…to have lucid dreams, etc. I’ve noticed 2 things.

1: I still havent had one :eh:

2: Im dreaming more often, well to my knowledge I am. I’m remembering more and more of my dreams, stupid as they may be!

The latter has never been the case with me! I hardly ever remember my dreams and when I do, it’s because something that just happened triggered it in my memory and I get a quick “flash” of what dream I had the night before.

I found this to be great because the other morning I remembered 3 dreams! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I woke up from 2 dreams then went to sleep to have another!

If this is in the wrong forum, sorry about that. I just want to get across the point that ever since looking into this, my dreams are more frequent and stick in my mind better! :smile:

I have still yet to have a LD.

That means you are making progress. I can relate to all that you are saying myself. Now when you start getting your first LD’s you will want to remember them, so keep working on your dream recall. My record is 6 or 7 dreams in one night (an extremely REM-intensive night).

For all you know you could have been dreaming lucid dreams your whole life without ever remembering it! :smile:

Edit: I hate to be a smartass, but you are not allowed to have images in your sig here. And everyone has already seen that particular one a million times before.

is my face red! lol

sorry for not reading rules.

i will continue with progress and hopefully will be having OBE! thats one of my goals!

I get that a lot. I was beginning to think I was the only one as well. But the weird thing is, the dreams usually have literally nothing to do with either what I was thinking of doing at the time I remember them. And sometimes it happens but before I can think about it, I’ve forgotten it again.

I get that feeling too. Sometimes for about 3 seconds I remember my entire dream, and then forget it as soon as it comes back to me! Sounds like you’re making good progress, remembering your dreams is one of the most important things to learn on your quest to lucidity. Good luck!

Used to have that here, but stick with it. It’ll pay off. Do more reality checks everynow and then in your waking life, and you’ll start to do them in dreams more often

You are making much progress.
Just keep at it.
I takes time to go Lucid but it will come in time.

I sorta had the same thing. For the past two nights I remembered 3 dreams each…well pieces of them :content: . How would I increase my dream recall? :confused: I already keep a dream journal and I also repeat to myself that I will remember my dreams before I go to sleep.

I also have another question, how do you know when your dreams begin and end? :confused: Since dreams can be so abstract wouldn’t it be difficult to tell. I know the ones I remember are too short to be full dreams but I sort of wonder if that really was the whole dream.

I used to just get the ‘flashbacks’ when I first started trying to recall dreams. Perseverence is the key - just stick with it and it will become easier.

Make sure that you are as relaxed as possible when trying to recall your dreams. Once you have a ‘flashback’ ask yourself ‘What was that all about?’ Where was I?, what was I doing?, how was I feeling?

Try to work out what triggered the flashback and this might help you remember more. You will find that you can slowly piece together different things that you know happened in a dream. It does get easier.

Hope this helps. :smile:

The easiest time to remember your dreams is just when you get up. When you get up, lie in bed for a few minutes, try and stay in the same position you were in while sleeping, and think back to your dreams it could take a while before the whole dream comes to you, but once it does go over it in your head one more time, then write it down. This is always my favorate way of recalling dreams, mostly because it works, and I get to stay in bed for an extra few minates :smile:

This morning I tried not to get up immediately but no recall came to me…

:cry:

thank you all for replies. i have had many pc probs within the last wk and was unable to come back :grrr:

i appreciate all your replies. hopefully this forum will be as regular to me as the DCEmulation ones are. :content:

i WILL keep trying and report any further progress as it happens.

btw, to the web master, great site!

My dream lexicon topic should help with that, it’s on this forum.

Don’t let it get you down though, I took a break from remembering my dreams and have this problem now…although it’s starting to go away :content:

Just keep at it and it won’t be a problem for long.

i downloaded the Lexicon and the Laberge interview. hopefully these will be of some use to me :content: