going back in time

i have an idea to use my lucid dreams to go back to when i was a kid.
i am trying to use intending and also reinforsceing when i become lucid to tell myself that i am 9 and in grade 4. i am trying to use some of the memories i still have to trigger this. i hope that i will be able to relive old memmories and unlock memories ive forgotten and experience what it was like to be a kid again.

i realise this is a most difficult quest that will take some time and was just wondering if anyone else has tried or succeded in doing this

Sounds like a great idea! This i want to try myself next time i have a decent ld :smile:

Never did this in a lucid dream, but I always found it quite easy to unlock images and feelings of my childhood during the hypnagogic stage that appeared to be deeply buried and carried strong emotions. I always found it to be quite emotionally overwhelming though no matter what particular emotion. Not sure if this is just me, or would be the same for everyone. I would be interested to hear.

Anyways, my point is, maybe lucid dreams are not the best method to unlock it, and probably quite hard to do since it requires such a shift in identity. If you still would want to it through lucid dreams, perhaps it would be easier would be to recreate the landscape, sounds and people of your childhood and watch your emotional reactions to it, and the memories that that pop in your head, instead of turning yourself into kid again.

Aitun

I agree with Tomas, it sounds like a very good idea. However, the means for changing identity may be kind of hard. Perhaps you could “clone” (split) yourself into two parts, where the combined ages add up to your current age and you are inhabiting the body of the child? Just an idea…

From when I was younger, I remember trying to recall memories from when I was very little, something like 3 years old… Then I just laid down, comcentrated very hard on remembering things from the period I wanted to gain memories from, and after a while a lot of memories would pop up in my head. I don’t remember excatly what I did, but it was something like this. Hope this helps. And yes, I am back! :smile:

I’ve hear stories about doctors touching different part of the brain and triggering memories from the past as if it was happend right there and then, so everything is in there somewhere.
I belive an LD is the best way to connect deep memories. I have some Ideas of how to do this. One is to look at the TV and expect the channal 666 to be a portal to the past where you can see yourself as a kid. another is to expect seening yourself in a room in your dream world. You migth also try asking your spiritual guide to take you back in time.
I myself have very litle interest in going back in time so I have never tried this and I’m not going to. But if you have lost you mother or something in the past, you might wanna look at yourself in the past before the happening.

Our memory works by linking events to other memories. Not by storing it as it was. Our memory is not a video cam. People tell different stories even 10 minutes after - for example - a car accident, but they saw the same thing happening. Little details change, like the color of the drivers’ hair. Over time more changes occur.