Link between dreams and the afterlife...

Hi all,

I had a strange experience today, but I’ll start off with a dream I had last year.

My grandad had died 2 years previous, and in a dream, he came back and we had a day out in really nice place. There were games of cricket going on, my grandad’s favourite sport. I knew he had died, and he even said so himself. I asked why he didn’t visit the rest of my family, to which he replied “I do sometimes, but they keep forgetting!” He also said that heaven was making more visits possible soon.

Anyway, my best friend (my dog Max) died last August, and I have had quite a few dreams about him. Each one I know that he has died, but he has, every time, just popped back to say hello to us all. I awoke from the dream, though forgetting most of it at first, but knowing that ‘I had another dream about Max’. A few minutes after waking, I smelt a familiar smell. I sat up and realised that it was Max’s smell, basically a dog smell, one I haven’t smelt for months, though remember. That’s when I started remembering the rest of the dream.

Strange- it’s like dreaming is the link between the afterlife and Earth. Of course, there will be sceptics who say ‘It was just a dream, once you die, you die’, but I think otherwise.

Kind regards,
-LAJ

Call me a sceptic then.

I don’t believe in a connetion between dreams and afterlife, either…

This is a bit of a coincidence because about 2 years ago my dog, also named Max, passed away. Between 6 months to a year later I had a number of dreams about him. In fact my first LD came from seeing him in a dream. I hugged him and he morphed into another type of dog. He went on to trigger several more LDs.

Everything that I liked about my dog is there for retrieval in some form in my brain. In that sense, for me at least, my dog continues to exist. Only his effects live on after death.(IMHO)

Yes, I think you have something there. It’s like your dog is living after his death in your dreams, but it isn’t the dog in itself, but the memory after him that is living on in your dreams.

Laj…

dont forget…a true sceptic has to say on this…
It doesnt matter what i believe…what matters is what i know…and on this subject…a sceptic has to say…“I dont know yet…science has still to find out for me and us all!”

If a person is not like this he/she is not a sceptic but a believer!

Jeff