IS there really such a thing as an LD shortcut?

I don’t really see any, except for the dream goggles and things of that sort, but that is not a shortcut, that is cheating. -.-

hmm … I don’t think that it’s cheating, but that’s of course just my little opinion :smile: I see nothing wrong with a shortcut ( = “cheating”). Not everyone has the will/patience to “devote” his life to LDing and learn all the techniques. Some people just want to LD to have a good time :smile: or to get rid of nightmares …

you’re not really devoting your life though. When people tell me they don’t have the time to learn, I think to myself “well, I guess he has something better to do at 2 a.m.”. It’s not like you’re going to school when you’re sleeping. ^.^

I think the shortcuts should help you learn how to LD naturally…

There’s nothing wrong with shortcuts if they help you achieve your goal. Why fly from Los Angeles to Sydney via Tokyo when you can fly direct? There’s nothing wrong with either route. One may save time, one may save money. And yes, like clarkkent said, even using a “cheating” device will eventually train your mind to recognize the dream state so that eventually you won’t need it. Whatever works, go with it.

2c.

Neural pathways are formed, I think or hope…

There are shortcuts but they work like drug. The more you use them, the more you need to get the effect again.

They make it easier for you to just get LD’s without the shortcuts then.

“There are shortcuts but they work like drug. The more you use them, the more you need to get the effect again.”

And how methods work do you think?:)You stop doing them,you stop lding.Maybe not that drastically but the mechanism is same.
Im really suprised how still so many people use the word “cheating” towards lds.Thats silly:)
Some of us do it for spirituall growth-fine.Some do it for occasional fun-fine as well.So whats cheating?Isnt using bwgen one?hah
I suggest you to call all people who wear glasses cheaters cuz as we all know with strong autosugesstion we can heal our eyes pretty much same or even better:)
If you riding a bike to work and your mates go there by car…are they cheaters?
Since when “natural” is opposite to cheating???Since when technology is being considdered as cheaters device?

and sadly…so far we dont have any “perfect method”:frowning: