B vitamins good for LDs?

Hi
Thank you for explaining,i think now i have an idea what it might be like.

pro:
it helps vegetarians (i am) ,it helps dreamers (i am g)

contra:
i am quite sure it tastes bad ,i don´t have a clue where to get it

Hmm,what does aussie mean? Austrian,australian,or someting like ecology fan…?

Marmite is this strange stuff the English put on their breads,right? The one that really tastes nasty if you expect to eat jam… But it doesn´t contain meat,does it?
Sometimes english can really get difficult :wink:

good night and have some interesting dreams :sleeping:
Traumgänger

What about taking Vitamin B and Calea Z???

-Marmite tastes like crap, but ya can’t beat cheese and Vegimite on toast. yum.

-Vegimite’s made from yeast extract, and doesn’t contain any meat.

-aussie = australian.

Ok, marmite is an acquired taste, but i love it. especially on toast! i just read the label ,it says:

‘the richest natural source of B vitamins’

hell yeah, i’m eating the stuff right outta the jar with a spoon! it’s very strong, but i love strong flavours!

see subject. :smile:

lol,okok,so i will look out for a glass of the wonderful magic vegimite :content:

Traumgänger

Looks very complicated stuff, this vegimite-thing. I’ll stick with my sweet B-complex-caps :wink: . This way I know for sure I have the max dose of B-vitamins while still staying under the upper tolerable intake level :cool: .

eek… I wouldnt take too much of the stuff. Your body can still have difficulty getting rid of it. Hell… if you drink enough water, fast enough, you can kill yourself. You need a lot less Vitamins to do that :smile:

I sometimes eat marmite, but can’t believe bitmap can eat it with a spoon! :panic: :panic:

Excessive amounts of b-vits can lead to nightmares, so beware!

That would be great because i almost always get lucid when i have nightmares :happy:

Yes, me too… But it’s still necessary to respect the upper tolerable intake level, so never take more than 100 mg B6/night and you’re safe. Besides nightmares you could get nerve damage if you take too much on a regular basis, and alltough this damage goes away when you stop taking too much, nerve damage isn’t very funny of course.

I just wanted to say that this is a very interesting topic

also- vegemite=yum i love strong food (alex licking vegemite :razz: )

I think i will start having it more often. i don’t think it would contian dangerous amounts of B vits.

And on the topic of nightmares-i never get any; i wish i did though so i could know if they make me lucid, so i will try eating cheese as well.

Thanks everyone for the useful info.

Vegimite is the god of all spreads! I pile it on my toast.

I never new that vitamin B helps you keep your dream vivid. That might explain my natural ability…

Warning: Non-Australians usually don’t like vegemite (how can you not like it?!?!?!?).

It’s like Norweagian goat (brown) cheese, you have to be Norweagian to like it :smile:

brown cheese teastes very good on raspberry jam :happy:

Some interesting MIS-conceptions here about vitamins. I strongly recommend everyone do some research.

From my understanding:

The body has a fairly low natural requirement for vitamins. One expert, Covert Bailey, says you get all the vitamins you need in the food you eat! And vitamins work as a team in your body. Too much A without enough B and the A goes bye-bye (or makes your liver toxic). Excess vitamins, no matter what they are (A,B,C,etc.) are eliminated by the body. It’s most easy to see too much Bs in your pee. Vitamin C is something the body either can’t produce or store (I forget which) so it requires a daily intake in some form.

One of the reasons people can take vitamins in massive doses is because vitamins in pill form will pass thru you system without being digested. The sewers are litteraly full of undigested pills. This is a varriable, some people will digest more than others. The most reliable way to get the vitamins into your system is to take a powdered form. These are available in some health food stores. If you take tablets, grind them up before you take them. And if you take capsules, open them up, take the powder, and throw the capsule away!

Vitamins can be toxic. No sense in frying your brain/liver/etc. to get an LD. Any thing done to excess is harmful, even water, as was pointed out in this thread. Don’t get lazy: research, research. You may not realize it, but nobody on this thread is a vitamin expert, even me!

And when you find something that works remember, just use it to help you build your LD experience. As the LDs increase get off the viatmins or whatever, go for the Natural High! I don’t think the world needs a bunch of Lucid Dreaming Vitamin Addicts. :panic:

Here’s some information about B6:

UPPER DAILY LIMITS:
oxygen.com/health/diet/vitam … inb6.jhtml
“For safety’s sake, the upper daily limit is set at: 30 mg (ages 1 to 3), 40 mg (ages 4 to 8 ), 60 mg (ages 9 to 13), 80 mg (ages 14 to 18 ), 100 mg (adults).”

ahealthyme.com/topic/topic100587892
"Vitamin B6 appears to be completely safe for adults at dosages up to 50 mg daily. However, at higher dosages (especially above 2 g daily) there is a very real risk of nerve damage. Nerve-related symptoms have even been reported at doses as low as 200 mg. (This is a bit ironic, given that B6 deficiency also causes nerve problems.) In some cases, very high doses of vitamin B6 can cause or worsen acne symptoms. "

chemicalbalance.com/vitamin_b_6.htm
“WARNING: Never use more than 100 milligrams of Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine) daily for long periods of time because it can cause nerve damage, headaches and loss of balance.”

ABOUT VITAMIN B AND EXCRETION IN URINE:

web.utk.edu/~utdining/vitaminb.pdf
“Vitamins are divided into two classes. Water-soluble vitamins (B and C) will dissolve in water. If we take in more water-soluble vitamins than we need, our tissues become saturated and the excess is excreted in the urine. Because there is minimal storage capacity in the body for water-soluble vitamins, they are needed in the diet every day. Deficiency symptoms may develop rapidly. Fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) are soluble in fat and fat solvents. Excesses are not excreted in the urine but stored in the body, especially the liver. Because of this storage capability, fat-soluble vitamins are not needed in the diet every day, and deficiency symptoms are slow to develop.”

So yes, Dust Mote is right (and I was wrong) about the excretion in urine, it’s the same as with vitamin C!

Hmm, maybe i should try taking 80mg per day(since im 17 :smile:) for one week and see how it works.

Btw, do you know if the daily limit 100mg (for adult) is only for i.e. B6 or ALL b-vitamins? So that can you take 100mg b6 and 100mg b12? Or just 50mg b6 and 50mg b12?

Good question. Does anybody know the answer?

Where can I find B-vitamin? I mean from food. Last night I thinked that maybe it’s the same thing if I eat B-vitamin or if I just belive that I’m eating it. So I writed B-6 and B-12 to banana (I have good ideas at night;)) and ate the banana. I didn’t saw lucid, but I saw many strange dreams. I think that when I belived that banana with B-6 and B-12 helps me to see better dreams, I saw better dreams because of it.

(I’m sorry, my english is poor…)