Something As Simple As...

A timed vibrator! Heres my idea.

Every day you would wear a very small device ( like on your belt or even just leave it in your pocket ) that would vibrate ( a short vibrate ) every like 30 minutes or so. And every time it did, you would do a reality check ( but you wouldn’t wear it at night… yet ). Now after maybe 2-4 weeks of this thing, it pretty much be a habbit of doing a reality check when you feel it vibrate right? So what I think is after a few weeks of ‘training’ you could then clip it on to whatever you sleep with at night, and set it on for ‘sleep’. What sleep would be is after 6 hours, it would start its vibrate cycle but like every 10 minutes or something ( you’d have to test to find a good time ). So after your delta sleep, you would have it go off, and being as how you are ‘trained’ to do a reality check when you feel it, you would do it in your dream and would then see that it’s a dream which could be your key to Lucid Dreaming…

What do you guys think?

that is a very good idea! If it didn’t wake you up, which I don’t think it would. Are you going to try it & tell the results, or do I have to find something that will clip onto me belt and wear it? :peek: I guess I’ll give up good looking belts for the sake of Lucidity :happy:

a beeper that vibrates would probably work i think. it would probably wake me up though so i dunno…

try it and post results :happy:

That sounds like a neat idea. I would try it, but vibration can be very easily encorporated into a dream. You’d really have to know what to look for.

Well you could change the vibration length while you’re sleeping so that it would be more noticable maybe? And I was thinking about it and it wouldn’t be every 30 minutes, it would be every 30 minutes + or - 15 so its random… the body gets tooo used to things and can ignore it. I am looking into making one myself, just not exactly sure how to get a small vibrating thing. I’ll look into it further tonight.

I have a lot of faith in external induction methods like this, and for a while I’ve been trying to find a practical device that could be used in the way described in the initial post. I had a lot of success with the watch that beeped every hour, but I really do want to try something that vibrates.

Hmm, I just had a really good idea. My mobile phone vibrates when I receive a call (or SMS), and just recently I’ve been playing around with writing software that takes advantage of free online SMS messages… I wonder why I didn’t put this together before now? I’ll just change the program to send my phone a message every couple of hours. Just need to find a way to sleep with the phone so that I can feel it vibrating, but also without destroying it.

I was going to purchase this device…

https://www.bedwettingstore.com/watch-invisibleclock.htm

Here is a page with more info on the uses for this device…

https://www.invisibleclock.com/

This is a great idea, I also had it in the back of my mind. I wanted to by a P.E.S.T. from the Lucidity Institute, but they no longer supply them.

Spatman.

I just might buy that, but first I’ll shop around for something cheaper. I read a story like that: some guy set his watch to go off every 90 minutes. He even wore it to bed, then after a week, he became lucid in his dreams everynight because of the constant RC’s.

Please if you find a vibrating alerter that has more features than this one and is cheaper post it here or start a new thread…

Spatman.

few months ago i had this idea also and talked with Dm7 about it to try it…but sofar that didnt happen yet…she has a vibration alarm now…it has only one vibration level or so…
But it is a good idea!

Jeff

Now that i think about it, i don’t think a beeper would work. You can’t exactly program one of those to go off at certain times. (I may be wrong…) Anybody know?

For most ordinary beepers, probably not. However, there may be other ways to trigger it. For example, could you get your computer to dial the beeper’s number every couple of hours? I’d wager it wouldn’t be that complicated.

Hmm, i’ve got money to waste so i’m going to try buying that little thing, thanks for the link :content: I’ll post back with results during testing and stuff. Also have to read up more on reality checks.

Jeff’s right, but my vibration clock is design to wake up the most HEAVIEST sleeper in the world so everytime I tried to do that experiment, poof! My dream disappeared and I freaked out, thinking that it was a earthquake. :bored: At least that alarm clock works too well. Ha ha ha.

I have a pager and I used to sleep with my pager on my bed so if someone messaged me during the night it would vibrate softly, just enough for me to feel it, but the problem was it has to happen at the perfect timing or otherwise I won’t either feel it or wake up. I tried it for few nights, but it wasn’t a good idea because my sleep schedule actually was messed up even more from it. :sad: Also other bad side effect was, I lose my pager every morning. I had to seek for it to find it. It wasn’t working too well either so no pager on bed from now on. :tongue:

So all I know is too heavy or too light vibration doesn’t work. And you would have to do a lot of experimenting to desperately find a perfect timing for yourself which can be difficult.

May I add something? Apparently, if I set my alarm to flash my lamp light (I used to have it at home before I got vibration clock for the apartment) around six hours later (that’s the most ‘good’ timing I could find, but I won’t say that it’s the best or perfect timing though), I remain very still and don’t move at all. I allow myself to fall asleep, ignoring that light flashing. It can be used as my guide to WILD (I did it twice… works very well). I fall asleep, waiting for my light flashing to ‘disappear’ from my sight and then I try to induce a dream world. It works very well… apparently we learn how to ignore light more easily than we do with vibration since we sleep with light sometimes. It might explain why they developed that light google thing and haven’t developed anything with vibration to alert you that you’re dreaming. I’m just making a theory here based on my experience. It might be inaccurate since I haven’t done a lot of experiments enough to make an accurate theory yet.

Please let me know if you get a chance to experiment with light to medium vibration and have some results with it (failure or successful… I want to hear it :smile: ). Okay? Good luck! Sorry for the long post. :smile:

Wasn’t there mention of vibration in ETWOLD?

ETWOLD?

I wonder if a vibrating cell phone will work? Hmmm, maybe not long enough of a vibration or something. But Ill give it a try tonight.

It would take training for it to work… I mean you would have to train your body to connect vibration to reality check. Still waiting for my invisibleclock :grin:

Yup, but they didn’t look into areas like that as much as they did light, probably because of the logistics of it. You can fit a light in a tiny mask, but something that vibrates takes up more space, and can get lost in your bedsheets like DM7 said.

Atheist you tried your vibration phone so far?

mmm maybe a strap on lol to connect phone around your wrist?
I try it tonight lol

Jeff