Is it just me or does dream recall and LDs come in waves?

I noticed while looking back on my dream journal that my dream recall goes through droughts, then progressively rises back up to lots of lengthy vivid dreams. Usually during the days of high recall I would have a few short LDs for a few nights(still haven’t had one more than a minute though :sad: .) Then my dream recall begins to go through a small drought again then goes through the same cycle. It seems that most of my vivid dreams and short LDs were all grouped up within several nights in a row.

Does anyone else dream like this? I noticed this cycle takes place roughly over a month give or take several days. Perhaps the my( or everyone’s) dreams are linked to the lunar cycle :eek: . Maybe we have more lucid dreams during the full or new moon. Who knows :confused: . The weirdest part is how my dreaming patterns match my nickname :happy: . Maybe its some subconcious association I made with dreaming upon finding this website.

Actually, Trancewave, you might be on to something. I’ve noticed a dramatic increase in my dream recall within the past week. One night I remembered six lengthy and vivid dreams. Last night I couldn’t remember that much even though I’ve been getting the same amount of sleep each night.

I noticed this long ago but I have never been able to find a cause or explanation for it. :confused:

I don’t have that for my ND … I haven’t had an LD yet hehe.

I’m on my “up” wave currently. Whenever I try harder, I get more LDs, but then I lose effort again. Eheh. But the funny thing was that for the past few months all my LDs have been concentrated in a period of three days for the entire month. So October 1st 2nd and 3rd I had 5 lds… that was it for the month… and it was so for the others. I’ve got no explanation for that. It really sucks, but I’m sure it’s nothing that can’t be changed with effort.

Same here. I’ll get several in a row and none for a few weeks. But I think I know why it is so for me. The main LD trigger for me is the WBTB method and whenever I do this I LD. If I don’t WBTB then I don’t LD as often.