First Lucid experience

Well hello everyone. I am new to this forum and this looks like a really cool place. My gf found it and she has been posting for awhile so I decided to join in.
I just wanted to relate my first lucid experience. I have had 2 LD’s, but only the first lasted long enough for me to actually move around in the dream.
Anyway let’s see I started feeling really weird in my dream. I was hanging out with some friends and I started feeling all disoriented like I was really high or something. I didn’t understand why I felt this way at first, but then I realised that I had eaten some type of psychedelic like acid or mushrooms. I starting to get this crazy intense balloon like feeling in my head and I felt so high and felt like I was getting higher every second. I then realised I hadn’t taken any psychedelics at all it just felt like I had. Then in an instant I thought wait I’m not high, I AM DREAMING! When I realised this the crazy high like feeling stabilised and I felt clear and in control for the most part. Although I still felt like I was on a psychedelic just not out of control on one. I got all excited, but tried to stay calm cause I wanted to explore. During this whole realisation everyone around me disappeared and I don’t remember what scene I was in, but when as I became lucid a park like forest appeared in front me. First I started waving my arms around looking at my hands. I was so excited I wanted to feel what it felt like to move in my dream body. I kept waving my arms around and thinking wow this is not my physical body, but I am still in some kind of body. I could feel my arms cutting through the air it was so weird. I said to myself that I wanted to remember this when I woke up and that I would wake up my girlfriend and tell her too. Then the whole scene started flowing towards me. As I walked I felt like everything was being sucked towards me. I glided more than walked and I started seeing all these people gliding by along the park paths. Once I noticed them I wanted to look at them closely because I was excited about encountering people in my dream. But as I got closer I realised they were like zombies and looked like they were sleepwalking around. They looked like they were really drunk or something, but they were all flowing in one direction which was in the opposite I was going. They started all coming towards me and I started freaking. They would come right at me and attach themselves to me like they were trying to hug me and I felt weaker everytime another one latched on to me. I was trying to shake em off and I remember at one point I was covered in them. I almost lost lucidity during this, but then a weird thing happened. They kind of dissipated from around me and I saw one coming at me really fast. At first I thought it was another zombie freak, but then as he came close I realised he was clear and happy. He zoomed past me and as he did he said when they come at me like that I thrust my arm out in front of me and yell NO. He demonstrated this as he said it. I realised that was a good idea and as he faded out he said yeah that’s it. Then he winked and pointed at me. All this as he was zooming past me. Crazy huh? Maybe that was one of you guys out there!
So then I decided I would try and yell because I realised I hadn’t said anything yet I was just thinking things. So I tried to yell, but my voice wouldn’t work. I felt all weak and helpless and kept trying to make a noise any noise. I managed a couple weak little croaks, but I couldn’t speak or yell. It was frustrating. After that I woke up.
If you read all this thanks for the interest.

Wow! that is really cool! i’m happy for you.

welcome to the forum

wow! thats awsom! I remember my first LD i wanted to encounter some DCs too! Im surprised you didnt try and fly! almost every1s first LD the ytry and fly

CONGRATES! KUDOS TO YA! :bounce:

I definately reccomend flying. Its my fav.

When I was four or five years old, I used to get nightmares all the time. Over time, the nightmares started to become Dream Signs and I started becoming lucid in all my nightmares. It never occurred to me that I could control the dream. I always ran away from the monsters, hid in a corner and shut my eyes tight. When I opened them, I woke up.

When I was around 6 or 7, I stopped having nightmares. When I saw a monster I would make fun of it, because it was just a dream (that really ticked them off). I started flying a lot in my LD’s, which usually took place at home or at school.

I had LD’s on and off for many years, but I never gave them that much thought. Back in January of 2002, I decided to start recording them and to try and have more LD’s.