Wiccan Thoughts....Please join in

:angel_fly: Hello. I am just wondering how many of you like Wicca…me? I love it. Share your thoughts on it here! :cool: :content:

I think my main objection to Wiccanism is the name “Wicca.” People always seem to think that it’s some ancient tradition. It’s not. Wicca was created in 1959.

Witchcraft itself, of course, is much older. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view, of course) witchcraft doesn’t exist in the same way that it once did. The original, rather pagan views have been replaced by modern mysticisms and new age beliefs.

I don’t think it’s truely possible to be a witch in this modern world.

That is a really good view on it…Ive thought about that a lot…How excactly can it be such an ancient tradition art when it was only just created…? Its really weird. But, there isnt much I can do about it, and I still enjoy the occasional ritual no matter how “modernized” and all it is…
but yeah, I agree that it should have stayed the way it was if it is supposed to be so traditional and all…
well, yeah.
bye from Michelle

Is there really much to it apart from the witchcraft? I mean is it a proper religion, or is it pretty much just an excuse to do witchcraft?

“Excuse”? What exactly do you mean?
I suppose if you think that if you would label Paganism as a “proper religion,” you would pretty much have to label witches as being part of that religion.

Um, I don’t know quite how to explain it, look it up in a dictionary? Is english not your first language?

No, I’m rather familiar with English actually. Familiar enough to see the implication associated with the word “excuse.” Why would you need an “excuse” to do witchcraft?

Oh, lol, sorry… What I mean is that when people people do witchcraft its quite often labelled as bad & evil and stuff like that, so then if you’re Wiccan you could say, ‘but its part of my religion’. Or something like that anyway…

I have a book about the Wiccan religion. I used to be interested but not anymore. Never got into it. It is a ‘real’ religion and I don’t know what you mean about it being new in 1950whatever cause it’s not a new religion. But then again any religion isn’t really new. It’s just like any other religion with it’s own little twists and quirks and way of doing things. I lent the book to my friend cause she wants to get into it. Not really sure how’s she doin with it. Good i think but if I remember I’ll show her this thread.

I don’t see why witchcraft would be any more “evil” than any other religion; the concept of evil is not an objective one.

The word “wicca” was coined in 1959, along with a revival of witchcraft. The problem is, when something such as a religion remains virtually dormant for hundreds of years, the original meanings are gone forever.