MILD at Midnight?

I’ve always heard that most of your REM occurs during your last one or two hours of sleep, and that almost all of your LD’s will occur during these last few hours. REM is very brief at the beginning when you first go to sleep, and gets longer toward the end.

With this in mind, would there be a point to trying LD inducing techniques when you first go to bed? Does anyone regularly have LD’s immediately after going to sleep? If not, are MILD and WILD only practical if you happen to wake up in the middle of the night after sleeping several hours?

They tend to be more practical if you wake up in the middle of the night. I have occasionally had LD’s at the beginning of the night but the REM periods at that time make for ridiculously short LD’s. ALso WILD doesn’t really work at the beggining of the night and may be immpossible for all we know because of Delta sleep. >:

I always do MILD at the beginning of the night and it usually comes into play two to three REM periods later and more repetition of MILD later in the night usually lets me have LD’s at will. Also if I want a slighty dereased odds of LD in favor of a much more lucid one I use WILD.

MILD is to be done before sleep.It is said to be actually done through your whole day and especially before you go to sleep.In general MILD is everything you do in connection with lds.
So there is a point.
Additionally you never really know what time your ld may start…i.e if you`re in some sleep debt your REM might hit right away when u fall asleep.Some dreams takes place in non rem periods.
Considering it all- be prepared:)
and good luck:)

:universe:

For my only LD so far, I went asleep at about 11:15pm, using MILD as well. I woke up at 7:15 (had no memory of dreams), then, went back asleep without MILD almost immediately, and had about 3 different dream scenarios, before being woken up agin at 7:45. So in that short space of half an hour I got more dreams than in the rest of the night!