Flight

Has anyone else succeeded in flying, then been afraid of being up so high? Just this morning, I had the first lucid dream where I did anything significant. I was walking around some building, and i noticed a guy with a gun chasing me. He shot at me once and missed. Somehow I had known I was draeming the whole time, yet it never really hit me. Until now I guess, I decided to try to jump on top of the building (which was like 30 feet high). I could tell already iwas not in the right direction to make it, but I jumped anyway, and went way up in the air. I floated up a little further, and realized how HIGH I was. I was freaking out, being that high with nothing below me. I looked down, planning on going back to the ground, but there was the man with the gun. So, I remembered hearing about an out of body experience method where you fly up as hard/fast as you can and imagine flying out of your body or something. I haven’t had any particular interest in OOBE, but when I get lucid I try nto to think to much, so I jsut did something related to lucidity. Well, I flew up, and got going so fast that stars were flying past me like on that starfield screensaver. But there was still blue sky around them. They were going faster and faster, and eventually started twisting and turning for a few seconds, then I woke up. This was one of the most intense experiences I’ve ever had, I hope I can make something simlar happen again. Anyway, just thought I’d share that, see if anyone had similar experiences etc.

yeah actually. sometimes i’ll be scared of heights in dreams (which is kinda weird, cause i’m not scared of heights IRL, scared of falling… yes)

but it’s kind of inconsistant cause sometimes i can fly pretty high and other times i’ll be scared to go over 20 feet from the ground shrug

i think i only get scared of being up high when i start to think that my flight ability will suddenly leave me, so i guess staying confident is the best course of action

Yes for me confidence is definatly the key.

Hmm, no, I only got scared when I wanted to fly up to the stars, since I thought I might burn in them :wink:

tapir

I’ve been flying for years, but never got afraid of being too high. When I was younger my fear was actually not being able to get off the ground, or being too close to the ground so someone could come along and pull me back down to the earth. I tend not to fly that high though, because usually I fly when I’m indoors.

Why indoors, that seem slike it would be semi-boring and a serious lack of space

I often flew in dreams where I became lucid indoors. I became lucid inside my school a lot, and it was a two-story building. Also, I became lucid a lot in a dream-version of a mall. The other common place for me to become lucid is my house, but I usually didn’t fly in there.