1 week till I HACK MY BRAIN.

ok im sure there some weird way to do it but what do you guys have planned. just by talking to a dream character and telling him your demands…unless theres some other method i dont see how talking to something in a dream could change anything in your mind, wouldnt there be a more effect way in waking life?

it’s not “just” a dream character. its your sub-concious is human DC form, if you can make sure it is actually them.

i’m also very interesting in this and was actually planning on doing something similar to what Pedro is planning. its true that humans only use about 15% of their brains, so why not ask your brain or subconcious how you can use the rest of it? that may not work but you don’t know until you try.

Hacking the subconcious? :bored: . Sounds like .hack//Infection or something, and before you know it someones gonna comatose :wink: j/k

/me Data Drains Pedro :tongue:

And btw, about the 15% of the brain. That mainly refers to the fact that everyone specializes in different areas. Some people are good at art, some may have good body coordination, or maybe some people write music. These are all different areas of the brain being utilized, but no human is perfectly coordinated at everything. So thats why each individual only uses a small portoin of their brain. If you combined the entire human race together, we have probably discovered a much larger portion than you think.

personally i think to stop fears or have more ld’s then your basically gonna have to change brain chemistry. Horrifying events are known to do this and also really happy and spiritual events can do this as well and i think through lucid dreams you could do this as well. You just need to plan well.

A bad trip on psychedic drugs diminished some fears i had. But then again they could also create new fears. I think this goes for lucid dreaming as well.

The 10 percent myth!

"Brain imaging research techniques such as PET scans (positron emission tomography) and fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) clearly show that the vast majority of the brain does not lie fallow. Indeed, although certain minor functions may use only a small part of the brain at one time, any sufficiently complex set of activities or thought patterns will indeed use many parts of the brain. Just as people don’t use all of their muscle groups at one time, they also don’t use all of their brain at once. For any given activity, such as eating, watching television, making love, or reading, you may use a few specific parts of your brain. Over the course of a whole day, however, just about all of the brain is used at one time or another. "
A good debunking read.

you don’t have to be dreaming to do it…

for all you spiritual lucid dreamers out there. TAKE MUSHROOMS OR ACID!!! (LSD)… it’s like going into a lucid dream. You don’t have to be in any kind of state to change yourself. Remember that you are yourself even when you sleep… Changing your subconcious in your dreams is ridiculous.

Do it when you are awake if you dare! I dare you to do it awake!

as said by many and me: “wake up in your own reality, and create a new self”.

THAT"S what going on… The dreams are only means to understand ourselves… The reality we place in it, defines our life…

Was that me Tomas? I think I told you that in the chat.

Anyhow, modifying the ‘subconscious’ has never really been done. Self hypnosis and ‘suggestion’ can be called modifiers but in the end they are natural ways of learning new behavior.

I always thought I could modify the unconscious successfully one day but then I heard of people staying conscious into the deepest forms of sleep (the deepest being basically like being trapped in darkness). If there is no connection to the subconscious in these states then how are you supposed to modify it in REM sleep?

Adding new memories sounds a lot flashier than it is. Think of it as having a Déjà vu in the dream, then following a series of simple steps (that I will not elaborate on in this post).

I’m back by the way, I have something interesting to share for once, going to post a topic about it soon.

Ok…

Steff: Whoah whoah whaoh I aint talking to any dream character! Dream characters are just people thought up by your sub-conscious…even if they tell you that they are your spirit guide or whatever. Don’t believe in any of that at all.

Artie J: I don’t believe in any of the spiritual stuff floating around this forum. Shared dreaming and other things…nonsense. I do not know if anything will work except playing with memories but there is only one way to find out!

Infection0: Yeah we can’t do some stuff for sure…but that’s because it’s our sub-conscious’s job!!! Maybe some stuff is possible…and maybe most of it isn’t…who knows.

Bigjedman: NO NO NO! Promise me that if somehow in your life you get the choice to control the rest of your brain you will say NO! Lol. If you controlled the rest you would have to consciously remind yourself to breathe and to keep your heart going and to control your immune system!!! Consciously we control our arms…and legs. SUB-CONSCIOUSLY we control say umm…the muscles that are used when swallowing! We would have to consciously control these mucles like they were extra parts of our bodies and we’d have to learn to use them to. It is a very good thing we get to use little of our brain and that a lot of it is on auto-pilot!

Ureon: Fair enough but I think I’ve managed to create some freak amazing memory then! It was extrememly strange and made perfect sense with perfect realism except I wasn’t sure what happened directly before or after the memory (obviously). Until I had proof of what I’d done and then everything was lost.

Oh well. THANKS HOBBES! I need more suggestions like that…except I can’t use them coz I don’t have any true fears. I could try deleting something like the fear of hitting something hard lol. A natural human fear! Except that doesn’t mean I’d run into walls and stuff coz I’d still be able to rationalize properly! Don’t think thats possible anyway seeing that its a natural thing to not want to be hurt…

You don’t explain at all why spiritual stuff is “nonsense”. It is perfectly reasonable to think shared dreams are sometimes “real”, precog dreams are sometimes real, etc. There are not always reasonable psychological explanations for why these happen or why some people think they happen.

I’m sorry r3m0t, I take it back then! I didn’t mean to say spiritual stuff is nonsense! Didn’t mean it at all. I do believe with all my heart that shared dreaming is nonsense though! And any characters in your dreams are always created by yourself…whether it be your conscious or sub-conscious! I believe in a lot of spiritual stuff…just not those ones. Sorry for any confusion!

Plus I am VERY open minded. I personally feel these things are nonsense but I will believe otherwise if someone shows me good reason!

I don’t get how this false memory thing worked. It is possible, just by describing in great detail something which didn’t happen, to make people actually have false memories and they might then vehemently tell everybody everything that happened when they went to visit Disneyland/Alton Towers/New York/Oxford…

That would be extrememly difficult as we take so much in…a whole trip to disneyland would be impossible. I gave myself the false memory that I was in a room the day before. A room I’d never seen before. I made it extremely detailed and knew what I did in the room. When I woke up I had that memory, I knew that at some point the day before I had really been in that room. It started getting weird when I tried to think about what happened before or after I entered the room (coz obviously I never really entered any room). Another hard one to explain, sorry! You need to be extrememly lucid to do this as it involves playing with your sub-consicous…not a novice skill methinks!

On the otherhand it aint that great anyway, it’s pointless and you can be doing much better things with your lucid time! :smile:

Are you saying that as a young child your memories were never swayed by a sibling’s sly persuading? :content:

HAHA yeah I know where your coming from! But nah it’s slightly different.

What I did was create a totally new real memory. Or even edit one. Whatever.

What your saying is different. Your sibling doesn’t persuade you to have a different memory and they don’t even change anything in your dream… but they change “why’s” and “how’s”. If something happened and you know it did then you will always know that no matter what anyone says. But if they are forceful then they may make you see those memories in a different way. They don’t change the memory itself but they can make you believe that certain things in the memory happened for different reasons and so on… ARGH why can’t you ask anything simple lol. Considering you don’t have much LD experience you are going very deep! I’m sure you will be extremely successful in your LDing days!

The thing is, did you really forget that you were planning a certain memory? The only way to check is to ask yourself “did I forget that…” but then you have the problem of the question bringing back the memory! Of course, bypassing this involves asking yourself, “did I forget that I was planning to ask myself two memory questions one of which happened…” etc. Basically the uncertanity-principle sort of logic applies here, even though this isn’t quantum :wink:.

Your making very good points!

This memory thing is getting me bored and I don’t want to continue on this subject coz this thread is for ideas for me to try when doing my experiment!

So we’ll leave it at the fact that I am sure I did it but there is no proof as it may have been an experience that seemed like a false memory but was really something else.

Don’t worry, my points have completely run out. All you need is a rebuttal for the last one and I’ll stop. Otherwise, I win against your instincts :wink:

After all this I can barely wait to start LD! Grr…

Perhaps you can try making your blind spot appear as black instead of using the remarkably good predictive/analytical powers of your brain to fill it in. Of course, you can’t prove it to anybody else, but you can prove it to yourself. However you can’t really know whether it worked until you wake up (for the same reason as why the nose-seeing RC works) and I seriously doubt this could happen.

I think the foetus might spend a lot of time sleeping - I read that somewhere - it’s certainly a good way for the brain to ‘figure out’ perspective and therefore blind spots :wink:

yarr, I’m still waiting for results and a description of how they did it! I was planning on talking to DCs, but perhaps you guys have a better method. I’mma lookin!

I don’t know how far you are into lucid dreaming, but here’s what I’ve gathered from my experience. The expression “just a dream” is equivalent to saying “just a phenomenon”. Its an oxymoron that has been generally accepted as fact in our society.

To me, lucid dreaming seems the most reliable way of controlling your brain and delving into the unconscious. I’ve been talking with a friend about meditation, and while I am very interested in that as well, it seems to be the opposite of lucid dreaming. In some forms of meditation, you are supposed to let go and lose all control, where as in the best forms of lucid dreaming you have near total control.

Talking about going in an “editing” the mind may be a little far fetched --the brain does not work like a computer, although comparisons are constantly made-- however, its been shown before that changes ARE very possible, and while it may not be as simple as point and click, I am sure you could go in there and drop some stuff in the mind and scurry out without anyone noticing.

Be careful though, this is your brain we’re talking about. I personally would not go making “demands” for anything. Persuasion seems to be more powerful than force up there.

• feed_my_BRAIN