I just can't get lucid...

I’m going crazy with this.

I do pretty well at letting myself realize that I’m dreaming. I can hint myself with reality checks, odd scenarios, etc… That’s not the problem.

I just can’t go lucid. I know in the dream, “oh, this is what I’ve been wanting to happen”, but then I just don’t do anything with it.

It’s like being woken up in the middle of your sleep to solve a calculus problem within 10 seconds. My brain just can’t do whatever it needs to do before I slip out of the realization.

Every time I realize I’m dreaming I just feel incredibly drowsy (probably because I’m dreaming :tongue: ) and can’t go lucid because I just don’t know how! What do I do?!

You just keep practicing,in time it gets better.Actually it goes up and down.You might want to check thread “Levels of lucidity”:slight_smile:
good luck

It helps to have a plan already made up for when you realize you’re dreaming. Often the first few minutes of lucidity will be mostly hazy and confusing (just like the first few minutes of waking up in the morning), so you’re not expected to be able to function perfectly straight away. This is why you should have a plan ready. For example, when I find myself lucid in a dream, the first thing I do automatically is stop, stand still, look around, and say to myself “Hey, I’m dreaming”. I do this every time, without fail. After a few seconds, when I’ve got a better hold on what’s happening, I can start to think about what I’d like to do. Usually I do a few little exercises to enhance the vividness, and control, and then I’m off to relieve some frustration on the local populous.

Jack, where is this “Levels of Lucidity” thread? I could not find it…

Atheist, I think that’s pretty good advice. I really need to get this more organized. For one, I need to use my dream journal EVERY night, that helps more than anything else that I’ve done as far as dream recall goes.

Last night I was thinking that if I realized that I was dreaming I would try to sit down and concentrate, thinking about “where I am” when I realize that I’m dreaming. I’m trying to drill this into my head so that I don’t mess it up when the time comes. Unfortunately last night I didn’t have a chance, oh well!

Use this link
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … sc&start=0

Yeah im sorry,and thx Moogle.
Im not very good in remembering where i saw particular thread:(

Thanks guys! :wink: