Yes! My first lucid dream!!!

Hi, everybody!

Last morning I finally suceeded getting a LD. After a few months trying, with only two partial sucesses, this time it really happened. :tongue:

First, it was just an ordinary dream, in which I was at a train station here in Brazil, and a kind of expo was going on. A friend of mine was there, and was making fun about the artist, which gone so mad that called him mentally ill, and said that such people would never again be allowed in her show. I got very angry about her calling my friend mentally ill, that I Said “You do not know what you’re losing”. Then I turned my back on her and went down some stairways, But I knew she was watching me, so I decided to do something bold, and started to fly over the stairs, as sometimes happens in my dreams.
When I realized I was flying, The magic Happened: I asked myself: “I must be dreaming!” .I looked for my hands and thought “Yes, I’m dreaming”. I suddenly got very anxious, but remembered the advice to look at hands to stay calm. I worried a lot about remembering the experience, so I put my internal dialogue to work at full power, and decided to fly more effectively. Right away I could feel my body going up and up in the sky, and I was at an old colonial town in another state of Brazil. it was almost night, and I assumed a superman-like position to fly more comfortably. Then I saw a church tower standing right in front of me, and was afraid of hitting it, but remembered " I can get thru walls, too", The tower got nearer and nearer, and I finally crossed it, with a scream of fear. I looked inside the church for a moment and then passed thru the other wall. I was really frightened and upset and tried to find my hands again, but this time the image was blurred, and everything got dark, and then I woke up.
Although it wasn’t a most fantastic dream, I am reaaaly happy I finally got it! :grin:

I do some RC a few times a day, and tihs morning I woke up to help my girl friend go to work, and went back to bed after 20 minutes. It took some time till I could fall asleep again, so I started thinking about LD.
Think it was kind of WBTB, right?

I have a final question: Does my internal dialogue helped or buzzed me?

Thank you all for helping me achieve it! This forum is great!
Light and peace for everybody!

oh, yes. definitely WBTB.

it usually helps, especially if you make some affirmations to yourself (“i am dreaming, I am dreaming, I can do whatever I want…”) and you can speak them out loud if you like. Speaking out loud can be better because you can hear it, it takes the focus away from your body (i find if I focus too much on my body I “let go” of my surroundings and can end the dream prematurely, so I find it best to stay an active participant in the dream…) and you can stimulate your senses too!

See ya around and good luck…

Congrats man! Nice work. Isn’t that the most fantastic feeling, not only the flying, but that awareness?!?

Not only internal dialogue but actually yelling out commands. My first time ever lucid i yelled out, “increase lucidity now!” and by God it worked.
My voice was kinda raspy though

In my opinion, you should be careful not to overdo that internal dialouge thing. If you focus too much inwards on your own thoughts, your dream will become unstable and you risk waking up. However, if you focus too much outwards and just go with the flow, you might forget that you are dreaming and lose lucidity.

And good luck with that LDing.

Yes, it is really wonderful, and most of all, when you notice it is all true and is happening to you. At least for me, it’s like a confirmation off another real world, like a gate to another dimension…

about yelling my internal dialogue, I guess you’re all right. when the lucidity began, i talked to myself, and the hearing of my voice was really making me more lucid. when I was about to pass thru the wall I got shut, and lost some of it.

Can’t wait for it to happen again. I guess every time it will be better .
I just can’t stop thinking about it!

Thank you all again!
[/quote]

COngratulations man!