Why?

As a good portion of you already know I am a natural LDer. The question has arisen many times before, but now it’s actually debatable: Why is the desire to LD so great? I’ve done it all my life. I mean, hell yeah it fun as crap, but so is video games, wrestling, sex, must I go on? Why is it LDing has captured our desire to such an extent?

I mainly use LD to fixiate my character's personalities more so to make them more realistic. So what's the fuss all about? Hope I get some good responses from this one it's been bugging me for a while.

Because you can only wrestle if you train, and has a big body plus it can be dangerous, and you cannot pull up a bazooka and blow the opponent into bits :devil:
Sex can also be hard to obtain for some, and you can have all the partners you want :cool_laugh:

Like ulrik_tk said: In life there are limits, but in dreams you define the limits.

Well, let’s use reverse phycology(name I can’t spell) If in life there are limits(which there are) Then wouldn’t life in RL be more of a challenge than life in an LD? Wouldn’t the fact that you can do anything you want in an LD make it boring? Sex in an LD: you control the partner. Sex in RL: you can’t control the partner. That makes it more exciting and interesting. I 'm getting ganged up on some out there has to share my opinion :crying:

First of all i dont see any sense in that reverse thingo.Would you agree to be hold in deep dark hole just to appreciate sun more?or u just prefere to go and sit on under the sun?Or…would you like someone to dig in your teeth so you know how wonderfull is life without toothache?
Then you mention challenge.For some people sure challenge is needed to feel good.But thing is-we have so much challenge in RL that we soooooooo fed up with it that we dont want it in our dreams.

“Wouldn’t the fact that you can do anything you want in an LD make it boring?”- if living out your deepest fantasiest is boring for someone than i guess all he needs is to die:)

" Sex in an LD: you control the partner. Sex in RL: you can’t control the partner."- this sentence is wrong all the way.On many occasions its even completely opposite:)

Zaerus-i see what you are saying and i appreciate your will to dig the problems we all struggle with here.Ive read it in other posts and believe me-i appreciate it a lot.But above post is a deadend street.Hope i didnt sound arguing.
And to “why desire is so great” question,i find it simple- because not only you can do whatever you wish for…but there are no consequences,no punishment, no nothing.You are what you create.You`re God.Tempting huh?:):):slight_smile:

Simply because you can do anything you want, with no limits.

I must say I feel baffled whenever someone isnt fascinated and intrigued by the idea. Usually they have not done it, or are ‘naturals’ who, I suspect, either have not experienced ‘high’ lucidity or…well, or they just see it as normal.

Still, I guess maybe having access to a utopian fantasy world where flight is accompanied by a rush of euphoria isnt for everyone… :tongue:

PS To the initial poster: have you mastered WILD/OoBE?

Hi
I don´t LD to have sex, or for fighting or other stuff.This stuff is fun, and if i have the time i will enjoy it, but that isn´t the reason why i try to become lucid.I don´t want to recreate this world, i want another world.I think this is similiar to the desire of all the role-game-players or drug-users out there.LDing is just one of many ways,one door to go through.
I don´t really know WHY i want to search for other worlds, perhaps i don´t get along with “reality” (as many people say of the drug-users), perhaps i am searching for some sense in my life,or i am just courios.
I don´t have full control in my dreams, and i don´t want it.I like to see myself as a traveller in a strange world (my own mind,or perhaps something else)
Brake on through,to the other side…

Why do I want to lucid dream?
Because it gives me such a great feeling at the time and for days after. It is a feeling of total freedom from the normal limitations of my body and I can express myself fully without anything holding me back - not something which I can do in everyday life.

Why I want to remember my dreams and become Lucid;
I want to explore my mind or the other dimension or whatever it is.
And I also want to know if it is my own mind or another dimension
I’m just fascinated by other realities than reality.

I’m trying to open my third eye :alien:

Okay, I admit defeat. As a final note, I have mastered OOBE, but I have no clue what WILD is. Good luck to you all and I hope you find whatever it is you seek