The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic VIII

Hi, I’m another newbie. I’ve only recently become interested in lucid dreaming after having my first lucid dream last month. It was a really incredible moment to be physically standing somewhere in a totally vivid 3D environment but to know that I wasn’t really there, and that is what got me interested in the subject of lucid dreaming and made me look it up on the net. Since then, I’ve had more lucid dreams but, although in my very first one, I managed to make a change to the course of the dream at one point, that is something that I have frequently struggled with in other dreams - I’ve tried magic that hasn’t worked or I’ve tried to make changes (perhaps too major ones?) and it has resulted in me ‘losing’ the dream (it goes less vivid/disappears). At the moment, I’m not doing anything to actively try to induce lucid dreams - I’m mainly hoping to learn how best to handle them when I get them!

A warm hello to losvedir, phil and Rachel. You will get a lot of advice and support from this forum.
I wish you all lucid dreams, as I’m off to dreamland now. :smile:
:dream:

T H E __ E C O N O M I C __ W E L C O M E

shiver_farte,free-fall,natethepunk2003,spazm,Bahamut,Fruitburst
,Julian,Onagar,Deev,Chief Loki,busy,meeshimee,Area60,MarshmallowGuy,
losvedir,phil,and Rachel.

I wish… you all a very nice, LONG STAY HERE at LD4all and I hope you will find SUPPORT from THE SITE. We will ENJOY having your company as you strive for your LUCID DREAMS.

HAVE FUN.
g’night.

p.s. if I missed you, oh, cry me a river. :puh:

EDIT: uh… just kidding… ehehehh…

Posts saved: alot :thumbs:

Hello, new here. I’ve been into lucid dreaming on and off for a few months now, but I’ve recently become more interested in it. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn from the people here. :smile:

Hellllooo Stoner. Good luck t’ya. Yall youngins ask questions, hear?
Sorry, it’s charlottedreamer’s fault. Hope you improve!

So arrives another newbie…sup y’all? :razz: I’m 15 and I don’t think I’ve ever had a lucid dream, though I’ve had dreams that seem incredibly real. I’ve always been fascinated with dreams and the idea of lucid dreaming. Here starts my quest for an LD! ^^

As for all that ‘about me’ stuff, em… I love music; my favourite band of all time is U2. I’m also an avid fan of anime and manga (woohoo for otaku!) I like to spell things the British way, 'cause it’s cooler nods And that’s all you need to know! [/i]

Hello Striddy, I think infectionO has gone missing again.
Since you like british spelling…
I hope you enjoy using the colourful smilies, you will soon find your favourite parts of the forum. :tongue:
Have fun browsing and don’t forget all the sticky topics. Don’t forget there is also the new wiki which I must confess I haven’t looked at yet. :peek:

I hope you have your first Lucid Dream soon. :dream:

Also, hello :wave: to all the new members that infectionO has welcomed. :content:

I’m sort of new, but sort of older than most of you. Sort of. I posted on this forum a couple of years ago when the address for this site was come.to/lucid I got busy with school, though, and sort of stopped trying to LD, even though I’ve had some success. Recently, I had my first WILD, and it was pretty unintentional. That, combined with yesterday’s viewing of Waking Life, made me remember how important all this seemed back then. And I remember how very much I loved it when I did have those successful attempts. So I’ll be reading and posting here something like daily. I think. Dunno. I’m a college student. Lots of homework.

I’m “new” to lucid dreaming concious activiation but I seem to have a firm grip on it. It’s simply amazing though. They usually last for about 15 min. in real time for me. I usually just hover there waiting to see how long it will last or take a walk. I know it sounds like a silly use of infinite possiblities but I want to learn to master this, whatever it is, before I indulge in it. I have two huge questions that is the reason I’m talking on this forum.

1. Is it possible to live in the lucid reality more then this one without the help of exhaustion and sleep. Is it possible to induce this within an half hour time and remain their indefinitely? For those master of lucid dreaming, I pose this question. Can it or has it been done.
  2. What the hell is that tingling sensation that follows you around all day long. I’m not complaining but it is the weirdest thing. If anyone has a biological answer for that even an endocrine system/complex answer, I’d love to hear it.
    ----I also would like to know if anyone else craves sugar after having a lucid dream or any type of sleep. You wake up and just have a dire need for something candy like. ex. Kudos.
    thanks to anyone who helps out.

I’d like to hear your questions answered, also.

Anyway, I’m new to the lucid dreaming schtick too. I’ll just be browsing the forum for my time here. I figure everything I need to question has already been answered.

Praise me for my decency. :tongue:

Lucid Dreaming takes place during the REM sleep cycle, becuse this is the only time that your sensory perception can be effectively ‘tricked’ into receiving stimulus directly from the imagination, rather than from the real world. To answer your question, yes, I believe it is possble for a practised individual to directly enter REM sleep at will, and remain there for a time beyond what would otherwise be the biological limit before moving on the a subsequent sleep cycle. A deep trance meditaion can help to lower your brain’s frequency down to the theta range, from where it’s not impossible to consciously fall asleep, and initiate an immediate lucid dream.

Are you referring to while you’re awake, or inside the dream? I can’t say I quite understand what you mean. Has someone else experienced this and can help explain it?

I can’t say I’m prone to waking from an LD with the desire to eat sugar, but I can speculate on why you might. Perhaps your body is in need of energy for some reason, or at least feels as though it is? Again, has anyone else experienced something like this?

Anyway, welcome to the forum, redleafbroken. If you have any other questions on the topic, feel free to post them in the “Intro” or “Quest for Lucidity” forums. I hope you enjoy your stay. :smile:

It seems that Atheist was so busy answering redleafbroken’s questions that he forgot to say hello to nerdcore and TheDerf too.

So I wish you all a warm welcome and if you want any inspiration for your lucid dreaming. Atheist’s Dream Journal is a great source! You can find it here, just click the link.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/atheists-dream-journal/5853

Just saying what’s up. New to the forum, obviously. Just saying what’s up. If I have any questions, I’ll post them, but for now, I’ll just explore around the forum for questions I might have, will have, etc… peace.

Hey just a friendly hello to try and get to know some of you. Bit about myself, I am very very open minded and have had ld experiences in the past but didnt know I was having them if that makes sense :wink:

Hello ion and Genericman. You will find plenty of interesting posts to read :look: in this forum and I hope you will become active posters here. :user:
Have fun and great LDs! :dream:

Hi Genericman Ion Nerdccore TheDerf Redleafbroken all welcome!

Enjoy this forum and its members :happy:

Mmm Redleafbroken or you got a very unhealthy bloodcirculation or u are experiencing light trance effects!

Greetz,
Jeff

Welcome Meatloaf, hope u have a many dreams while staying here at the forum! Welcome!

Happy dreams!

Jeff

Welcome Meatloaf, GenericMan, ion, TheDerf, redleafbroken, nerdcore, Striddy… Ok I really need to come here more often! I’m way behind welcoming people!
Anyway! Hope you all find answers to your LDing Questions in this forum, and have fun while you’re at it!
Good luck achieving Lucidity!!!
-Charlotte

Greetings,

I wondered about LD4all after seeing it so many times at Sea Life. Then I met Q over there. I had to come and check it out a few days ago. I read a few posts and some of the excellent dreaming information here and never took time to come back.

Last night I dreamed I was looking at the LD4all forum and trying to read the little Are You Dreaming thingie that changes. There were lots of people here and they wouldn’t let me look at it long enough to see if it changed, so it always said Are You Dreaming every time I looked at it. I was trying to find a post by a person on here who has an avatar like a hand on top of many beautiful colors and I was trying to talk to Q. I got frustrated in the dream and woke up.

My dreams led me to Sea Life for information about my dreams of the 13 moon calendar. Now I suppose I’m going at it backwards and learning about dreams themselves. I am supposed to be here for some reason. I can’t wait to see what it is! :cool:

Love

Hi Greeneyes lol i seen you at Sealife indeed :smile:

Welcome!
Its a silly question, but ehm u got green eyes yourself?

ok happy dreams on what ever forum u might be :happy:
Enjoy!

Jeff