The competition made me LD just for my rankings

Before I started participating in the monthly LD competitions, I tried to make the most out of all my LDs. I tried to break limits and learn new things. I aimed towards having as long LDs as possible.

I imagined that joining the competitions would motivate me further at having LDs. In a way, they did. I started having more LDs. But once i was lucid, all I would think about was that my rankings for that month had increased by one. I did not bother at prolonging my LDs, most of the time I just let go and woke up seconds later.

I’m writing this post because I had an LD tonight in which I decided to make the most out of it. I explored my surroundings and used several prolonging techniques. I have no idea if anyone else have been affected by the rankings in the same way I have, I suppose I have a very competitive nature.

Anyway, from now on I will LD for my self, not my rankings. And I hope everyone else in the competition will be doing the same thing.

i joined the competition for the first time this month, and i’ve been focusing more on quality rather than quantity for my LD’s. a very wise decision, thanks for the advice :smile:

hey well done :happy:. i join teh comp just to keep track of how amny i have had, i dont care what i come :happy::smiley: