Telling people about LD's

Isn’t it funny? First I thought I’ve to tell everyone about it. I mean, lucid dreaming, you can do what you want, the way you want and with practice it even feels like RL. I mean, how DUMB must someone to NOT want to get them?

I mean … hello? It’s an almost perfect virtual reality, and its for free. But no one is interested.

An Anime Fan: “Asuka from NGE is so cute! If I could just meet her …”
Me: “You know, there is something called lucid dreaming where you …”
An Anime Fan: “ehm … ok (looks at me as if I’m some kind of alien)”

(no, this never happend, but you get the idea)

Nah … I don’t understand it. They’re all crazy, imho :smile:

My girlfriend had her first LD yesterday. I told her about LD’ing and she read some of the info at ld4all and yesterday morning she realized she was dreaming, but she got too excited and lost control. She said she still knew she was dreaming, but couldn’t raise her hand or walk when she meant to.

You should always tell people about LD. Anyone who’ll listen. Spread the wealth. :content:

hmmm i wish i could help :confused: i told the entire of my year 10 when iwas back there and got like half of em trying it. :happy: i dont know how i just told a few people talked to a few people about it with in ear shot of others and it boomed from there but i like to talk infront of a lot of people so i got a lot of people to listen, i told the some of my ld and gave them a lot of rt to do :happy:

made em try it and then a few weeks later i had them telling me about their ld. DONT GIVE UP :happy:

Richard

LDing is so unusual not because it’s paranormal (it actually isn’t). It gives chance to fulfill all your fantasies and makes possible things that would never be possible IRL. I think that’s why people don’t believe in it.

I told my sis and bro in law (i live with them) about lucid dreaming and they think I’m retarded. I don’t care…at least I’m not cenial like them…and they’re only 21. They really need to lucid dream or meditate or something cause they’re way to depressed/stressed. I think I got my bro in law into it though. He always wakes up and tries to impress me with the dream he had the previous night. And on top of that when I go online the ld4all.com site is towards the bottom meaning I wasn’t on the site recently and when I check the computer the next day its at the very top meaning it was viewed recently. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I told all my friends about it when I first found out about LD’s. My two best friends got interested… one of them is still trying.
Some of my other friends said they had LD’s sometimes, they just didn’t know it was called Lucid Dreams. The rest was interested but didn’t really want to have them.

It’s just my mom who says it’s bullshit (and she believes in ghosts and other supernatural crap :eh: ). But she usually says everything I’m interested in is a waste of time, so it wasn’t surprising…

haha… I told 2 of my friends that I knew wouldn’t disown me, they didn’t show intrest, but pretended to to make me feel better.
Then I took a risk and told my other friend and she said “HA! You just want to have sex with Johnny Depp!”

What she would give to have sex with Johnny Depp…

It’s too bad that she didn’t look past her initial reaction, because she would REALLY enjoy it if she tried!

Anyway, I gave up on her, and I don’t think my sister would be interested. I don’t really know who else to tell. If I get a chance I’ll do a project on it and present it to my class, but I doubt I’ll get the chance

Well, I recently bought EWLD so now I can wave it in people’s faces, quoting Stephen LaBerge, in particular the parts that mention the scientific research and experiments for proof. And sometimes LaBerge’s Ph.D. title is enough to get people to consider that maybe it’s not all nonsense. o_O

Yes, I think that when telling people about LD’s you should steer away from “enlightenment” and “personal growth” because they will think it’s some hippie myth.
I think it’ll be good to have Stephen Laberge’s PhD title to let people know that it is true

The thing is there are people who you can tell and people you can’t.
You’ll find a way to find out who is who.

i recently had a conversation with my sis about dreams and to my surprise ive found out that shes been LD’ing for years. she says that she doesnt practice any induction techniques and that all of her LDs just come naturally. i envy her because ive been practicing and practicing for months but the dream me is just too stupid to recognize dream signs :grrr: . once when a friend of mine and i were blazed as hell right after we got done toking :tulip: he said something about a dream he once had. (i dont quite remember what he said exactly because everythings a little hazy :tongue: ) but i then tried to explain to him about LDs and LD’ing. but unfortunatly I was too messed up to explain it clearly but he was too baked to understand anyway, so we just ended laughing our asses off about it.

I’ve mentioned LDing to a few friends… it’s not too hard for me to pick out of them who would be open about it and who wouldn’t. The ones who I did tell were the ones who at least got mildly interested in it…

The other day a guy in my health class mentioned lucid dreaming; the topic had strayed from sleep to dreams to all kinds of random things. The teacher, and everyone else in the class save for myself, thought he was completely mad.

Honestly, LDing makes perfect sense. People just don’t listen. All their lives dreams have just been insignificant, meaningless things that occur ‘every so often’ according to them. But if you ask yourself “What would happen if I realized I was dreaming while going through a dream?” it becomes obvious that LDing does exist…

:bored: My classmates’ reactions in health class definitely irked me a little. Everyone’s so quick to dismiss ideas and anything that seems remotely out of the ordinary.

Yes thats often the case Daysong :sad:
Ppl almost automatically judge and fear what is unknown to them.

Nice to have you back here at the forum! :cool:

Jeff

Elo Dreamers,

Im new to this forum, but i will introduce myself properly in the appropriate thread another time. well for my 1st post… im with pav and ashvura. could be interesting to see if any particular starsign dominates these forums. Any of u wanna set it up?

My 2 pence worth :wink:

Ok, this is almost getting creepy. I just found another natural LD’er. It’s a girl that I happened to start talking to at a party. She said that she can remember about 1 dream every night. She also told me that she had LD’s. I’m starting to think that either a lot more people are naturals than I initially thought or I just happen to bump into natural LDers. I have also realised that alot of the people that live around me are very intelligent. I’m probably the most stupid of the people that I hang with, and I have a IQ of over 120. One of my friends got a IQ of over 160 on the same test as the one that I took.

Otherwise I think that a person that is LDing is probably a very open-minded person. I’m interested in most things in live btw. But my interests usually go in cycles and the cycle if usually about 1-2 years before I get interested in the same things again. Also if I get interested in something new I usually spend most of my wake time to the subject that I’m interested in. And after a while I switch to a new subject.

1. You have to realise that online tests will bump your IQ by several points above the rest. I got an IQ of 136 online, so maybe 128 in the “real world” :tongue: .

2. Once there’s scientific proof for something, you no longer need to be “open-minded” to think about it. That’s the case for LDing.

3. You’ll be enjoying life for a long time then! :smile:

I have never felt the need to tell anyone about LD:ing, but i am not a “hardcore” lucid dreamer either. (Or I’m just not very good at LD:ing, i don’t know which it is.)

Judging from this thread i should probably not bother to tell people unless they are already interested.

Well, most poeple aren’t interessted or think I’m crazy… but I’ve managed to get one person into it.

Infact, I got him onto this tie too. And he’s joined the forum :grin:.

that’s awesome!
Actually, I don’t think that even if my friends were interested in LDing that I would introduce them to this forum unless they were REALLY close to me or REALLY interested in LDing because I like being annonamous (sp?) I don’t want to share my dreams with people that I don’t know really well, it gets uncomfortable. I don’t want people @ school knowing how I feel about death, dreams exc because it’s sort of my personal thing I do. I may be selfish but there you go :confused:

haha I just told my friends that they could do anything they wanted. OF course their minds immediately shifted to sex and they were interested. But for no more than 15 seconds.

I told some of my friends about keeping dream logs but this hasn’t done much. One friend will occasionally tell me about a dream that he has but when I ask him if he wrote it down, he always says no. Another friend was telling me that he had a very vivid dream but he keeps telling me he hasn’t written it down. I don’t see how they can go so long without writing them down, I forget many details in just hours after waking up. Some cannot be recovered when writing.