Dream journal

Writing dream journal, how carefully do you write your dreams down?

I usally write very little even if there are alot of things going on, for exampel on of my dreams:
“Creture(blue) melting out of my body, talking to it . The LSA peak, feels like tripping in the dream. Walking to the tent. Meeting Emil, his face smears out and changes shape. I’m tripping in the dream.”
(Note that is not the avrage dream for me)

And trough this I remember all the backgrounds and how it looked and felt, and small things around.

I don’t have so much experience of lucid dreaming (one lucid dream) or keeping a dream journal for a long period of time so I’m asking if it might be bad or good just writing essintial stuff down?

I guess I’m afraid that when I read old dreams (I have only kept dream journal for a short period of time) I won’t understand my self, if there are people who keep there dream journal short and just writing essintial stuff down have hard understanding them self?

Excuse me if my spelling is not the greatest, I talk english better than i write :eh:

(Writing this down I realise I have to start writing my dreams down more carefully, wich kind of making the post of this subject ilogical :bored: )

If it helps at all, I write down all my dreams in 90% of the detail as I remember (I could include colors and placements/distances, etc but I don’t). When I look back at old entries, only about 5% or less of them I can not remember the dream after reading the entry again. BUT: all of the 5% or less I can not remember are no longer than five sentences (at most). So, I encourage you to write at least 5 sentences, but it is best if you write as much as possible.

Hi nutella
I write my dreams down the way you do (mostly).Sometimes, when i had a really cool dream i write more, but sometimes i use only one or two words to describe the whole dream.When i have a LD i always write down as much as i can.
When i look through my DJ i can recall about 50% of the dreams.But the only reason for me to keep a journal is that i often forget my dreams a few minutes after waking up,and then the keywords help me to remember.

Traumgänger

Thanks for the anwsers!

BTW, what a nice forum I will start reading here daily :content: