Questions about dreams

Hello everyone. This is my second post, and I’ve got a few questions about dreams. My entire life people have looked at me like I’ve sprouted a second head when we’re talking about dreams. I’ve done all kinds of things that no-one else I know does in dreams. But my dreams are very “real life” kinda dreams. Maybe that has something to do with it. My basic question is: how normal is this (for all the things I can do whilst dreaming.)

1. I’ve always been able to dream in either black & white or color
  2. I have all of my senses
  3. I’ve eaten in dreams and could actually taste the food (and it tasted like what it was supposed to be)
  4. Looked at clocks, then looked away, looked back and it was the same time.
  5. Died in dreams (people keep telling me that you just can’t do that, but it keeps happening)
  6. Been able to manipulate/use stuff in my dreams.
    Those are some of the things I do. But some other questions I have are these:
    How many dreams does the average person remember? Both after they wake up and months/years afterwards.
    What do recurring dreams mean? What causes them?
    Do (or can) people dream about past lives?
    Can one use dreams to remember things?
    Well, I know I have more questions, but I’m getting really tired and can’t think of them right now. Thanks in advance :happy:
    That’s a skill for the rest of us to develop. I’ve heard that changing your lucid dream to b&w will prolong it.

Also a skill for the rest of us to develop.

3. I’ve eaten in dreams and could actually taste the food (and it tasted like what it was supposed to be)
    Also a skill for the rest of us to develop. By god you’re a freaking natural.
    Lucky you. You’re not normal, you’re exceptional. Use it well…

I’ve done that with text.

5. Died in dreams (people keep telling me that you just can’t do that, but it keeps happening)
    Been eaten by one of those Jurassic Park monstrosities before. Of course you can die in dreams.

Absolutely normal for a lucid dreamer. Also in normal dreams for someone who is close to lucidity, but not quite there.

How many dreams does the average person remember? Both after they wake up and months/years afterwards.
I remember upon waking up: average of one dream. most people who are more dedicated remember much more, an average of three or four for most. I remember more later in the day when something triggers it. For example, this morning I was thinking about biking and I said, hey, I had a dream about my bike tire popping, boy was I mad.
I remember only my most profound dreams for long periods of time without aid, usually a few months. Only when I read a well-written entry in my dream journal can I remember other dreams. If my journal is not written well, I can’t catch anything.

Can’t help you with that. I used to have dreams about a girl about once a month, all ending with me being devastated, but they were all different. I guess it points to something important.

Do you believe in that? I won’t answer that one.

I inadvertently just brought back all the sorrow of being shot down by typing about my recurring dream.

Well I hope that helps. See ya around.

That’s a skill for the rest of us to develop. I’ve heard that changing your lucid dream to b&w will prolong it.

Also a skill for the rest of us to develop.

Also a skill for the rest of us to develop. By god you’re a freaking natural.
    Lucky you. You’re not normal, you’re exceptional. Use it well…

I’ve done that with text.

Been eaten by one of those Jurassic Park monstrosities before. Of course you can die in dreams.

Absolutely normal for a lucid dreamer. Also in normal dreams for someone who is close to lucidity, but not quite there.

I remember upon waking up: average of one dream. most people who are more dedicated remember much more, an average of three or four for most. I remember more later in the day when something triggers it. For example, this morning I was thinking about biking and I said, hey, I had a dream about my bike tire popping, boy was I mad.
I remember only my most profound dreams for long periods of time without aid, usually a few months. Only when I read a well-written entry in my dream journal can I remember other dreams. If my journal is not written well, I can’t catch anything.

Can’t help you with that. I used to have dreams about a girl about once a month, all ending with me being devastated, but they were all different. I guess it points to something important.

Do you believe in that? I won’t answer that one.

I inadvertently just brought back all the sorrow of being shot down by typing about my recurring dream.

Well I hope that helps. See ya around.

PS I just noticed that this post is not supposed to be in the theory of lucidity, this forum is for experiments only. Quest for lucidity might have been a better place.

Suggesting that you can’t die in your dreams is like suggesting that it is healthy for your teeth to chew on gravel. I’ve died so many times in my dreams that it isn’t funny :sad:

I’ve suffocated in space, was blown up several times, eaten by zombies, dropped down a well… :bored: Let’s get off this dreary topic…

I haven’t died nearly as many times as most people in this forum :eek: In fact, I’ve only died once: after I got stabbed in the arm… I nearly died in another dream when I was shot with several arrows. However I was spared by a kid in my class at school.

Hmm. Most of my death or near-death experiences in dreams seem to be during battle. Interesting.

1. almost all my dreams are in color. (Changing your lucid dreams to b/w to make them longer. That’s one I never heard of. I’ll have to try that)

2. I have all my senses in dreams. If anything they are better than rl.

3. taste (same as #2)

4. No time usually changes for me.(I know others that who say it does not. You are not alone in that)

5)died in dreams. (Of course you can. Who ever told you that does not know what they are talking about. And no you don’t die in real life. If that were true I would not be able to answer your post right now.)

1. manipulate objects: yes I have. I have created people and things out of thin air.

2. I can remember an average of 1-4 dreams per night. I have remembered as many as 6 in one night.