The Bird. . . (not quite like Hitchcock, but close)

For the last three weeks I have been tortured by an insane bird. (Okay, maybe not tortured, but incredibly “annoyed”). The weekend is the one time where I am almost guaranteed to have an LD or two (or three, if I’m lucky), however, as soon as I am about to attempt my WILD technique, this crazy bird starts throwing itself at my window. It does this repeatedly and sometimes for hours, making such a racket against the screen that it is near to impossible for me to fall asleep again. I’ve found that it doesn’t seem to do this on weekdays (I was sick for a week straight and stayed in bed most of the time, so I was on the look-out). It just keeps trying to latch onto the screen but keeps falling off. I suppose it’s funny but it freaks my dog out and drives me insane. I’m thinking of naming him/her the “little bird that could.” Anyhow, I either need to shoot it or develop some other LD technique that doesn’t require morning practice. Ah well. :cry:

Seems like this bird doesn’t want you to practice WILD. Perhaps he/she tries to warn you for the Old Hag which you might experience during WILD-SP :smile:

Okay, the asterisk part of the title is in reference to Alfred Hitchc*ck. Didn’t cross my mind that that would be taken out.

You need to get a cat and encourage it to sit near the window…that will keep the bird away. :tongue:

A cat might indeed keep the bird away, but then the cat gets disappointed because his/her prey escaped. He/she will start to mew and jump on your bed to get attention. This won’t help your WILD very much I think :tongue:

That is, if my dog didn’t kill the cat first. My parents suggested hanging my snake “rainbow creature” (basically a small stuffed-animal) from the railing to freak it out. But because the view one sees from looking through my window is this huge mirror, the bird might just be fascinated with himself. My contempt for narcissists does not bode well for this dude.

Ha, I didn’t realize how contradictory the “mirror” thing sounded! Ah, it’s just part of my dresser so it goes together. Also, I just had to shout out that I’m at two stars now! Yay! (Seems so little in comparison to some of the others around here. . .)

Any idea why the bird does this? I don’t think he really likes to throw himself against your window. He can’t be thát masochistic :smile: So there must be a good reason to do this. Can’t you communicate with the animal? I’ve read lots of stories of people who very sincerely paid respect to certain animals and then asked them friendly to leave. This often seemed to work.

Oh and congrats with your 2nd star! :happy:

I generally come up with far-out ideas so I played with the scenario that it’s an astral traveller trying to tell me something important but failing miserably. (I don’t really think this, but it doesn’t hurt to consider.) I honestly don’t know why it does this. My step-dad thinks it’s just trying to get as far away from the elements as possible, but that doesn’t seem too accurate to me. And whenever I pull back the see-through curtains, he/she just sits on a branch, giving me a sideways glance (although it’s hard to tell with their eyes what they’re looking at). I think I will try talking to it. I know of quite a few people who communicate with animals (or believe they do) so I’ll see what happens.

Let us know if it works :smile: If you show animals love, respect and a feeling of security, then you may get rewarded. Some time ago there was a program on TV here, where people with troubled pets could get help from a professional communicator with animals (what’s the proper name?). They had extraordinary results. So if you do it right, this might help :smile:

Yes, it’s possible to communicate with animals. I have done that before and you won’t believe how much it worked for me before. You know me, sometimes I let my curiousity to get best of me. For fun, I imagined myself speaking in robin’s communication frequency. I asked if robins could come over and be where I could watch babies growing. You know what? Out of nowhere, these two robins came and built the nest where I could watch it every morning. Wow. I was very honored and respected to be able to watch that. I watched them all the way until they were ready to fly away. I got opportunity to watch that babies flying away for the first time. I told them thank you and they never returned again. I never see robins again with nest nearby. I don’t need it anymore anyways. :smile:

So, try this… try to communicate with respect. Try to say that it bothers you that it does that. :smile: I’m sure it will respect you.

Good luck!

Er, DM7. Was that a dream or real life?

Sorry, you were just unclear.

Real Life. :smile:

Sorry for being a bit unclear. :biggrin:

Nice experience DM7!! I’ve done it so far only with butterflies. Last summer I was reading in the garden when suddenly a butterfly landed on the table in front of me. I looked at it with a smile and admired its beauty with a deep awe. Suddenly the butterfly flew away… A few minutes later however, it came back and landed on my leg, warming up its wings in the sun. Wonderful… :smile: It sat there for 10 minutes until my dad suddenly appeared with a loud noise… Later on, in the evening it came back one last time, again on my leg, trying to catch those last rays of sunlight. Yeah this was awesome and inspiring :smile: