Movie Thread!-Part 2

reads Kat’s LOTR post

Sorry, haven’t been here in a while. Most of those questions could’ve been answered by reading the books. Eowyn was smiling and looking happy when Aragorn (King) walked by because she was standing by her husband Faramir :eh:

I really really want to answer all of those questions… But I’m going to hold back. No need to confirm the fact that I’m an absolute LOTR fanatic.

[color=red]Hello fellows,
In five minutes or so, I am leaving to go see that adam sandler movie fifty-first dates or something like that. I like adam sandler, he’s really funny. Waterboy rocks my socks. :cool:

-Eric-[/color]

So how was it? I’m not the biggest Adam Sandler fan, but i have to say; He’s doing something right :wink:

Yeah, your right, I forgot them, and i Also forgot [color=darkblue]The Doors [/color] I love that movie, very good :grin:

So for new Dvd’s, i bought [color=red]Once Upon A Day in Mexico[/color] kind of cheesy, although it was cool. I liked Jonny Depp alot in this movie; he’s the hit in the movie. I think he’s the main reason why i liked it so much. I didn’t care about the cheesiness after the beginning, i thought of Kill Bill. I notice most movies today have that touch of cheesy vibes :tongue: , but i can get past that.

I saw [color=darkblue]The League of Extraordinary Men[/color], it was ok. It wasnt the greatest. Some scenes seemed way to fake, but i liked it. It was also cheesy, and P-13, so I’m not open arms to all that. I liked it though, alot of cool things.

Now, the new movie that i saw in the Theater, i actually went out and saw [color=green]EuroTrip[/color] :happy: I was never fixated to see it or anything(like most movies), I just went out of the blue. I love it, it was great, i laughed my a$$ off the whole time. Just like all the other movies, it rubbed off a little to cheesy. But once you ignore all that, like the others, its great. They actually I.d. me twice before i went inside the theater, so they were pretty serious about it.

Well, thats about all the new things in my movie world, what about you? :peek:

I’m suprised that nobody here mentioned Memento. This movie is incredibly, mind-numbingly cool. However, for those who hate flashbacks or odd stuff like that, don’t watch this film. But if you love twists and turns every step of the way, check it out. It’s worth the watch.

Hey, I mentioned it!! :wink: :tongue:

Definitely one of my faves!

P.S. Hubbs - I also agree about Gangs of New York. Daniel Day Lewis was REALLY good in that movie.

I also forgot one of the best… Clerks!!!

Eh, sorry about that EpiK. Guess I wasn’t reading as closely as I thought. Glad somebody else here loves it!

Have any of u heard of ‘passion of the christ?’ what do u think of it if so?

Have I heard??? :eek: that’s all im hearing about, and when it comes to a opinon that’s when silence hits. I heard it was violent, but i have no intrest to go see it this early in the theater(im not sure why :eh:) Seems intruging, but a movie i would get stuck watching also. Anyone seen it?

The reason why i came back, b/c i wanted to talk about this new movie that Jim Carrey did. Looks very odd(odd=coming from me, means good :wink: ), and kinda of trippy. Here’s the link: https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/e/eternalsunshine.php :grin:

It’s called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, looks good, I’m tempted. Other then that, i have loads of dvd’s coming. Know any other new movies that look good? :confused: I’m searching myself, seeya :peek:

Yes i too heard that it IS violent. It shows how jesus …had those nails put through his legs…

I HAve heard of One new movie actually HUbbs…its called lol…Hellboy i think…its an action scifi kinda movie…nice 4 ppl that like commic book kinda Movies :wink:

Also…my bro tells me that star wars um…3 i think… (the modern parts) will show up sometime thsi year…?,…,dont knwo,…mighty be kool…

ANd oen last thing…does any1 knwo when XMen 3 will show up? i KNMWo there is a third part!..if twehre is …i Want to c it! :happy:…ya…so any1? ^_-

:wink:

I watched “The Passion of the Christ” on the weekend, just out of curiosity. I guess I can’t really complain, since it adequately delivers what it promises - which wasn’t much. I wouldn’t consider this a spoiler, since most people already know how the story goes, but I’ll summarize it anyway. :wink:

So, we start with an excessively long scene where Jesus is dragged all the way to the Roman emperor guy for an embarrassingly primitive trial, after which we get to watch Jesus getting whipped for the next half an hour or so by a pair of bloodthirsty cavemen who laugh for the entire duration of the spectacle. That’s right, the whole town was free to watch. Just when you thought the whipping was finished, it turns out they’re just rolling him over so they can find some remaining skin to whip. Eventually, when they’re finished, we watch Jesus carry his own cross up to the top of an inconveniently distant hill. This takes, oh, around 30 minutes. 30 minutes of walking, additional whipping, and various other forms of torment while the half-dead Jesus stumbles to carry the huge wooden structure on his shoulder. Once there, we get to see his eventual attachment to the cross, which is then erected for everyone to point and laugh at. Another exceedingly long time later, everyone gets bored of watching him, so they call it a day and head back - but not before jabbing him with a spear to ensure he stops living. You know, in case he jumps down while they’re all asleep in bed and decides to get revenge. All in all, Jesus only has a couple of dozen lines during the entire conclusion of his life - one of which, upon being nailed to the cross, was “Forgive them lord, they know not what they do.”

If the above sounds like it could entertain you for an hour and a half, then go for it. :smile:

Atheist thanks, i guess i wait for Kill Bill II then and let this movie pass by then. I mean in Kill bill at least there is loads of humor also with the killing and suffering and it sure is not boring lol.
Some Dutch tv ppl saw the movie also and stated there opinion about it, and that was the same as yours!

Btw Kill Bill was ver nice and fun lol :wink:

Jeff

I agree Jeff, Kill Bill was at least entertaining. I could have sat through both parts consecutively, had they decided not to break it up. :smile:

It’s not that I really disliked APFTC, just that it was only 4 scenes, really, each extended to fill 20 to 30 minutes. I guess some people would take the theme more seriously than I, and others may even find it interesting.

Kill Bill! It’s opening April 16th :cool_laugh: , look what i read:
[b][i]David Carradine tells the Los Angeles Daily News that Kill Bill: Vol. 2, is “very different” from the first film.

“The content, even the style, are very different,” he says. “It’s not the juggernaut of fighting that the first one was, although there’s a lot of hot action in it. Everyone talks a lot – what people are used to with Quentin.”

Carradine’s character, Bill, is the last name on the Bride’s (Uma Thurman) “death list”. “The heart of the movie is the stuff between me and Uma – wonderful stuff. I just saw the finished picture, and it’s beyond my expectations. The second one is, I think, a better picture than the first.”[/i][/b]

I think he said the right words to influence the marking on my calendar :grin: The first volume just put a smile to my face through the whole film, i hope Volume two, wont be a fluke.(i doubt it will)

Now about Passion, im very surprised that Atheist took the chance and time. I wasnt upset with your spoiler, just because we all knew what was coming, although coming from you gives me the idea to wait till Dvd or tv .:wink: I want to see it, but i’m not in a hurry :content:

Now the new movie that i saw this weekend :eek: , [color=green]Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind[/color]. It was really cool, very complex and fun, the director is great. He made movies like Being John Malcovich and Adaptation, and his style of films are cool. They seem to grab my attention with the odd stories and ideas. After seeing the movie, i can’t really stop thinking of it, I’m glad i went and saw it. I suggest it if you like those other movies that i suggested.

I’ve been watching out for X-men 3 alot, and they are about to the script stage i think. I know its not gonna release till 2006 or later. But i know its gonna be worth it. Here’s a linkhttps://www.efavata.com/CBM/Xmen3.htm
Hellboy looks cool, i think i might see it :smile:

That’s about it, have you seen a new movie lately?? :confused: :peek:

COOOOO!!!
it’s been awhile sence i’ve been here be struck down to a dial up connection but yeah whatever.

Anybody seen dawn of the dead yet? I just checked it out last night and OMFG!! it was great. It had some incredably intence parts and was just over all incredably cool.

Haven’t seen passion yet but i’ll probably wait for vedio cause i’ve heard not so good things. but still waiting on hellboy. like two more weeks. I’m quite pleased with hollywood at the current time they seem to be coming out with some incredably cool stuff. It seems elron hubberds curse has been lifted.

Anyway, I seem to remeber posting the movie ginger snaps in my list a month or so ago and i saw it again, Christ its even better then i remember. The character development is incredable. And ginger snaps 2: unleashed is coming out soon as well. which can also be downloaded now via the internet. but its so cool i think i like it better then the first one.

anyway again, i’d like to know if anyone else has noticed that america seems to be in the dumpster of horror movies of late. I haven’t seen a good american horror movie for as long as i can remember. but go a little forien and you have dog soldiers, brotherhood of the wolf(witch isn’t quite horror but is still close enough) 28 days later, The ginger snaps movies, and even the remake of dawn of the dead is canadian. speeking again of which, if you liked 28 days later, dawn of the dead is like 20 times better.

I want to see eternal sunshine, its at the top of my list, well, around the top of my list. espeshaly if the same director did it as addaptation and being john malkavich. that pushes it up even higher on my list i guess.

Oh yeah, I just recently found out that the reconing of the dead is up in the air and a scrip is being writen. It takes place two years after the day of the dead. and the few people left are ready to start anew, the zombies a little threat being as how they were in the process of decompasition for two years. but that should be cool. even though day of the dead was probably the woerst of the “…of the dead” movies but the writer says that reconing is probably the best one he’s ever writtin.

sorry i seem to have just rambled on and my thoughts are kindof scatered but yeah later

Dawn of the Dead didn’t reach my attention at all, but all i have heard are good things. I like zombie movies, but they really dont grab my attention as they used to. The reason, b/c the movie usually ends or happens the same way. That’s not bad, but I havent seen anything more impressive since the whole Zombie idea to begin with :smile: People told me this new one was actually scary, I don’t know what to think when i hear that, i havent been scared from a movie in ages. I’m tempted now :hmmm:

I forgotten to mention one my favorite movies, i don’t know how, but I did. The Fifth Element and i just bought it :grin: I was going to buy it a while ago, but it was 15$, so i waited; just because i’ve seen the movie hundread of times. Well, i bought it and im happy! :happy: I can watch this movie all day long. Another movie from Willis that i just bought for dvd; Die Hard. Another movie that i can watch all day long. I’ve been buying alot of new Dvds. I have Lost in Translation, i bought that awhile ago. It’s ok and odd, it would be hard to watch for most people. Some how i bought it. I bought another 2-favorite i havent mention on my list, Tommy Boy and Black Sheep. I had to get it, Chris Farley made me cry when i watched that movie.

For new movies, i havent seen anything, since Eternal Sunshine. I’m looking forward to Kill Bill 2. I havent seen anything worth going out for. Other then Dawn of the Dead, have you seen any (new)good movies? Keep me posted, I’m intrested to know :wink:

Has anyone mentioned The Butterfly Effect? It’s about a guy who used to have blackouts when he was a child which he kept record of. Years later he discovers that he can use these records to go back in time and change things.

I was really drawn in to the story when i saw it, which doesn’t happen that often anymore. But admittedly im a sucker for these kind of movies.

So how was it? I wanted to see it when I first viewed previews but it got bad reviews so. . .is it worth watching?

I liked it, but i just like all the films where the main character gets a weird ability. Even if they arn’t that flawless…

If you really liked Donnie Darko and want to see something similar it’s probably worth seeing. I can imagine people falling asleep halfway through Butterly Effect thought, it’s not quite as good as Darko.

So can any1 update me on teh latest movies? I want to go c something on weekend :content:

I was tempted, but i changed my mind just as quick. I figured the outcome, but you never really know it. I’ll stick with Darko

For new movies, uhh lets see;
New Release

• The Alamo
  • Ella Enchanted
  • The Girl Next Door
  • I’m Not Scared (NY, LA)
  • Shade (LA)
  • Twentynine Palms (NY, LA)
  • The Whole Ten Yards

those are the new movies for this weekend

Last Weekend Releases

• Hellboy
  • Home on the Range
  • The Prince & Me
  • Shaolin Soccer (NY, LA, SF)
  • Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring (limited)
  • The United States of Leland (limited)
  • Walking Tall

Nothing really that intresting, maybe Hellboy, i heard it was good. The Alamo aslo looked alright, take your pick or wait till next weekend :grin:

Here’s Next weekend

April 16th Weekend

• Connie and Carla
  • Kill Bill Vol. 2
  • The Punisher
  • Young Adam (NY, LA)

Kill Bill and The Punisher! Yay! I’m looking forward to that :cool_laugh:

Is Dawn of the Dead worth it? I’m thinking about for tonight, debating it with Hell Boy. I’ll be around :peek: