If you had the choice to, would you?

i see your point…living in your fantsy world for all eternity to do what you please seems perfect…living in a world created by your mind…but our minds are what they are because of what we experience in this life…if you shut down now, you may never open your mind to its full extent because you have not allowed your mind to fully grow…i agree that living in a lucid dream for all eternity seems great…but, i believe that the after life will be just like that…our most beautiful dream!

Ashvura

Very good point. You remind us that everything must be kept in balance. I now agree that if you were to live in a LD forever that it would lose it’s excitement. Maybe not after a year or 2. But what about a decade or a century.

I think theres more to it.I think that being in ld would be just a step on the bigger journey.I think something lies above that realm.And there might be number of “aboves”:slight_smile:
I wish its like that and i guess im lucky enough to see it my own eyes one day.Cuz it has a good chance to turn out true:)

The thing is, If you dream forever, do you think the enjoyment would run out? It’s great when you can only do it when you go to sleep, and you do other stuff during the day and your minds off of it. But if you always had it, what would you look forward to, it would always be there. :neutral:

Choice between RL and a never ending dream life? I choose RL

Choice between RL and a never ending LD life? I choose LD life.

I reckon when we die we will be in another world, similar to dream world, although we will know where we are and be able to use all our lucid powers + more

RL is just a dream we will one day wake up from :wink:

-stranger

Your right, dying is the same as waking up. Maybe one day we will wake up and be living in the matrix movie, and the world is controlled by machines and everyones entire lives are dreams. Or something like that…

WE ALREADY MADE THAT CHOICE, NOW WE HAVE TO REALISE IT AND AWAKE.

Sorry i am just making a few lines that i can rant in the street, will i be taken away? :razz:

hope so

If you have asked me about that few years ago, I would probably say, “Yes! Of course! I would die for it!” It was because I was so tired of living my life. I didn’t get what I want. I couldn’t stand up for what I believe in. I couldn’t do anything just for myself. I honestly thought if I would sleep and have a LD forever that I would be joyful. I was really frustrated with myself. I didn’t know what to do.
Now for last one year, I began to discover many things about myself. I learned how to enjoy my life even more. So now, you are asking me this question. My answer is no. Definitely no. :smile: I live for both lows and highs. Also my life is full of joy now. I discover that trusting my instinct is leading me to a much better life. I discover by trusting myself, everything begin to fall in right place. I also found that meditating helps me so much. Now it’s much like I’m LL’ing (Lucid Living). Everything seems so extraoridinary amazing now. I enjoy it and will take it close to my heart forever. I will never take anything for granted. I enjoy my life. I enjoy what I have now. I enjoy everything. :smile:
So… go ahead and enjoy THIS life now. Be LL! It helps so much! :happy:

I’d chose life, simply becuase there’s a layer of unkown to it. In an LD, you’d have nearly full control. Once you’ve had your fun you’d get bored. Plus you’d have no one to talk to. You’d go insane.

I’d choose waking life too. The relative stability of waking life gives you the opportunity to get much further in life, than when you have to deal with the enormous instabilities, fluctuations and dynamic shifting of a thought-based Dreamworld.

…Actually that sounds a bit concerning. I mean, there’s much talk about how it would be great if you get into an LD after dying. And when would that LD end? Never? So when you say you would choose a lucid dream and never wake up, it makes me think you are planning a suicide or something. If you really belive this LD after death, you would have a good reason to kill yourself, right?

Anyway, I’d choose the real life. I can visit the dream world from here :smile:

yea i didnt actually mean forever as actually being forever and ever. i really just meant forever like until i die. i guess i just neglected to mention that. oh well.

Claudia…not necesarily the reason to kill oneself.
Wanting to go into ld for good does not mean suicadal emptations.Same with people who believe in God and heaven and all.They dont kill themselves…this faith helps them through the life,helps them to hav distance to earthly things…so on so on:)
I personally believe that death is just a transition between current state and another(ld/obe).And i dont think one would get bored(there would be times of course…like in RL) but i think theres allways something more,its the law of nature…evolution…even after we die we get the chance to evaluate more.

Ashvura is right. Lucid dreams are only wonderous and magical compared to waking life, and alone they would eventually lose this appeal. Personally, I’d rather the ability to LD throughout the entirety of each night, and still be able to live a waking life - even if just to keep the dreams so desirable.

I agree completely with Atheist and Ashvura. Itself only would make everything seems dull like we think of our waking life. Who knows if our waking life is actually out of oridinary compared to alien’s life? I’m just providing an example. :wink:

I actually rather to have a lucid dream every night with that ability to continue in waking life like what Atheist mentioned.

LD’s are something that we love because we don’t experience it as often as we do… so it seems so magical and alive. :smile: And I would like to keep that sparkle. :happy:

Totally agree with everyone else. It would just seem normal to us if there was nothing to compare it to.

But see, that lack of sparkle, really gives me an even bigger sparkle. Heh, that was confusing, huh? Well its just that I find it even cooler if you do somethiing amazing and act like it was nothing. Like becoming lucid, looking at your watch and saying “Well, it took me long enough!” :smile:. But yeah it’d be great every night :content:

in my opinion, RL is the Hell of our minds…LD’s are the heaven…so ofcourse one would want to leave this world and live forever in a self-created paradise…but the sweet aint as sweet without the bitter…how can we appreciate the good and wonderful things if we don’t experience the negative and pain…

I think the film Vanilla Sky explored this idea, and the conclusion it came to is essentially the same as the one I would choose:

No, because the sweet’s not as sweet without the sour (or is that bitter?). And, y’know, what’s the point in doing anything in a world where you are omnipotent? There’s no challenge, and there’s no point.

I allready know the bitter…it flows out of my tv everyday…problems,problems,people,stuff…im dissapointed with life…
Now i wouldnt mind at all to just swim in sweetness.Just being tired of this everyday survival,bills,jobs,fuss,sicknesses,troubles phisical and psychicall.
Id go even now to ld world.Nothing keeps me here.

That might depend on if I could talk to my friends while they were asleep…That’d be really neat, except every hour or so they’d fade out and then leave for 2/3 of the day. So it goes.