Lucid or not?

I’m kinda confused, I’m not sure whether these dreams I’ve had are lucid or not… All I’ve heard is that lucid dreaming is something that needs to practice in order to achieve it. But can it be natural?

Even before I heard of lucid dreaming if I saw something in my dream that went against reality or my logic I changed it because I knew I was dreaming and I could; or if I didn’t like my dream I changed it so it was how I wanted it. Once in a while I could change it to an entirely different dream. I’ve done this forever it seems like, but I have never done anymore than that; it never occurred to me to take complete control. I just change what I don’t like then go with the flow… so is that being lucid or something else?

Some people do have lucid dreams naturally. It sounds like you’ve always had lucid dreams and you just never cared…either that or they were low-level lucidity.

In any case, you were probably lucid.

JealousJealousJealous

[color=indigo] :bounce: Rowan you are a lucky lucky person. Most people have to try and try to get lucid dreams, and from the sound of it you’ve been having low level ones all the time. I disagree Nazca a little bit, cause I don’t think it’s that you never cared, I just assume you weren’t aware of what lucid dreaming was, and you didn’t know that you could make it better. Anway, if you really are interested in going deeper and seeing how far you can push the lucid limits, you can find what you need to know on here. :smile: As nazca said, they are probably low level and if you read about the different methods for becoming lucid and staying lucid and becoming more lucid during your dreams, you could really have a ball.
Best of luck Rowan.

-Eric-[/color]

Yes I agree with Lucid Sky Dreams. You seem to be a natural LDer and with a little practice you should easily be able to take the best out of those LDs. And that’s a pretty rare gift :smile:

Happy dreaming! :happy:

Maybe the mods should make a sticky topic called “lucid or not?”, because we are getting a lot of these very similiar questions about lucidity all the time.

[color=indigo]True true, I think so too. There are a lot of those, a sticky in here would work wonders. Mods if you read this, it’s an idea.

-Eric-[/color]

Thank you for the replies! Lucid Sky Dreams is right, I had never heard of lucid dreams until recently. I never thought to try and do more, I just took it for what I knew about it and didn’t think I could go deeper. I never thought that knowing that your dreaming and changing it was unusual because my Dad does the same thing. (is this just a weird coincidence?) I’d really like to learn more to get the most out of my lucid dreams so I’ll look in to some of the stuff you mentioned. Thank you guys so much for helping me!

Rowan; I hope you don’t mind I ask a quick question in your thread, instead of starting a new one with the same topic…

Anyway, I started writing down my dreams 3 years ago, and managed to become aware of myself in 2 dreams after writing down about 4 dreams.
But I really don’t know if i was lucid. I touched a brick wall and could feel the texture, but It didn’t seem too real, Is there many degrees of realness??

But then I stopped trying to become lucid, and stopped writing down my dreams (yeah, my loss :eek: )

Until I registered in this forum yesterday. I suddenly became obsessed with the idea again, and said to myself, “I’m gonna havea lucid dream tonight”… and surely I did, or atleast think i did…

I don’t know how I bacame self-aware, but suddenly I were sitting in my bed, but the room was changed, There were golden light coming through the windows, and I was completely aware of who I were, and that I was dreaming, I found it pretty realistic, but not so realistic as in an awake condition… But I couldn’t move… this I found strange. I started struggling to move, and I dreamt that I fell to the floor… Another strange part is that I have no idea if i fell to the floor for real :cool_laugh: But my arm hurts as hell today…
Anyway, that did it for my dream, and after hitting the floor, my dream became normal again, and i lost total control of it… strange.

Could I be a good LD’er? or a hopeless one, since I couldn’t move at all… Or has my mind played tricks on me, and I haven’t been lucid at all?

You were lucid, but you lacked control. In my first LDs, I couldn’t move either. It’s just something you need to learn. And I’m sure you’ll become good at LDing as long as you stick to it, just like everyone else.

I heard about lucid dreams when i was little but i didnt think much about it and i didnt care. I knew that when i had a bad knitemare i would suddenly hear a voice saying “Liz, wake up” and immediately i would.

I only looked up what an LD actually was last year, when i woke up one morning having said to all my friends in my dream “i dont care what you say cos you’re all in my head, its a dream, and im walking around inside my own head!”

I looked it up on the net, and now, although trying to do TILD/WILD/MILD etc etc havent worked, simply thinking about lucid dreams constantly for the past year, i have had approx 2 a month.

A thing about many newbie LD ers is that when they do not have success soon after beginning they become discouraged and turn away. If you stick with it your subconscious will take a clue and you’ll begin to have success. I was once like this in regards to LD (been ‘into it’ for like 3 years but never really have had much success till like the past 3 months even now its not that much success but its better than 2 9/12 months before that combined) its cuz id always kind of ‘doze off’ in regards to it and then my interest would be renewed then it would die again. Now that ive stuck with it for more than like a month things are changing (slowly but surely). I figure that its the force of tradition (of not having LD’s) that takes awhile to deal with…in my case it has like 17 years with the occasional spontaneous LD backing it up hehe. But anyways its like odd2k said stick with it.

God thats so cool that youre a natural Rowan, quite the gift indeed. :smile: Its funny how those less gifted pursue it so. Ive never thought about this, but if theres any veteran LDers around that would mind this question: Would you say that the ‘excitement’ of LD’s has dwindled as you got better and better?

As for losing lucidity like that apollox, i think i heard somewhere that something big like surprises that take away all your ‘Lucidity Attention’ so to speak, even temporarily, will make it hard for you to put that attention back and you may lose all ‘lucidity attention’ thus becoming non-lucid.