Melatonin is a success!!! Part 2

I’ve had success with 3mg melatonin combined with B6, provided I’m in bed long enough to get to those long REM stages toward morning.

it’s hard to get melatonin in sweden! does it have any effects that are unwanted? they can’t just stop the marketing of a product with no reason

So melatonin really has no effect on your dreams… it just makes you sleep more? Well, I guess I can do that on my own…

For the first time ever, I tried melatonin a few nights ago and had a great lucid dream. I was so happy it had been too many weeks since I had gone Lucid. I am going to be care full with this stuff though. I try to be as natural as I can. I feel better being able to lucid dream without drugs. I’ll try to not use this stuff more than 3 times a week. I might for the second time use it again tonight.

Thats really wise six, that u dont gonne use it every day. :wink:

Jeff

Hey, so if I understand this right… melatonin is a dream enhancer, and a reliable anticonception method too :cool_laugh: :grin: ! Gotta try that!! :wink:

JJJ

Rofl JJJ :wink:

Your to funny haha :smile:

Jeff

May I ask a question? Does melatonin help you lucid dream by messing with your REM periods or does it just help you go to sleep longer so you could have increased REM periods? I’m confuzzled.

If you can sleep longer it will help your stay sleeping through those longer REM periods

Ok, so it doesn’t affect your dreaming directly. Thanks very much for explaining that.

yeah… and what is it exactly

Melatonin is a sleep and biorhythm hormone!
It is secreted when the body and brain are ready to fall a sleep.
When you get past 50 years old of agen it drops a bit down.
It is one of the things that regulates deep sleep.
When you live in a country with much sunlight and warmth the body makes less of it then when you would live in a dark cool place at earth, with long winters etc.

Jeff

Jeff I’m not sure if it is 100% accurate to say that the body makes less of it when you live in norther places.

Studies have shown that people who are not exposed to the correct amount of UV rays to regulate the bodies secretion of melatonin suffer from sleep problems and are more tired during the day. They have higher melatonin levels during the day than people who do not suffer from sleep problems, and then lower levels at night.

Studies have also shown that having melatonin in your system decreases your performance on test. However, it increases your performance if you have an increased level the night before performing the test.

This is just a rant… I’m not sure one way or the other about how much the body produces… but I know that it is true that it produces the wrong ammounts at the wrong times of the day.

No, i said u have a lower melatonin production in warm countries, that have more sunlight! Above 21 degrees celsius your melatonin production drops :smile:
But maybe that was not clear?

Jeff

Where you folks buy your melatonin from?

I tried two chemists and both were puzzled… They had never heard of the stuff and looked at me like I was crazy.

I began to think that my TARDIS had taken me to the wrong century, too…

Perhaps I’ll try a health food store next.

rofl ClarKKent hahah Tardis lol thats a good one! :smile:

Well i buy it at a good vitamin shop!
But u also can order it from the net.

Jeff

ClarkKent, if you are in the US, check out Walgreens.

Don’t you have a local pharmacy you can go to?

Local pharmacies don’t stock it apparently…

however:

Cherries contain melatonin, especially cherry juice…

I’m going to buy some cherry juice… should be good for LDing…

Where do you live? If you are in the US tons of places have it. It might not say melatonin. One brand I have seen has a crescent moon with a night cap on.

It is by all the vitamins and stuff.

Do you have walgreens?