????

Ive had 5 seconds of a lucid dream before and I am not a disbeliever…

But a thought came to mind wich made me think. What if lucid dreams are just dreams? Maybe we think about them so much that we have a dream in wich we think we are in control and have free will. :eek:
:help: Can anyone argue with this?

well then does it really matter either way you do what you wanted to do.

well I guess its good either way, but it would really cut down my facination of it… :neutral:

Those dreams definitely exist, but so does the real ones… :smile: After a few lucid dreams, you really learn to know the difference between false and real ones…
In high level lucid dreams my consciousness is exactly as when awake… I think normally, memory is working, i know exactly where my real body is and so on…
When doing for example WILD, you even loose conscioiusness to start with, no blackout or anything…

Lucid dreams definitely exist… :happy:

sorry for going off topic but entering a lucid dream through WILD is how they say you do astral projection. I used to try that but i quit…
Does lucid dreaming have anything to do with astral projection???

I personally think it is the same thing… I believe depends on the persons beliefs… I who dont believe in AP, say it is a conscious dream, while those who believe in AP’s, will probably think they actually left their body or something…
It depends on the person you ask… :smile:

if astral projection is real I would say it is against my religion so I dont want to risk leaving my body into some astral world :bored:
I personaly dont know what to think of them, but im pretty sure they’re a load of crap…

trust me, it is alot of crap :tongue:
There is no harm in doing WILD

A dream is a dream. A LD just means you are aware you are dreaming
:smile:

As LaBerge says, dreams seem so real because to dreamer they ARE real, so you can enjoy them as much as RL. And you are conscious, although it’s a bit lower level than in waking life.

Then why dont you try to sleep again when in a lucid?
And then in that other lucid that you get sleep again
and again and again and again?

See were you get that way.

What do you mean Argus?

For a similar topic, see “what my friend thinks about LD’s” in the Lucidity Intro section. Personally I think both these topics should be moved to Theory of Lucidity… or maybe that’s just me.

Now I’ll present an equivalent argument to the one Lunatic presented:

“Free will is just an illusion - we don’t conciously choose anything; everything we do is actually planned out by our subconcious”

“Lucid dreams are just an illusion - we don’t conciously choose things in lucid dreams because we aren’t really concious; everything that happens in these dreams is actually planned out by our subconcious”

See the similarity? So why do so few people agree with the first argument, while so many agree with the second?

P.S. by “subconcious” I mean something within our mind which is beyond our concious access (self-referential here, I know).

Good idea

I moved the “what my friend thinks” topic to the Theory, and this one is closed now.
Continue discussion here:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/what-my-friend-thinks-on-lds/9711

P.S: Please chose a better subject/title the next time, ??? isn´t very helpful when browsing the forum for interesting posts