I have to ask something, honestly.

I just read more of your site.
My, what complexities your dreams have, my constant awareness of the dream has, I think, prevented me from experiencing so much that you have. I remember my dream sky being pale, grey, and cloudless, for example, instead of beautiful with planets or whatever.
Everything tends to be either too light or too dark, and I don’t often hear sound, because I’m just not that immersed.
On the other hand, the site appears to contain many ideas I hadn’t thought of before, like actually confronting an aggressor in a dream. I usually fight them back, rather than talking to them. I’ve never stepped through a mirror, or done many of those things. Maybe I shall try these things some time soon, if I can remember them.

My question:
Do most people, when trying what she suggests to try, see and hear what she has seen and heard?
As I have said, by grey and cloudless sky contradicts a fair amount with her beautiful one. I just want to know if I am even more abnormal :sad:

You don’t always become lucid, actually. What is really happening is that you have maybe 6 dreams every night (one every 90 minutes) and only remember the ones where you do become lucid.

I have looked at the sky in a lucid dream hoping to see something good but it was just black with clouds (nighttime). The clouds had a slight reddish tinge but it didn’t look very special, and that was it. :sad:

This is something which you are special in. That isn’t to say that other people don’t have this ability naturally too, or that you’re the best, but you’re a minority of lucky people, and that means you’re special.

So you do have non-lucid dreams, where you watch the world instead of being in a body?

395, you say that you can feel your eyes closed while dreaming. This could be an indication that you sleep very lightly. Most people can feel their eyes being closed when they are just about to wake up from a dream. So if you are in this stage of dreaming constantly, that would explain why your dreams are so dull and grey. The deeper you sleep, the more stabile and vivid your dreams become. On the contrary, the lighter you sleep, the more chance you have of becoming lucid.

I think that would explain a whole lot actually…

There goes my hypothesis (I’ll post it in the Theory of Lucidity section). Actually, it could still be valid :smile:.

That’s interesting odd2k, I’ll put that somewhere in the wikibook and I’ll be checking it before it enters the main text…

That to me sounds like an ND from a 1st person perspective with the illusion of control, in which case nearly all my dreams are like that but it’s not lucidity. Could you be a little more detailed in how you mean?

Note the huge use of jargon here :smile: I don’t know about this “illusion of control” thing, could you explain?

All I can say is that I can tell that I am dreaming in the dream. I remember realizing I am dreaming. I have had fairly normal dreams in which I am in a class or something, but I can just tell that I an dreaming and start warping things. Changing walls to monsters or people into food, etc. Basically anything I want at the time.

I suppose that could be true, I don’t remember all my dreams…

No I’m not. I’m just another person. Stay on topic.

Yes. I can’t remember any of them at the time of posting this, but I know I have had them, and that is what they are like. I have no part in it, I don’t make any decisions or anything. I just watch stuff.

I also talk in my sleep. I don’t think this has to do with dreams, but I’m just throwing that out as a possible inclusion to this hypothesis.

Additional Question: How does one make oneself sleep deeper?

Try LD stabilization techniques, like spinning or rubbing your hands.

When you realise your dreaming and you can change walls into monsters and people into food, is there any sort of thrill?

I know when I have even the shortest LDs I get an amazing thrill from having unlimited control on the world I’m in. E.g. I became lucid in a dream when at a beach. I thought there was something strange about the waves washing up on the sand and thought to my self “maybe I’m dreaming” and then I looked at the sky (which was a normal sky blue but with no clouds) and thouhgt " If I am dreaming, I will be able to change stuff" so while looking at the sky, I made it change to a night sky with brilliant bright stars and the moon. When I did this I got a great thrill but then then I forgot I was dreaming and went on to other stuff.

Hey cool, my repeated posting of this site at Squidi.net finally paid off :cool:.

In the (very) few Lds that I’ve had, I haven’t been able to feel my eyelids. And the sky was cool (purple and amber swirling into each other… though it made me feel sick to look at…).

I’m not sure how you could sleep deeper… maybe try the staberliserws (as mentioned) or try on of the Ld techniques (RCs, MILD, WILD, VILD, WBTB etc)?

Yea, despite it happening fairly often, there is always a thrill at being able to do absolutly anything.

I have no idea what that is.

I’ve had one LD that, at the end of it, a dream character kept yelling at me to open my eyes (I had them closed in the dream and, of course, in reality), so I did (in the real world).

Hey 395.

If you are capable of thinking “wow this lucid dream is great! I must remember it and post it on ld4all when I wake up”-type thoughts then yes I’d say you were having lucid dreams.

And yes it IS difficult for most people. I never had one until finding this site and training myself.

So you are very skilled at this, or at least lucky! To change and improve your dream scenes try different techniques: spinning, jumping into a tv, through a mirror, rubbing your hands etc. The possibilities are endless.

Yeah,you can definately consider yourself natural talent:)
Most of us got to do many fussy things to get even one a month.
As for the deeper sleep-alcohol and pot makes it deeper but that is not advisable for lucid dremer.I guess that if you`re so skilled in this field you wouldnt have much problems hypnotysing yourself into deep sleep.Just lread around if u neveer tried it.
good luck
Ps.I envy you as hell!!!:slight_smile:

I don’t remember my dreams so well, though. Last dream I remember (yes, it was lucid) was a week or two so ago. I should try out the dream log thing.

Take out the w in my post.

A staberliser (just so you know, i’m guessing at the spelling) or something you do to, well, staberlise the dream whilst lucd :content:.

Try:

Staring at your hands
Spinning around
Demanding that the dream should be more lucid

Please don’t order me to stay on topic. Stuff here usually deviates quite a lot from the original topic and statistically, if you have nothing special about you that you know of, you’re more likely to find something special later on.

aha! i am onto a theory now that some people are born with this brain thing or something that makes them sleep lightly so some people are born with the ld gift! you could maybe even inheret it!

Sorry, didn’t really mean to offend, it’s just not something I wanna talk about.

On a side note, when I have dreams I remember now that are lucid (like my one last night) I get much more excited and when I do wake up my heart is beating horribly :neutral:

Um… this theory is news?

Haha 395, you were better off not knowing all the stuff you could do in LD’s! We have given you the too-excited-to-LD curse!

Only joking. You’ll get used to being in an LD with all those possibilities and not waking up. Besides, once you wake, you can try WILD or VILD.

Nah, I get my full night’s sleep, it’s just now that it’s supposed to be special to be able to control your dreams and there are all these experiments people are trying to perform I feel that I, as a horribly regular LDer, have a duty to memorize and perform all the experiments I can.

You guys have put unnecessary pressure on me :bored: