Music in Dreams

it’s happened to me many times as well… last night in fact. but, last night was a song i’ve heard before. the weird thing is my radio wasn’t on, yet the song was perfect in my dream. pretty amazing.

about the songs your mind creates… they are awesome. they are amazing songs and it’s surprising how your subconscious can create such masterpieces. i plan on figuring some cool guitar songs out in my LD’s. :grin:

I can’t really agree with that - the last song I can remember hearing in a dream is “should I stay or should I go” by The Clash :neutral:. Although, I can’t really remember any music that I had made up myself, so, y’know, maybe. Music and stuff is done in the left side of the brain, and so are dreams, so that would explain why it’s so good.

I love the music I hear in my dreams - it is always so beautiful. My experience is that it is never music I can recognise (on waking), and not something that I am able to replicate when I wake up.

I love listening to classical music IRL and am able to ‘replay’ pieces in my head. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near skilled enough to play back what I can hear.

Ive put a CD in my stereo in a dream before. I wanted to listen to Pink Floyds ‘Astronomy Domine’ but what I heard didnt sound anything like it. This triggered lucidity for me. Another time I passed by a Creedence Clearwater Revival concert but I couldnt stay and listen as I was frantically searching for water to clean a snake bite. Also, I often play guitar in my dreams but the guitar is hardly ever tuned right or has all its strings. I have yet to try it in an LD though, where it should work out much better.

In one of the 3 LDs I have had I was listening to radio stations the whole LD. They were playing songs that I thought I had never heard before or at least didn’t recognize. The stations even had DJs to introduce songs and say a few things every now and then. I would just think about changing the station and it would immediately change to a different station. Crazy isn’t it?

I have listened Scooter so much that i have their Music in my dreams. In dream it came from my friends cd player.

try to go into consert. I bet that you have Music dream that Night.

Funny isnt it?.

I know I’m repeating myself here…I’ve posted about music in my dreams somewhere in my DReaM DiaRY.

~Kurt Cobain~
I was in his ‘beach house’ hanging out with him, Courtney, Dave and a few other unrecognisable people. Kurt started singing a song to me…it lasted for a few minutes and he was making the words up as he went along…always rhyming and never faltering. Don’t ask me what the song was about…I only wish I could remember! In the background…or from out of thin air actually, a tune started to play along with his words. The music came out of nowhere…which was pretty amazing.
Throughout the whole song he was standing looking at me and had the cutest grin on his face. The only words I remember were the last 2 lines which he was still singing as I awoke…
“Bon Scott’s smiling,
It’s not real life!”
I woke up feeling totally alive and felt like I had just stepped back from another world. The tune is still in my head and I hum it whenever I feel a bit down.

=-)

Hmm, nothing can beat that!

I have a LOT of Black Sabbath, Mettalica, Pink Floyd and Nirvana playing in my dreams. I used to constantly play those bands a few years back but now don’t listen to much music in waking life.
Sometimes though, I actually play an instrument or two myself…but as in real life…all I can manage is ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’ or other simple stuff like that…hehe.

:uptosomething:
r.f

Hi… new guy here.

I’ve had some interesting dreams where I was playing guitar and things were always rigged funky so as to prohibit my full enjoyment… old banged up guitar, amp not working, tuning problems like you note. I suppose practicing to play better in a lucid dream is almost out of the question huh… I mean who can practice if they can’t even get in tune?

Ciao for now… beach

Lucid dreams are controllable, so it is very much possible to correct any problems. Once I play guitar in an LD Ill let you know how it goes.

I’d be very interested to know. Likewise if I have anything to report, I’ll post it, although I haven’t been truly lucid in some time now. Only now am I picking up LD where I left off in times past.

I am a guitarist and songwriter. The guitar part to one of my favorite originals was written in my dreams. I woke with the music in my head and brought it straight to the instrument. It was like divine intervention.

in most of my older dreams i heard music but it was very very louad. I was defended in my dream. Try stand next to your speaker. Turn it on full and have some 1 yell. bad ( on that note i was dreaming aloot about very louad sounds) any way in my dreams i got taught to play the guitar by linkin park, this has happened a few times and i am playing the guitar at the mo. Mind u it clasic not rock lol

Thanx

Richard

Actually i’ve heard that practicing a particular skill in dreams actually does help; it improves your coordination and motor skills, by defining the neural process required to carry out tasks, or something. I’ve used it to practice fire twirling :happy:.

Oh and yea, I’ve heard some simply incredible psychedelic trance in dreams, of my own composition. I guess it’s the same as IRL, where you can sort of play back a song in your head, but you know you aren’t actually hearing it, whereas in a dream it feels like you actually are.

Every time i hear great music in my dreams i wake up and try to remeber the tune so i can put it in a song, but i never can. What I’m debating is: is all of the music you hear in dreams actually music, that is, with beats and melodies and everything, or simply a hallucination that u are hearing great music, which causes you to feel like you’re listening to a great song, when the song doesn’t really exist at all (do you get what i mean?).

Actually i make music myself, and i have had dreams in which i was composing realy AMAZING pieces of music. Then i woke up and i had only part of it in my mind, but i could remember the beauty of it.
As to the question if the dream music is real, i think in a sense it is, since music is nothing more or less then electric signals in your brain, so when you sleep and reproduce those signals then the music sounds as real as if it was when you are awake.

In a non-LD i put on my girlfriend’s headphones to listen to an Ozzy cd, but one of the new Eminem songs starting playing. I had just gotten her into Ozzy and she used to listen to Eminem.

Another one i was lucid but didn’t have full control and i was showing off to some people playing guitar and it was a basic not very musical scale, but still pretty fun.

does any one have it where music is very very louad in your dreams?

I’ve tried playing some trance music that I really like when I’m sleeping, but I haven’t had a dream yet that had the music incorporated in it! :grrr: Has anyone ever tried doing this, and has it ever worked?

I’ve heard music in my dreams before, nothing amazing yet, the usual songs u hear on the radio. BUT the weird thing is, HOW is it that in real life, I don’t know the words to the song, but in my dream, it plays clearly even the parts I don’t know the words to? Guess my mind records w/out me knowing? I dunno.

P.S. Didn’t have radio on while I slept.

In my last lucid dream (and first) lucid dream (2 nights ago :happy: ) i was singing at the sky ‘its the end of the world as we know it’ by r.e.m (but a slower version) then the music accompanied my singing :smile:

last WILD I heard trance music while my mind was completely clear, startling to notice good music playing even though my mind as far as I know had nothing to do with it

music is amazing in dreams, sounds completely real and just wow