novadreamer goes retail?

The nova dreamer is a promising product, it has heaps of potential but the fact it is only available online and isent widely advertised is not to its advantage.
With the world the way it is these days im sure there would be a market in retail outlets for a product like the nova dreamer, playstation and xbox are bought like nothing else wouldnt the respnse to a product that could give you conciousness in your dreams and allow you to change it into whatever you wished have a niche in the market? If it were advertised with ‘cool’ adds that emphisised the things that would attract to to all ages (nothings impossable in a dream ect) and the price was suitibly lowered then i can see it being a popular item.
does any1 else agree?
if stepen laberge was able to find places that could mass produce it and sell it then he would be able to lower the price and if it were mass produced money would be saved.

i would write more but im real tired and i dnt realy know that much about retail, a few years back in school i did a static image project in which we had to advertise a product-i chose nova dreamer but renamed it lucid eXistenZ (after the movie) - did a poster sized advertisment with the nova dreamer in the center and a corney catch phrase like “the ultimate eXpereinZ ever” or similar. The poster had the impression of a gaming machine add. i got exellence for it(yahoo!!!)
anyway talk to me people lets make this our little focus group- would you buy it? do you think average jow would like it? what angle should be taken when advertising it?
i dont own a nova dreamer but the price and unavailability is a huge put of for me(i dont own a credit card and although i could buy other ways its too much hassle)
peace out and much appreciated!

I’d buy it, I think people would buy it in droves if advertised right and much cheaper.

I’m susprised they haven’t

Nah I don’t think anyone would buy it… and if they don’t buy it the makers can’t mass-produce.

infection0, I think it’s almost worth the current price if you don’t take into account the fact that you can get LDs without it. They don’t need to say “by the way, you can get the same thing for free” on the packet.

If it was ever mass produced it would probably be made out to be a mircle machine for awesome dreams…probably be made out to seem as though lucid dreams were like super dreams and that using the nova dreamer would be making good use of your sleeping time.
who knows?
how much do you think it would be to produce one of the nova dreamers with everything taken into account (electronics e.c.t.)?

If you think about each one, and not the cost of developing it - maybe $130 including transport, packaging, assembly and raw materials. Ish.

The other costs are legal (patent? trademark? copyright?), marketing, development and testing, setting up the factory etc., and… that’s about it.

so how much could it retail at? with all costs included and a reasonable income for lucidity instatute?
by the by what currancy is that price in?

My idea: LaBerge is a brilliant scientist, but a poor businessman.

And to be honest, I am glad it’s not the reverse :wink:

Um, AMERICAN dollars of course, not australian or canadian.

It was really a very rough estimate, mind. I don’t know much about this stuff.