Morals in dreams

For instance you might be semi-lucid or whatever we call it, where you know you’re dreaming but you’re not thinking properly (not fully awake perhaps) and you do some actions without thinking as in a normal dream (ND).
I don’t think you would then be responsible.

I have found that I my ethics do sometimes show themselves in my NDs. I am a veggie, and I once cried when I was served a steak in my dream :cry: . Also I met this gorgeous guy (as you do!) in a ND, who liked me very much. Unfortunately, I recalled that I was married and I turned him down.

My lucid self is freer, but I have never tried killing anyone else or hurting them - it just doesn’t appeal to me. I do seem to loose a lot of ties to the world in LDs and I no longer feel constrained to ‘act properly’. I don’t know if others feel the same, but rules no longer seem to matter, because I know my actions cannot do anyone any harm - it is all in my head.

I decided to add an example of what I mean by this: On Saturday, I had this lucid dream where I was in control to some degree. I pictured myself on the edge of a mine and decided to throw myself into it. (My subconscious had made an excuse that I was about to be captured by some evil people and this was my only way out - which I knew wasn’t real). I made a fully lucid decision to jump in ‘so that I would not be caught’. IRL suicide is something which I believe is morally wrong chiefly because of the hurt and misery it causes to those ‘left behind’.

my innocent opinion…
is that you are your true morals… without the constraints of other peoples…

i figure that because there is no social restraints i can do anything without worrying about my ethics or morals, i do things like push strangers over and try to kick people i dislike in the head…but there is sum stuff like crazy assd murder i wouldnt attempt…because its wrong.

Exactly. Morals and ethics is meant for inter-person relations. A dream does only involve you and your unconscious so there are no reasons for it.

I have not wished to do something immoral yet in an LD. But in my ND’s i do bad things quite often. Anything from shoplifting to assaulting and raping innocent DC’s. I still feel guilt afterwards in the dream.

Just a reminder, remember that guy who posted that he had used an analog clock (with hands) to do an RC? I don’t know how he managed, but somehow he was awake and thought he was dreaming. He asked a random girl in the library to give him a blowjob. Something to think about before you start chopping down people with the kitchen knife in your dream :smile:

1 Like

woah at story about blowjob watch dude!!! imagine that!!!

had a look in an old dream diary today-saw a ld where i had tried to shoot these random dcs with ble light from my fingers, didnt work…maybee it didnt work because of my morals-what if i had blowen those people apart-not sure how i would feel about that?
but cause i couldnt shoot them i ended up pushing one of them into the rest so they fell over like dominoes-much more fun.

If I was going to go on a rampage, I’m going to do it with something a mite more powerful than a kitchen knife.

…say a rail gun or a two-handed semi-automatic gamma ray projector. :good:

I strongly belive in exercising some kind of morals in my dreams. Otherwise I’m attacked by “dream police” - a force that tries to bust me for killing people, robbery and so on :tongue:

And it ruins a lot of my normal and lucid dreams :cry:

In an LD, the dream police came after me for trying to go through a mirror. I imagined up a set of uzi’s and shot at them, but I forgot to give the guns bullets!

Morals dont really effect my dreams. They dont really effect me IRL that much either. I dont do drugs, but I do drink and I have never been drunk in a dream (that i can remember atleast). My plan in my next LD is to go hunting for my old french teacher (who is from france) through the school.

This is ridiculous - if I make a computer in the dream world, I expect it to haev all the right pieces. Why not with an uzi?

You should be punishing your subconcious. :devil:

Where is that post? I couldn’t find it. Can you post a link?
:help:

oh my sub-c has been more than punished. lol

Next time it will be more simple. a sword.

Its kind of like that saying “be careful what you wish for.” Ill end up thinking “sword in my hands now” and it will be made of rubber. :sad: I guess sometimes you have to define all of the details of the object you are creating.

I want to do this in my next lucid dream:

1. Rub my hands together and make the dream last longer, then do it everyonce in a while
  2. Conjure up marijuana and get high off of it, then while the joints lit conjure up an uzi (I wanna be able to conjure stuff up at will, so its easy to change my weapon!)
  3. Then, ill go out in the city and just shoot people randomly, especially cars.
  4. I wanna steal a car then do some drive by’s

Hehe. And about dream avengers, lol I want the challenge. I mean, I like to play grand theft auto.

Also, these dream charactesr are not real. And, so your not really killing anything, so its not wrong. Saying its wrong is like saying its wrong to shoot at a picture of someone. I mean, the reason I dont do bad shit in life is casue I actually care about the other people. And, in the dream life I dont cause thier not real, and when I awake the whole entire dream world will be gone. So, these dream characters will die even if I kill them or not! lol!

Also, I wanna overcome some fears. So, in my dream, one of my goals is, is to not be scared to get in a gun battle. and actually, that would be funner to do that just go on a rampage, I mean I wanna actually fight other peolpe with guns hehe.

I would just expect to find some in a drawer in the dream. Or you could break into someone’s house to steal some. It would be interesting to smoke some and then do it in waking life and compare the difference (no i have never smoked marijuana).

As an experiment, in one lucid dream I decided to do a heinous act to see if I would feel guilty. There was a baby in the room, so I kicked it like a soccer ball at the wall (in hindsight it looked REALLY funny!). Suprisingly, despite the fact I was fully aware that it wasn’t RL I was deeply affected by it.

I get italian mafia dream avenegers if I do anything over the top like killing tonnes of DCs

Ah, the morals question!

Do you refrain from doing things because it is immoral, or because you are afraid of the consequences?

LD offers the ultimate test of how true you are to your set of morals. It is a consequence free environment. Nobody but your concience needs to know about your transgressions.

Personally I find that I have guilt about certain wrongdoings, but not others. Eg. killing someone bothers me… until I remind myself, that its just a figment of my imagination anyway (hopefully !)

My morals usually affect me in whatever state I’m in: IRL, ND, and I know they will in LDs. Anyway, I’ve done things in dreams I wouldn’t do IRL and when I do them I wake up and I always feel really bad. I wouldn’t do that to myself in an LD because I’d feel worse knowing that I did something I could have kept myself from doing.

For me it’s like doing something IRL in the privacy of your own room. Even though no one else knows about it, do you feel guilty afterward? For me it’s the same in dreams. When I manage to LD I don’t plan to go up to someone and kick the crap out of them for no reason. However, I’ve considered making up a scenario where I play the heroine and possibly kick the crap out of the bad guy. It’s all about reason. Personally, I’m more about flying, exploring under water, and possibly practicing what I’ve learned in Judo so I don’t strain another tendon like I did Wednesday.