You know you've been lucid dreaming too long, when...

Every time your watch battery runs down, you start flapping your arms.

No attractive member of the opposite sex reading a foreign newspaper is safe.

:grin: These are great! You guys are so creative :peek:

=> You know the difference between MILD WILD WBTB…
=> You give up putting on makeup because it takes too much of your morning time that you could be writing in your DJ
=> During a ‘goal setting’ class at school you write under short term goals ‘Fly, morph into an animal, complete WILD…’ with no explanation to your teacher
=> Instead of writing notes during boring classes you try and explain LDing to your neighbor, no matter who they are

lol at WaNnAbE - Are those from experience or just your imagination?

=> People regard you as an LD fountain of knowledge, and you can rattle off your “all-the-RCs” routine, including actually doing the RCs, in under 1 minute.

I ahve found that most people find RCs the most interesting thing about lucid dreaming… I dunno why.

lol lmao I haven’t laughed so hard in a while! ahahahah
you guys are too funny

My cheeks are starting to hurt, from experience this is a time to read more later…

=> You start threatening your teacher at a crucial exam by yelling that you’ll morph him into a cockroach if he doesn’t kiss your feet right now.
=> You try jumping through a mirror, taking a LONG running start.
=> You start to unscrew your legs in the middle of a supermarket.
=> People say you’re a desperate loser because you keep. repeating “behind this door I’ll find Britney Spears” everytime you stand in front of a door.
=> Someone serves you a summons because you keep harassing people with idiotic behaviour such as jumping around and dancing in the middle of a restaurant while crying and shouting that you’re dreaming.
=> The vice squad arrests you on a charge of … well, you can fill in the rest I guess :tongue:
=> Your mom starts freaking out because guys in big heavy white suits storm into the house, carrying Geiger counters which make this kinda strange ticking noise…
=> Doctors carry you away in a straitjacket because you kept grabbing for the sun in public.

=> You watch X-man for insperation.
=> You have beaten the crap outta Neo, Trinity, Morphius, Agent Smith, the white guys and Neobi. All at the same time.
=> You go to bed at 7:30pm sharpish.
=> You set your school on fire, and laugh at all the silly DCs running around on fire. And then you take a RC…
=> You buy a dictionary, and constantly quote the word ‘lucid’ to your freinds.
=> You staple your eyelids shut.

…while reading somthing you put your finger on it. expecting a small little pop up bubble with explain it to you.

=> When there’s an earthquake at night you’re happy because “you finally feel the vibrations”.
=> You live on a diet of B-vitamins, mint thea and Calea Z.
=> You’re broken because you spent all your money on NovaDreamer, LD books and brainwave CD’s. And you don’t care about it.
=> You lose your job, wife and friends because the only thing you do is surfing on this forum.
=> You steal babies in the local maternity home and sacrifice them to PasQuale :tongue:
=> Your wife leaves you because she read your dream diary and found out about your nightly sexual escapades.
=> You don’t understand why everybody except you thinks Waking Life is a boring movie.
=> You’re convinced lucid dreaming marks the beginning of a new era, and the end of all suffering.
=> You stopped reading magazines and newspapers and watching television because “they never mention lucid dreaming”. As a consequence, you miss the news about World War III. You think the H-Bomb falling on your head is the beginning of a spontaneous WILD.

=> You WILD as soon as you lay down and close your eyes
=> You only have REM-sleep
=> You become lucid as soon as you enter REM-sleep
=> Your visualization skills are so good that when you think it looks just like real life
=> You only have super high-level LD’s
=> You are Lucidity_master or Pedro :tongue:
=> You can sleepwalk when you LD
=> You KNOW what you will dream about tonight
=> You have seen every movie and read every artice about LD or dreams

=> when you find a ‘master list of lucid dreaming links’ on the internet you realise that you’ve been to them all
=> you start learning another language just so that you can learn about lucid dreaming from people who speak it
=> It REALLY bothers you when you cannot remember your dreams in the morning
=> You spontaniously dance for joy in the middle of school because you just remember your super-cool lucid dream that you had last night
=> you start staring at other peoples hands, counting their fingers, to make sure that your counting fingers reality check will work

[i]… you charge into your housemate’s bedroom at 6 am, shake him awake and yell “Pete, what’s the password?! Do you remember the password?!?” (after a mutual-dream attempt)

… you wake up, go downstairs, tell everyone about the amazing lucid dream you just had, then wake up again
[/i]

… whenever you switch on a light only for the bulb to have blown, you yell “at last, another ld!” excitedly and hurl yourself face first into a large mirror

I have done all 3 :content:

=> You have a pill case with a set of LD drugs by your bed and it has pill sets for every day of the week
=> Your pill case can’t hold all your pills
=> You punch a random person in the face and wonder why he kicks your ass
=> You try to put your hand in the tv and get shocked badly
=> The cops know that its not pot :wink:
=> You wright a paper for your teacher on lucid dreaming
=> you get an A on said paper
=> Your homepage is www.ld4all.com (mine is :wink: )
=> You ask your sister for money to help further your lucid dreaming studys
=> You have your own lab

That’s so cool, I should get one of those!!

I got mine at a 1$ store.

You spend so much time in the internet reading about LD-ing, there is too little time left to actually sleep.
When the boy/girl you have been drooling over finally asks you out, you reply: “How did I get here? Am I supposed to be here”
Or you tell him/her “You look even greater IRL!”

You spend so much time in the internet reading about LD-ing, there is too little time left to actually sleep.

Hahaha! By the way, lists are done like this:

=> You do the breathing RC (hold-your-nose) until you are physically struggling for air

:thumbs: to you all!

=> You have concussions regularly due to attempting to walk through walls.
=> You can’t do any homework because “it keeps changing!”
=> You know that they’re after you.

This whole thread is great, but after reading the title again: You Know You’ve Been Lucid Dreaming Too Long. . ., I realized that there’s no such thing as LDing too long. I hope to LD till the day I die! :tongue:

It’s my thread, and I get to choose the title :razz:.

:mrgreen_hat: