I have to ask something, honestly.

That to me sounds like an ND from a 1st person perspective with the illusion of control, in which case nearly all my dreams are like that but it’s not lucidity. Could you be a little more detailed in how you mean?

Note the huge use of jargon here :smile: I don’t know about this “illusion of control” thing, could you explain?

All I can say is that I can tell that I am dreaming in the dream. I remember realizing I am dreaming. I have had fairly normal dreams in which I am in a class or something, but I can just tell that I an dreaming and start warping things. Changing walls to monsters or people into food, etc. Basically anything I want at the time.

I suppose that could be true, I don’t remember all my dreams…

No I’m not. I’m just another person. Stay on topic.

Yes. I can’t remember any of them at the time of posting this, but I know I have had them, and that is what they are like. I have no part in it, I don’t make any decisions or anything. I just watch stuff.

I also talk in my sleep. I don’t think this has to do with dreams, but I’m just throwing that out as a possible inclusion to this hypothesis.

Additional Question: How does one make oneself sleep deeper?

Try LD stabilization techniques, like spinning or rubbing your hands.

When you realise your dreaming and you can change walls into monsters and people into food, is there any sort of thrill?

I know when I have even the shortest LDs I get an amazing thrill from having unlimited control on the world I’m in. E.g. I became lucid in a dream when at a beach. I thought there was something strange about the waves washing up on the sand and thought to my self “maybe I’m dreaming” and then I looked at the sky (which was a normal sky blue but with no clouds) and thouhgt " If I am dreaming, I will be able to change stuff" so while looking at the sky, I made it change to a night sky with brilliant bright stars and the moon. When I did this I got a great thrill but then then I forgot I was dreaming and went on to other stuff.

Hey cool, my repeated posting of this site at Squidi.net finally paid off :cool:.

In the (very) few Lds that I’ve had, I haven’t been able to feel my eyelids. And the sky was cool (purple and amber swirling into each other… though it made me feel sick to look at…).

I’m not sure how you could sleep deeper… maybe try the staberliserws (as mentioned) or try on of the Ld techniques (RCs, MILD, WILD, VILD, WBTB etc)?

Yea, despite it happening fairly often, there is always a thrill at being able to do absolutly anything.

I have no idea what that is.

I’ve had one LD that, at the end of it, a dream character kept yelling at me to open my eyes (I had them closed in the dream and, of course, in reality), so I did (in the real world).

Hey 395.

If you are capable of thinking “wow this lucid dream is great! I must remember it and post it on ld4all when I wake up”-type thoughts then yes I’d say you were having lucid dreams.

And yes it IS difficult for most people. I never had one until finding this site and training myself.

So you are very skilled at this, or at least lucky! To change and improve your dream scenes try different techniques: spinning, jumping into a tv, through a mirror, rubbing your hands etc. The possibilities are endless.

Yeah,you can definately consider yourself natural talent:)
Most of us got to do many fussy things to get even one a month.
As for the deeper sleep-alcohol and pot makes it deeper but that is not advisable for lucid dremer.I guess that if you`re so skilled in this field you wouldnt have much problems hypnotysing yourself into deep sleep.Just lread around if u neveer tried it.
good luck
Ps.I envy you as hell!!!:slight_smile:

I don’t remember my dreams so well, though. Last dream I remember (yes, it was lucid) was a week or two so ago. I should try out the dream log thing.

Take out the w in my post.

A staberliser (just so you know, i’m guessing at the spelling) or something you do to, well, staberlise the dream whilst lucd :content:.

Try:

Staring at your hands
Spinning around
Demanding that the dream should be more lucid

Please don’t order me to stay on topic. Stuff here usually deviates quite a lot from the original topic and statistically, if you have nothing special about you that you know of, you’re more likely to find something special later on.

aha! i am onto a theory now that some people are born with this brain thing or something that makes them sleep lightly so some people are born with the ld gift! you could maybe even inheret it!

Sorry, didn’t really mean to offend, it’s just not something I wanna talk about.

On a side note, when I have dreams I remember now that are lucid (like my one last night) I get much more excited and when I do wake up my heart is beating horribly :neutral:

Um… this theory is news?

Haha 395, you were better off not knowing all the stuff you could do in LD’s! We have given you the too-excited-to-LD curse!

Only joking. You’ll get used to being in an LD with all those possibilities and not waking up. Besides, once you wake, you can try WILD or VILD.

Nah, I get my full night’s sleep, it’s just now that it’s supposed to be special to be able to control your dreams and there are all these experiments people are trying to perform I feel that I, as a horribly regular LDer, have a duty to memorize and perform all the experiments I can.

You guys have put unnecessary pressure on me :bored:

Just do one a night. Please.

i know 2 people who have been able to control their dream all their life, one of them says they have problems keeping hold of the dream, and the other has been able to strongly control their dreams from a young age. Unfortunatly i cant :sad:.

Yep, I also found out a few days ago that one of my best friends has always been able to control his dreams, that until then he never realised it was unusual, and that he usually has about one a night. He can tell he is dreaming just by ‘sensing’ certain things, and ‘realising’ that certain things couldn’t occur in RL, like by looking at people’s faces. How lucky are some people! And i’ve asked enough questions to know he really is lucid dreaming. Now that he realises it’s a special talent he’s really got into the whole lucid dreaming thing, and is trying out loads of stuff. So anyone with this talent should be grateful, I bet most people here would love to have such a talent!

Interesting.

395, in answer to your original question, LD’ing is “hard” for most people in that it usually takes some kind of practice or learning in order to have LD’s every night. Many people here also LD naturally, but it isn’t that often.

Some people never had an LD until they came to this site and learned how to make it easier for them. It seems to be on a spectrum, and you are far on the other end. If you naturally have LD’s all the time, then you need no training to have them, though I can promise you that you will benefit by taking in some of the ideas that have been developed from this diverse group we have here.

I have had LD’s naturally my whole life, but they might be once every few weeks. I never thought that I was unusual in this, but since not every dream I had was an LD, I recognized that LD’s are special. If every dream you remember is an LD, you’re coming from a very different perspective than most, and it’s probably been hard for you to understand what a non-lucid dream is. :cool: