}
div.s
{
position: relative;
top: -10px;
left: 10px;
z-index:1;
}

put class=“f” on the top one and class=“s” on the second one.

Of course, the “top” for div.s has to be the height of div.f (i.e. the top image)

it did something, the top image disappeared, it still doesn’t work the way it should :cry:

they won’t show on top of each other… could it be that the java applet doesn’t allow images at top of it?

Possible. What’s this applet anyway?

Eek… pasQuale just ran off!

no i’m here

i tested it with two images but that doesn’t work either.

and i’ve seen it done somewhere but i cannot find that page anymore :angry:

:help:

thanks r3m0t for the help.

i give up for now, i hope someone can help me out.

i hate it when i have an idea and i cannot realize it :angry:

A little research brings about this unfortunate Google Groups posting:

(Click here for complete thread)

We all weep for pasQuale! :cry:

pasQuale, as I asked, what is the java applet? Maybe there’s an alternative :smile:.

Tell me anyway!

ah thanks atheist!

ok well… um… yeah. hmm no cool effect then on the new site :grin:

darn.

HELLO? Q! TELL ME! I’M GOING TO DIE!

Sorry. :cry:

i don’t want to spoil the surprise! maybe i can get it to work with a different applet which allows an image on top of it.

i know it can be done b/c i have seen it! (and as i said before i cannot find that page anymore but i won’t rest until i have it)

lol and maybe then i will throw it away b/c it takes up too many data to have an easily accessible page.

ah well we are still in the designing stage :content:

What, you want a menu? :smile: Don’t worry, I won’t tell. peers around the Lounge and speaks up I won’t tell!!

i’ve heard of putting jave applets over a window so if you hover a mouse over the image you get water effects and other similar things but never an image over the java applet.

if the applet coding is similar to the one from anfy then this link might be of interest.

anfyteam.com/anj/plasma/plasma3.txt

WAHEY!!! it worked :cool_laugh:

:bounce:

now i’m happy

lol

oh this is gonna be so cool! :grin:

Thanks DM, you have almost read my mind :peek: i now have an applet which allows an overlay image, the one i had previously didn’t allow for that.

How did I miss this thread completely?! :eek:

well technodreamer here is your big change for eternal fame :happy:

ok i’m working on the menubar for the new ld4all. I have it all worked out. But i cannot program it myself.

i have d/l about 13 different menubuilder progs and neither of them does what i want :neutral:

so… if anyone either knows a good free dhtml javascript menu maker please tell me where to find it.

or: maybe you can program it that would be utra cool. :cool:

what i need is:

horizontal menubar, relative centered position. Overlay possible with another menubar; uses images only with mouseover effects. And of course has to work in all dhtml capable browsers. :help:

You don’t want much do you?? :cool:

While I admit to being 99% clueless when it comes to DHTML, I do know a cool site you may like to look at. The site has a few ‘primo’ DHTML scripts. There are a couple of menu scripts which can be fully viewed in working examples online. You’d know more about this stuff than I do so here’s the address for you to have a look at:
twinhelix.com/

Hope you see something there that you like.
They have a support forum for questions, bug fixes etc, so maybe they can help you find what you are looking for.

:wink:

Fey~

thanks fey :happy:

i’ve taken a look at it and i have to have a real clear mind to comprehend that one and tweak it to what i want. But it looks promising, i’ll give it a shot :smile:

I like the way how it is commented and the forum is indeed helpful :smile:

btw: i like your new sig :clap:

it is working it is working :cool_laugh:

i’m so happy :mrgreen_hat:

thanks again fey! woohoo!!!

:grin:

sorry you have to wait a while before it all goes online :tongue:

:cool: Hehee…U like my sig? I like your sig…thats why I copied your idea.

Wow!! I knew that link would come in handy one day.
Hope it all works out just how you planned it.

fey / reality.failure