Woah... that's never happened before... a quesiton...

Right. Have you ever tripped over in a dream, and awoken just as you hit the floor with a jolt? Yeah, it’s a quite a nasty feeling.

Well, anyway, last night in bed. I was happily saying to my self, ‘I will dream. I will be aware that I am dreaming.’ over and over. My body was relaxed.
I felt myself drifting off to sleep, and day dreams began to play on the blackness of the inside of my eyelids.
In one, I tried to jump over a chair (dunno why…), and my foot caught it and I tripped.

But I was awake when it all happened.

My body spasm and my heart missed a beat or two. Afterwards, my heart was beating too fast for me to give it another go.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Yeah, that’s happened to me before. If I’m not mistaken, you were half awake and half asleep. I remember it happening to me a lot when I’m sick w/ like a fever or something and trying to sleep… I’m half asleep and half awake for a long time, and have these weird dreams where I fall or something similar, and my body spazzs out at the same time as I wake up. I could see my arms and legs flyin up. Weird feeling, but ur not alone. :smile:

Yes, but it usual happens when I fall over, or something smashes into me. Or sometimes, HI’s are unpleasent and it jolts me awake.

When I was running many miles each week training for the track team, I almost always experienced that I was running during the hypnogogic falling asleep time. And usually didn’t realize it until often I tripped and startled awake.
I wish I still had a more consistent HI experience like it was when I was running, because I bet you could learn to recognize it and use it as a path to WILD into a LD.
Peace,
Sruthan

Deffinitly, I don’t like those one bit, It’s exactly the same for me every once in a while just I don’t trip I just like fall into nowhere and I really felt like I was falling off a cliff or something and then I wake up really fast and like freak out for a split second, enough to make my heart skip a beat like you said and make it start beating so fast that going to sleep is even hard for a bit.