Dream Items

Ive had so many dreams where ive had items of awesome power, mainly weapons though :neutral: though there have been a couple of weird ones. Im pretty sure everyone else has dreams where they have something(s) cool, and am interested in hearing about them. Heres a couple of mine

I once had a dream where i had this sword made out of rock. I know something like that should just totally smash , but anyways in the dream i was on a quest and went into this room/house that had collapsed into a big pit or something, and i was to eliminate all these little acid slime things. You know those marbles that are flat on one part? THATS what they looked like, anyways i would slice these little buggers, and ended up stomping them with my boots (i was in traveller garb or something lol) but then they coalesced together, i knew my boot would melt and i could not cut it without it moving back together, but lo and behold there was a toilet so i smashed that and the ooze died. lol yeah pretty funny in another part of the dream i came across another warrior with a steel japanese katana, we fought and i defeated him, we parted in honor and peace…anyways i named that dream (when i recorded it)…‘Ragnarock’ fitting eh? lol

In another dream i had earlier this week, i and another companion were mages (warlocks, sorcerers, etc), dressed in robes and each carrying a magical staff you know the drill. Anyways i at one point thought about how funny it would be to trip over a new staff, and boom it happened (like non-lucid dream manipulation maybe?)…my companion said that it needed to be ‘enchanted’ it had two purple globes one right above the other and it was like the stick part had grown around them it looked really cool, the globes had light purple mist inside…anyways in the dream death was following us around (hunched over, tattered dark robes, etc) and at that he showed up, held out his hand, i handed him the staff and he held it, the globes started to turn black…i realized i had to enchant it using my own mind and such, and so i focused and focused and was having trouble but then i somehow ‘realized’ darkness or something and boom it was done, death walks off. Anyways now my new staff, whenever i wielded it it would give off this thick black curling smoke into the sky. We thought this useful because we were on a quest for a book or something? and we were being pursued by others who wanted the book and wanted us dead. We came across the city, and so i used the power of my staff as we walked. Eventually the city was encased in very thick fog (no longer black) and i thought it was cool how it worked. There we were walking until we came across a burning building, and walked past that found more and more burning buildings and trees (no streets interestingly)…there we walked past them to the tunnels (strange tunnels like teleportation to places across the world) below the city (our destination) in total somber silence…listening to all the chaos and the people crying out… I at one point had tripped down, thinking nothing of it, my mind on the now burning city. It wasnt until later i realized that i had dropped my staff, and when i had gone back to look for it i realized that it was the staff that had caused the city to burn. So i let it go, found an old backpack (that was either mine or my companions) and returned to the tunnels… Now hows that for symbolism? Anyways the rest of the dream is irrelevant to the topic…But yeah thats the most vivid dream i have had in awhile…

Have any of you ever had a dream with a recurring item from another dream? Ive personally never had any dreams where i had an item that ive had in another dream…Also in LD’s ive never had items, though i dont have too many LD’s…

I just have to say I think dream items are so cool!

Anyways so how about your dreams of items of mystical/symbolic power?

Well I got a bo staff which sits next to my bed with me,

ive dreamt of using it to attack a burglar who broke into my house once,
and I dreamt of it again once in another dream, I was running with it but dont know where I was going and why, (I mean i dont remember),

-stranger

Whoa great dreams Sentient!
Some time ago I had a dream with lots of symbolism and recurring dream items. I copied it from my DJ:

26-11-2003

6h10: With a few friends I’m attending what seems to be a big conference. This conference takes place presumably in a giant hotel and we get there by train which apparently runs through the passage ways of the hotel. Bush Sr. and Jr. are also at the conference which surprises me because I’m not a big fan of the Bush-clan… Bush Jr. is actually sitting on my table. He looks the same as irl except that he has an unusual amount of nose hair YUCK.
For some reason we need to change our seats very frequently. After a while HP, a friend of mine, suddenly picks up the mike and speaks to the public (about 500 people). He asks for some chips and drinks and then asks me what I want. I’m perplexed in the beginning because now all the spots are pointing at me.
As a side note: irl I need to talk about a paper of mine to a public in about a week. It’s been a while since I had to speak before a audience so I intended to practice this a little bit in a LD. So I guess this explains a bit the situation I’m in in this dream. Unfortunately I wasn’t lucid here… This was such a good opportunity to practice it!.
After a long silence I utter “nothing”.
Then it seems like the CIA and FBI have hidden all the chips and drinks somewhere in the building. I take my gun (where the heck did this gun come from?) and enter a side-building in search for the (evil?) chips. I descend what looks like an medieval spiral staircase but when I reach the bottom, water is dripping from the roof and there are truly gigantic spiders everywhere. I freak out a bit and run back to the conference hall.
I’m not sure what happens there but after a while I intend to go home. Outside the hotel the landscape has changed and everything now looks like the Old Far West (Billy the Kid style). For some reason I correlate this view with the Matrix website. Those of you who know this site probably know that the site contains much backdoors, but you need codes/keys to enter them. So in this dream I notice a small grey door, a bit hidden from the rest. I peak through a nearby window and see 3 keys, 2 little pieces of plastic and 2 small papers hanging on the wall. I get extremely excited about this!! Now that I have the keys, I’ll be able to find the backdoor which contains the ultimate truth behind the Matrix movies. With a long stick I’m able to get those keys and I run back to the hotel. The train is still running along the passage ways and I slowly become prelucid. But I’m still highly extatic about these keys. It’s almost beyond words! I find some small wall safes but the keys don’t fit. Only after going through a few halls I find the right safe. In it there’s a paper. It reads: “Theory of Fermi” and it’s full of difficult calculations and such, but on the last page I read “Applications can be found in the special FX of Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions”. Another adrenalin rush runs through my veins. But it’s weird though, because I expected an explanation of the philosophy of the Matrix.
But there are still two keys left, so I quickly search on for the right safes. When I find the next one, an old man opens it for me. He takes out an old map or book and presses it to my chest with the words “Keep this against your body at any cost. Don’t let anyone else read its secrets!!” The old man leaves and finally I become lucid, albeit low-level. The moment I hold this map in a more normal way, some guy tries to steal it from me. I almost had to knock him down before I could move along. I’m still excited about all this and I concentrate on remembering this dream in allhis details when I wake up. I try to find a place where I could open the map but unfortunately I wake up too early…

7h16: I’m attending a biology class. We’re working with microscopes and from time to time I sip a little at a beautiful ancient gothic drinking horn. I’m concerned however because the horn is quite rusted and I don’t want to become sick during the exams. Perhaps I got lucid afterwards but I don’t recall this…
I wake up a bit but my body is still fully paralyzed and I feel myself literally sinking into my bed. Awesome! I kept sinking for quite some time and I accelerated this by imagining myself lying in an elevator. The next moment I’m back in Dreamland and I’m discussing my latest LD (from the 3 keys) with a friend of mine. HP kicks me from behind when I mention him but I assure him that I haven’t done anything to him in that LD Suddenly I become lucid again (high-lucid this time). In my pocket I still have the 3 keys from the previous LD and I decide to run away from my friends, just to see where this would lead. I seem to be back in some kind of hotel and in the distance I notice a light-blue door. I use the keys to open it. Behind the door is a small room. Everything has the same colour as the door, except for some white as well. There’s no furniture. Nothing at all. Except for… another light-blue door. I use the second key to open it, and I close it behind me. The next room is a copy of the previous room, but now there are two light-blue doors. But I have only one key left, so I have to choose which door to take. I remembered my intention to practice speaking before an audience, so I pick the left door and concentrated on finding a huge audience behind it. I put my hand on the doorknob… BUT I WAKE UP! Darn I was so angry… But I think there’s some hidden meaning in these two dreams. I don’t know what though…

I have had a many dreams like that.
But have you had a dream that you are something odd like a monster ???

Here is a dream from my DD.

Ok so last night I was staying awake for an hour for a WILD.
I thought why don’t I play some Silent hill 2 why I’m up
BAD IDEA.
But not what you might think.
My dream starts out walking down the streets.But they are all empty and I’m like what the hell?So I go into a bar and there is only one man there,His back to me.
I go up behind him to ask where is evryone.
But I can’t talk!!!
Insted I let out a growl.
The guy turns around and says “NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!”
I’m thinking what the ****?
He grabs a peace of wood and starts to come at me,So I run(like anyone would)
I get to the street and I see a ugly shambling monster takeing a casual walk down the street.(man I was confused)
So I dart into the nearest building,one one in it but me and a mirror.
I take a look in the mirror…I was one of the ugly monsters
(And for those who have played Silent hill 2 I was a patient demon and boy I was ugly)
So now I think what I should do.Sudenly the man from the bar busts in and hits me with the wood,so I bite him.
He grabs his arm and starts screaming bad words.
I run like hell itself was chaseing after me.
All the sudden I run into my ex Jamie
She looks at me and says “Boy James you really let yourself go!”
She then proseeds to take out a gun and shoot me in the thing that was my head.
THE END

Crazy no? :tongue:

I haven’t had any drams of having special items or being some sort of monster :neutral:.

Wow Mystic thats cool that youre dream items (the keys) actually carried over into another dream. Ive had dreams where i actually knew that i would lose the items but could not explain how, but just knew that i should enjoy such while i could. Wow if i ever become lucid with dream items, perhaps that would help prolong their existence. Then again it could be that dream items are mostly symbolic and arent really items but things that you learn from, like in my case the staff taught me some stuff about magic and basically power in general, that such usually has bad repurcussions one does not notice till later. Lol the matrix website ive never been there but ive seen the first two movies and they are pretty awesome. hmm as for hidden meaning, sounds like you werent really prepared for that speech or whatever. Or maybe it could be something to do with real life with the two doors being two different paths you could take? Or maybe im horribly off cuz i didnt dream it? :shy: but as for public speaking im not too fond of it either do you ever get points where you kind of just stop speaking or maybe just feel like its not you speaking like youre an observer all of a sudden?

Hey that stranger Bo staff dream reminds me of some sort of nightmare that i had not too long ago. Lets see in real life have this japanese katana that is kind of a piece of crap, i keep it sitting next to my bed in case we get burglarized or something (where we live, anything that we leave outside of any value tends to disappear). Anyways in the nightmare i was awake walking around my room in a cold sweat and i knew there was a great darkness descended upon our neighborhood, there were no sounds outside, it was like nightime with full moon light (you know the light blue light on the top of everything esp the street during a full moon) and so i look out my window to watch for this evil, hope that it would not come by my house. Sure enough i see it running down my street, a dark shadow silouhuette that makes no sound, the sight of which sends a very dark pang of fear and panic in my chest. It runs down my driveway (here i can see more detail and the shadow seems to be that of an alien fromt the movie Alien) and i turn away from the window, in horror. I kind of stand there for a second or two until i hear a few crashes and know its trying to get through the side-door and that it is probably fighting my dog. I grab the sword, unsheath it, and stand next to my door, seconds later it flies open and i do a downward swing, i stop the swing just above the creature sitting there that i find to be Dice, my dog. hehe funneh :shy:

As for that undead dream BioHazard thats pretty crazy ive never had a dream where there was some crazy twist like that. It does remind me of another dream though where there was this island and a bunch of undead, and this item, and well im not going to go into it, it was pretty horrible. (and ive probably bored you with that dream above)