Lucid Bar

Ok… Lets not count social things like dances or special events and things ok. Just normal everyday life. Last year I think I must have seen 2 people wearing kilts. Nobody does. I’m very proud to be Scottish, and I have a kilt. Most Scots do…but its for special occasions. And we dont go around eating haggis either lol. It’s like saying… umm I cant think of another national dress another country has… Well we aint as stereotypical as other people I’ve tlaked to…probably coz we GET most of the stereotypical crap lol. But I’m sure theres other national dress or national food in other countries which aint really used or eaten at all…its more just tradition.

Scotland is like England. Less people (therefore less neds :grin: but still too many in my opinion) and more hills. England is flat. Other than that it’s the same. People do the same things in the same kind of cities and towns and act the same.

Oh and we don’t talk like freaks. And we don’t walk around saying “Och aye the noo”. LOL!

I used to eat haggis a lot. I would have a haggis and tattie scone roll for lunch. So good, and so greasy, I don’t know how I’m so skinny.

Now I’m in England it isn’t so readily available.

Any back on topic, I don’t like most beer that much but I do like

Hoegaarden!

Served in it’sown special chunky glass, just because it’s so special.
And don’t be surprised if you’re asked if you want a slice of lemon in it.

Newcastle Brown is alright too.

However I tend to drink Tennant’s, Carling, John Smith’s and whatever else is cheap, in addition to spirits & mixers.

I hope there’s no confusion over cider, which is what American’s call apple juice, isn’t it?

I don’t know what you people call the sweet tasting slightly-more-alcoholic-than-beer drink favoured by the neds (non-educated delinquents) Pedro already mentioned, and underagers in general, as well as some others. I used to drink cider quite a lot (resulted in my first ever drunkenness, and did the same for many others) but I just can’t now.

I’m intrigued by this banana thing though…
Apparently Hoegaarden is a wheat beer. I never paid much attention to what was in it though… Are wheat beers white beers then? I’m confused…

Beer is alright, but american beer sucks. Budweiser and such, it’s all a bunch of junk. Even good beer isn’t that great. Hard liquor is wear the party is, need the wiskey. Shot for shot with your best friend till one of you hits the floor, that’s the way to go. They sleep over, and the next morning you both swear you’ll never drink again cause you feel so bad. Then you drink a few beers to lighten up your hangover, and by the time it’s evening again, you both are ready to go shot for shot again. Jack Daniels is ok. For Vodka, I go with absolut. :eek:

Well i never went to the beerfest :sad: , but i made a new great discovery of beer :cool_laugh: :happy: :smile:

I know i said i didnt like Heineken before, but I guess i can’t count out this great flavor that some might not be familar with. It’s not around in most of my stores, its called Heineken Dark. Well that flavor is great, if you love beer and like dark beer(ofcourse) you’ll love it. But i only could find it in 6-packs and not only that but it’s about 7-8$$$ :cool_laugh: If you wanna spoil yourself, sure why not :wink:

Alcohal tastes wayyyy too bitter :eek: I may have go to a bar with a giant bag of sugar… The best thing at a bar, though, is grenadeen(sp?) cheery juice I think. Mmmm its like pure sugar heh. That may be the best flavor ever…

Ahhh! Grenadine! that stuff wants to make me puke :wow: , well just a dash would be ok(in my coke). After i think about it, that’s what makes my Cherry coke :tongue: , but it also tastes like cough syrup :bored:

I used to use grenadine for a shot called flaming Jesus. Here’s a recipe for all you liquor guzzlers :beer: .

[color=darkred]Flaming Jesus[/color]
1.shot glass(ofcourse, dont make me hit you :tongue: )
2.[size=150]151[/size] [color=brown]Rum[/color]
3.[color=olive]Vodka[/color]
4. [color=green]Sweet lime juice[/color]
5. [color=red]Grenadine[/color]

What to do:
Fill about a 1/4 worth of Vodka in the glass, then the sweet lime and grenadine to about half-way of the glass. Then filled the rest up with 151. After that, light the drink up with a lighter. Let it light up and burn for about 10-15 seconds (or longer, it doesnt matter) blow the flame out and shoot the drink and welcome to the Garden of Eden. I used to love these shots, but now-a-days, beer is just on my menu :grin:

Vodka martini. Shaken, not stirred.

You liked it water down too?Just like Bond heh :content: My friend thinks less of Bond, just because its shaken :tongue: (Don’t ask :lmao: , well you can )

oh yea and my next favorite drink is a HolyBartender.heh

Well you set me off on a quest for banana juice.

I managed to find some, and I tried your mixture today.

Thought it was nice. I had about 2 pints of it.

We shall see if it has a bonus effect on LDing…

Attention Beer Drinkers, Lend me your eyes!
I’ve tried several Beers, and I’m looking for a new brand, a new taste, a new flavor. I obviously want something New :grin: Im a dark beer person, i like to drink beers like Killans, Yuengling, Amberbock, Honey Brown, New Castle, Dos Equis, Heineken Dark, pretty much anything on the dark side.

I’ve tried a couple of new Brands like Flying Dog, Red Hook, Hidden River, and Sierra Nevada. There ok, not that best. Out of all of them, i kind of like Hidden River, it has that inquiring taste.

Well, im sure alot of you don’t like beer and some that are from different countries and have so much more of an selection. But here in America, im limited to Budweiser to the BEAST. If you don’t know what the BEST is, don’t ask :bored: I can find some different brands time to time, but i want your help so i can size down the regret of choice. Help me out Beer drinkers, this is Vital :cool_laugh: , give me your thoughts.

Try the dark one from Schwabenbräu
And although it isn´t dark, you should also take a bottle of Rothaus - Eiszäpfle

So much choices to make, I get really confused with all the brands available here :beer: :puh:

tapir :wink: ´

Where I live there’s not that many different beer’s to choose from. Some stores do have a lot of different ones, but they are alot more expensive. So I usually go for the cheaper ones. Here one beer is about 1 euro.
The only beer that I like is Lapin Kulta. Translated that would be “the gold of lapland”. Btw, I havn’t met a dark beer yet that I like. Maybe I have only tasted the bad ones.

As it says on the way in here, grab a drink.

Just curious as to what everyones favourite beer is, or alcoholic drink for that matter.

I just had a job interview and treated myself to a pizza and a couple of tallys of VB. Victoria Bitter. Its no prize brew, but its the beer that i drink.

What about for everyone else?

clown

Well im only 15 and i dont drink much but i like smirnof(i think thats how you spell that).

There are loads of beers i like, but i do not really have a favorite in particular. We have a local beer here called Dahls. This is a beer/pils that has been brewed here since 1856 which i think is quite decent, even though the bottle is quite ugly.

I absolutely LOATHE beer, but I have a fondness for strawberry daiquiris! :smile:

I don’t like beer, nor alcohol …

But this is my dad’s favorite beer

There is an old topic began by Hubbs here [Lucid Bar) “The Lucid Bar” :beer: (it included other drinks too, so I haven’t merged the two topics together.)

edit (couple of hours later)
since someone has now bumped the other topic … I have merged them together

… and clown :wave: … the beer :beer: varieties don’t change that much over three years :tongue: [/b]

an old topic from 2003? get with the times moogle :razz:

thomas, we have pils in australia. infact just today i was walking down the street and randomly saw a pils bottlecap, i havnt seen pils beer in a long time. wierd coincidence. made me want to buy a couple of brews after my interview was finnished.

fadem iv never heard of that beer, but iv tasted some good euro beer before. your only 16? maybe liking beer/alcohol will come with age.