whats ur worst childhood nightmare

I had some weird dream that was reccuring when i was younger, i think it also had sumtin to do with OOBE’s as well.

I would be lying in bed and then suddenly the ceiling would spin with all these cool colours. but then this voice inside my head would get louder and louder and echo. then all these playign cards would be going around above my head…this was when i freaked and got outa bed and ran along the corridor…i would be looking behind me and i would see this wave of carpet coming toward me with teeth until i made it to my parents room and jumped into bed…but the weirdest thing about this dream or watever it was, was that when i jumped into my parents bed i didnt wake up or anything…it was as tho it really happened cos my parents woke up when i jumped on their bed…scariest thing and i was only like 5 as well

The best thing about my nightmares was that they were never reoccuring.I never had reoccuring dreams,which could be why I don’t remember too many of them.Oh well…

I do remember one(mostly because of Paul’s avatar)that I had about 4 years ago.I was 10 so I don’t know if it counts as a childhood dream.

Anyway as I remember it I was at this party at camp and I was with this adult.He was at this party because he got in an argument with his wife.His wife and son are in the next cabin over.I tell the guy that he should go apoligize because his kid misses him.He agrees and I decide to take a short hike through the woods.

When I come back to the place where the parties happening I can see green light inside the windows(which is never a good sign).I run inside the building and see these two scientists(one really short one and one really tall one)holding a box with wires attached to the walls.They’re electrocuting the people inside the main room and turning them into gold.I run past them and rip the wires out of the wall.The two guys behind me are now being turned into gold.I run up to them and push them over.They break into a million pieces.I go inside the room where the people were having the party.They’re all dead,including my family.

I run outside to get help.That’s when I see the man.

I’ve never had a really scary dream…though I used to have loads about aliens wanting me to lpay games, and if I lost I died…that was wierd, but not scary. I have creepy dreams, that make me go cold, and make my head itch, and I feel naucious when I think about them (where hair falls out and I can see little thick hair spot things on my scalp…or my teeth are falling out and I can see through my rotting gums, or my eyes are filling up with blood from a leak in my head, and my iris’s are kind of crumbling…eeeuugh :sad: )
I always woke myself up when I could feel myself going into a night mare…I could hear myself shouting “wake up liz, its a dream wake up” and I would…which is really annoying for me, cos I really want to have a REALLY scary dream to write in my DJ.

i had a reacurring nightmare where i was at a beach and suddenly the water caught my legs and the current was really strong, and even though i run towards the sand dunes i cant get any grasp and spent the whole dream trying to get away from the water.

used to always have this till i told my mum about it and she told me when i was little we had been at a beach and a huge wave had sucked me out, luckily my grandmother caught me before i realy got suckd out, i was about 2 when this happened and i dont remember it at all but but once my mum told me this i never had the dream again.

When I was about 6 I dreamt that every inch of my room was covered with bugs (beatles, spiders, woodlice etc.). It was really dark, almost as if the creatures had blocked out any light. My feet were bare so I was too frightened to step out of bed. I couldn’t even see the carpet. They were everywhere, crawling up the bed sheets towards me :cry:

when i was young i had a re-occuring nightmare for a few years, must have happend 4-5 times, anyways, its been a very long time since ive had it but ill try and explain it here…

i am standing in the middle of a big room with lots of people that are quite a bit bigger then me surounding me. on stage there is a floating black ball with a gold strip around his middle and there were some more balls behind him. the gold striped ball begins speaking into a microphone… like dictating to the crowd of people, all of the sudden i am singled out of the crowd and everyone is looking at me, i start to run to the door and imediatly the floating balls are right behind me trying to catch me but cant quite catch up, i run for a while down a side walk passing people who just stare at my as i am being chased by these black balls, eventually i am surrounded by them, they close in on me and i wake up in a cold sweat everytime…

to tell you the truth, i hope i have this nightmare again! its been so long and almost feels like a part of my childhood

peace and sweet dreamin

My worst one I had few times is an abstract dream nightmare, hard to describe: spheres expanding and contracting, part of a system, intense discomfort, zooming in and out, space. Second one: in total darkness emptiness of mind, able to move but no body, could be here for eternity, panic and wake!
Also: Aliens (from the movie) escaping, terrifying feeling.

isn’t that annoying! I also start floating when trying to run, have to wait. I tried leaning way forward to push back, rarely worked hah

Killaklown: for myself waves and floods is symbolic of vibrations, usually end up watching towering waves when I don’t hit the vibes during failed WILDs

It does’t sound really scary but my worst nightmare went like this:
A boy had his head on a little wall and i constantly hit my head against his. Eventually his head fell off and i got the shivers. And then i woke up.
(Long time ago since i’ve been on this forum :content: I read more on the dutch forum)

haha this post is still alive, that was my old name a long time ago

The worst nightmares are really, really horrible for me, they’re pretty abstract too. I usually get them when I’m really ill.

I hear this really high, high noise - like the TV on mute. I see shapes and stuff really sharp. Last time, there was this thing where you had to fit some rectangles into a big one - I could see the whole solution, it was huge. Even when I sat up (yes I was awake) the screeching would go on and on and I would step outside my room into the blinding light to go down and get a drink. One time I went down (this I’m not so sure if it was a dream or not) and my dad talks way too loud (just sounded loud to me as a sick person) suggesting he makes an avocado sandwich (he likes doing that sort of thing for me sometimes) but I feel he’s walking in the wrong way, not according to the solution. Everything fits together, stuff is rotating in my head and everything. I stumble back up to bed and face the hallucinations in the dark of a bedroom.

It’s horrible, really!

The one i remember is a reoccuring dream i had when i was perhaps 3-6 years old.

It always started in kindergarden and my mom was late to pick me up. Tehn they would tell me she wasn’t coming and that she was dead. And my dad would become really bad and mean to my and my sister from there on for the rest of the dream.

I thought everyone had that dream when they were little. I had it a few times more when i was a little older maybe 7-9.

another dream i had when i was little was that i went to my moms room and she would attack me and hert me, i had this dream acouple of times, and some of the time i was blinded, i dont know why tho, i tryed my hardest to wake up

another one was it was night time and i was in my living room and when i made loud nocies my mom would come down very mad and attack me i had that dream acouple of times

i had servel dreams when my mom hert me, i dont know why tho

I had a repetitive childhood nightmare. It would come to me about once a year. I would be outside of my house in my driveway, my house looked pitched baclk inside. When I went in no one was there, even though I expected my family to be there because I felt I had just come out of the house and when I turned it was dark and empty. I went in and it was dark, i opened my parents door and I saw a shadow of some sort of creature, then I usually woke up with my heart racing and still freightened because I knew I had had the same dream before. Doesn’t sound scary but you know how scary nightmares are to you personally.

When I was younger I used to have a lot of nightmares. The most frightening ones where when I had a high fever. But I don’t remember any of them anymore. My nightmares might have something to do with the fact that I was watching a lot of movies when I was younger. I watched the scaryest movie I have ever seen when I was 10 years old. But then I got so used to watching scary thing in movies that my nightmares went away. And for many years I don’t even think that I had any nightmares. If I get any now I force myself to wake up withing 5 seconds. But I’m usually scared for a few minutes after waking up.

I know what you mean about fevers JaRoD, I’ve had some killer nightmares both as a kid and an adult from fevers. My worst was so vivid, all I was doing was counting how many of these silver balls could fit onto my bed, I would count them in rows and each one would appear as i counted it, but whenever the bed seemed to be getting full and I thought I would be able to stop counting they seemed to shrink and more could fit on. I was unable to stop counting and that was absolutley terrifying.

I also had some killer recuring nightmares as a young kid. The commonest one was falling off a cliff, and falling to the ground with a giant from a picture story book I used to be read. I remember tumbling through the air and the sky was filled with sparkly lights. I must have had that dream over a dozen times. I also used to get FA but never LDs, my FAs were nightmares though because I would always ‘wake up’ in my bed, call for my Mum and nothing would happen. This would frequently lead onto me looking at a chest of draws across the room from which fireworks would suddenly explode, this would then always lead to finding my self falling from the aformentioned cliff with my giant. I miss those dreams though, it’s the only time I’ve been truely life-threateningly scared.

I can still remember a couple of nightmares from my childhood.

I used to dream I was walking down the stairs in our old house. In the cellar I would find 3 doors. There were terrible monsters behind two of them. I had to open both those doors every time, just to look. They would jump halfway out the door and yell at me, before I could squeeze the door shut.

Behind the last door, there was this beautiful woman. She would smile at me and block the door, telling me “you are too young to go in here yet”. I think I was trying to impress her by opening the doors to the monsters, even if they were so scary I almost wet my pants… :neutral:

It’s a very interesting topic, you get some really seriously bizzare dreams as a kid. A minute ago, thanks to this topic, I remembered something that has lead me to believe that I had LDs as a kid. I used to dream about the Flintstones (a kids cartoon about stoneage people for those who don’t know, very friendly and benign in content), but the dream would always end with me and them in a cave, and then the cave would start to collapse. I would then try and wake myself up, I remember thinking ‘this is a dream, just wake up’. This must have happened a good number of times, but I must have been only 2-3 years old because I clearly remember having them before I moved house for the only time in my life, which was when I was 3 going on 4. Isn’t it strange: the memories that can come back to you sometimes!

Omg, Siiw, your dream cracked me up so bad! :lol:

Thanks for sharing that. :content: It has made my day… yup, I’m tellin’ ya the truth. Thanks again!

Dm7

Dm7 you’re welcome. :tongue:

Maybe now would be a good time to find out what’s behind that door?

Yeah why not? :happy: Then you would have a blast time. :content: You get my idea. Lol!