The BIG WILD Topic - Part XI

First of all, it’s always possible to lose your consciousness somewhere in your WILD progress especially if you want to speed it up, then yes. Lol. And yes you can lose your consciousness between dreams even though you WILD’ed.

Sometimes by doing WILD… even it is unsuccessful… it can act like MILD, helping you to become conscious later on in your dreams.

Good luck! :happy:

Dm7

That is what usually happens to me. I either have a successful WILD or DILD, the dream ends. Later I either start a new dream fully lucid or have non lucid dream and later in the dream become lucid.

I have read many of your posts and they have been very helpful in making me understand what I am doing right with WILD s. There were times where I had WILDs that came easy and fast but, was not sure what (exactly)I did right. You put everything in terms that I was able to grasp. Thanks.

Happy dreaming :smile:

No, you don’t stay concious between dreams. The concept doesn’t even make sense to me - then again, why does “concious inside dreams” make sense? :wink:

You can be conscious between dreams. It’s where black void is mentioned. :smile:

And no problemo! :wink:

Wow, haven’t checked this topic in a while, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time for experimenting and describing that experience Dm7. I’m going to have to try that “string cutting” meditation. Sounds cool. Sweet dreams. :content:

Thank you! :biggrin: It’s my pleasure to experiment. :smile: I’m glad it could help. Good luck Fenoderee with that! :biggrin:

Hey I’ve got a really quick question for ya…sorry if it’s already been asked…
When I’m relaxing in bed…and I close my eyes…my stupid eyelids piss me off, cos it doesnt feel relaxed at all when my eyes are closed, cos I keep either blinking cos theyre not shut enough or it strains my eyes cos I’m stratching my eyes so far back into my head to keep my eyelids totally still, either that or I’ve got my eyes open until I automatically close them cos I’m off to the land of nod. I tried using an eye mask thingy, cos I thought it might be to do with the fact that I can see light coming into my eyes, but every time I rolled over in my sleep, when I’m half awake, I pulled it off and it really pissed me off cos then I had to keep putting it on again. Also, do HI only come when you’ve got your eyes shut, or can you see them when it’s totally dark anyway?

Yesterday I found a way that might help when one tries to WILD in the morning. First lay in a position that you normaly don’t. I always sleep on my stomach so I turn over and lay on my back, seems to keep me a little more awake. Then try to remember what you dreamt before waking up. Try to go through the entire dream and because you only concentrate on your dream you might just end up in a LD without getting any of the vibrations. I have done this the last two mornings and got HI that moved about 1 frame/sec and I was sucked into the HI scene and had a LD that was about 1 second long. The other day the HI just led to a ND.

PistGurl, just try to forget about the eyes and think about something else, works somewhat well for me.

PistGurl, I also experienced that same problem when I attempt to WILD. I believe that it’s a natural progress and it helps if you shut your eyes bit tighter than usual. When you really go into a trance deeper than awake stage, your eyes begin to relax and automatically keep shut. When paralysis begins to hit in, your eyes will feel much relaxer. It’s like blowing dust away, leaving behind the true self. So the best way is to ignore it. :smile: Not easy I know. Good luck. :happy:

JaRoD, yes it’s a good technique. You could try laying in a bit of uncomfortable position to help you with WILD since you can’t fall asleep right away so you have a higher chance to fall asleep consciously (WILD). I sometimes have my arms in a bit of uncomfortable position just to keep me alert through out the progress of WILD. It, however, doesn’t mean that your regular position is impossible to achieve with WILD because I have succeeded on my side (my favorite position) or my stomach (other favorite position). Keep exploring! :wink: Keep experimenting! :happy: Good luck!

PistGurl
I hate to say but what Dm7 says is 100% right. You just have to ignore it. If I had a free LD every time I had an: itch, weird tingle ,tickle in my throat, felt like I had to go to the bathroom, need to cough or sneeze while trying WILD I would have enough to last a lifetime. You just have to ignore it and let go more and you wont feel it any more.

I only dont ignore them the first 5 minutes lol then i dont even notice them.

Jeff

Dm7 - did you mean theconciousness thing? I’m no WILD fan :sad: You could, of course, put it in the wikibook yourself… if you dare!

Hehe I’ll see what I can do about it. I don’t exactly have a lot of time. Soon I’m going on a date with a guy… so… :happy: You get an idea. Lol! :wink:

OK - I don’t really understand it very much, you see. The WILD section definately needs improvement.

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having better success with WILD. I had WILD #5 last night. The initiation into the LD was like my WILD #4 (which at first I did not believe was a WILD). I wonder if this “technique” will continue to work but I think it may just be luck.

What happened was this: I woke up after 6 hrs of sleep then tried immediately to go back to sleep. I resolved my LD intention…basically, I just let go after that. I think I blacked out…all I remember is that I was aware of a dream scene slowly emerging into brightness in gradations…it was like it was coming alive - fading in. As this was going on, a shred of me was conscious and I realized the dream scene was being created. At this point, I simply concentrated and willed myself into the dream and it worked.

This is much like my WILD #4 - where the dream scene seemed to emerge in gradations from the blackness and “come alive” -

I have noticed the reverse phenomena when I am in an LD and the dream ends…the dream fades out into blackness.

I think the key difference in these WILDs as opposed to other techniques is that I am barely conscious, just a shred of my consciousness remains, enough to pull me into the LD and then my consciousness comes back online. In the past I have been too aware to perhaps let go and it is harder to WILD.

I think the problem with this is that I am only WILDing by luck - i.e. it probably would be very easy to just totally blackout, lose 100% consciousness and just fall asleep normally with no LD. :shrug:

Cool! I would say it was a WILD. Mostly because you talked about the dream forming. Also, when I WILD I often have a brief blackout before the dream starts. I just take a little longer to get there. Seems like you may have found a way to jump right to the blackout and into the dream. Contrary to just being luck. It could be that you are just a natural WILD er. Either way its working for you so go with it. :thumbs:

Happy Dreaming

pleban said

I doubt that. You had 3 WILD ‘S that way. I think you just have a different way of doing it. Most people have trouble just having one. Keep practicing with this method and see what happens. If you have more LD’s then you know it is working.

My LD’s were on and off this week. I am having trouble getting used to a new bed. I hope next week will be better.

Hey Milod -

I tried it again last night but no luck. I’ve decided to begin to try WILD during the weeknights as well…this may mean I will have to adjust my sleep schedule.

I hope the new bed works out soon :wink:

BTW -I’ve started to use self-hypnosis. I’ve been giving myself general suggestions (i.e. Next time I’m dreaming I’ll remember I’m dreaming, etc.) I’ve also tried to suggest that I will be able to WILD easer. I’ve also tried to suggest the creation of a dreamsig to implant im my dreams that I will recognize (I have no idea if this will work).

yeah im working on that kind of thing also-i remember seeing an episode of ‘star trek voyager’ that caught my attention because it was about these dreaming aliens…anyway one of the main characters was a lucid dreamer and he had a technique in which he would be dreaming thin he would see the moon and relize he was dreaming.
i know its just a Tv show but its a cool idea and the fact that the warpmymind files up my Dream signs only lends credit to it.
So…ill stick with this for awhile to see if it works.