I got an Idear for a 'type' of dream

It’s very possible to get a week in one hour. But in an hour you can get 1 year like Verek did from #ld4all chatroom. There’s people who do it all the time. I don’t think any of them are crazy. Maybe most of them probably can’t get a year but they can certainly do weeks.

That would be cool to have a dream or LD for that long. and back to the starting topic: I think that it too would be cool to continue the same dream on and on. Imagine if you had multiple personalities, you could split that into 4 personalities or more!

Hi
I chatted with a women who told me that she knows a family in the dream world.But not exactly the way Zed suggested.
She isn´t there anytime she´s dreaming,but sometimes she comes along and visits them.She knows this family for many years.When she was a child she played with their dog,but someday the dog died…

Hmm,this women told me a bit strange stuff sometimes,but i think this would be possible.But i don´t know if you can work towards it,or if it is just like you do it or you don´t do it.
Anyway,nice idea
Traumgänger

I’ve thought about this concept… and I also that about this:

If you have dreams which seem to lask more than a day, every day, than you will be LDing MOST of your life (it will seem like that to you)…

So won’t then your LD life become MORE important than your real life?? Because what is reality anyways, we only live for experiences…

Hehe so what??Person should stay where feels better…and till we dont really know if reality is real nothing wrong in switching to ld life:)
heh…even if we knew…the other one is way funnier than this damn planet earth:)

I don’t know about you but I got this defense mechanism that prevents me from living in my dreams

How nice of you not to tell us how it works :smile: and just leave us in suspense

How can you not live in your dreams?
Do you get killed or are you just never in your dreams?

Your topic has triggered a responce in my brain, making me remember a dream like that well partially at least, I remember that it was so real that I was afraid that the life I live now is a dream, but that is a good idea :smile:

The human mind can work that fast, its our physical bodies which drag out a week to last a physical week, when you have no limits on how “fast” your “body” can travel, your perception and other parts of your brain are used to the max. While waking your brain is using only 10% of your true power. Dreaming unlocks the potential of the human mind.

There was a master of LD 's not anyone particularly famous, but I did research on this a couple of weeks ago, and he had a theory that if normal dreams can last a lifetime, why couldn’t LD 's?

He practised with techniques, and finally he came up with one that worked very effectively for him.

He’d wake up in the middle of the night, do MILD , look what time it was before he fell asleep. He’d look at a clock in the dream, with the time he last saw, watch it ticking for a bit and tell it to stop, he’d see it stop ticking and then just sit and wait to wake up, keeping himself in the lucid dream for as long as he could…he’d see how long it felt like he’d been in the dream for, and see how long he’d actually been asleep. Over the years, he got very good, and can now live for years in an hour long period of sleep. He doesn’t miss out anything like eating breakfast or anything, unless he doesn’t want to, as theres no point in living in an LD if you are going to do EVERYTHING exactly the same as IRL .

He lives his ‘dream life’ get it? Even living with his really dead child, as she died very young, and he wanted to see her. (I personally don’t think this is a good thing to do) When you’re lucid, the DC 's think really whatever you want them to think at times, and so, when you go to bed the next day and you see a DC , they should say “hi again” and all that…

this is my aim…I WILL do this!

I’ve very rarely been able to go back into a dream (ND). It’s something I’d like to do, just wouldn’t know where to begin.
I don’t completely understand the time difference in dreams. How does the brain do that?

I also would completely live in my LD’s if I could choose. Or I will spend a seeming time frame of a week in my dreams to a day in physical reality.
Wow! What a dream, a life long dream. That is one of my number one goals; to have a clearly seperate reality.

Well, I’ve had an ND that felt like it lasted more then one day, and I do have reacuring dreams that carry on when I go back to sleep. So I don’t see why the same can’t be done with LDs with a bit of practice.

I’ve DEFINATELY been able to go back to a dream after I’ve woken up from it…as long as I don’t move and DON’T open my eyes, and still think about what IS happening in the dream, I can go back to it as if I’d not woken up. I thought this was something normal, but I was talking to my mum and she’s been trying to do it ever since!

yeh many times ive woken up from a dream, but stayed in bed and kept my eyes closed. mebbe rolled over into a more comfortable position then immediatly resumed the dream i was having…whether you could train yourself to increase the ‘renewal’ time or not is interesting to think

yeah, I can do that too. In fact, I got lucid that way. I recently found it’s called linking or summit (i forgot… :eh:).

But we’re talking about here is going to sleep. Dreaming. Waking up and do everything you’d normally do in the day. the next night, go to sleep and renenter the same dream. Repeat whenever you want, and lead two (or more lives).

What if right now you are doing this very thing you speak of? You have been living another life, and everytime you re-entered you would get more and more into it, until eventually you forgot it was a dream reality but now think it as real.

Now thats just a weird idea, and i dont really think you can get to that point, but i do think that if you were to live a different life and whatnot it may effect your waking life, in a good or bad way depends on your interpretation. Hey maybe you could not live more than one seperate life but a unified whole consisting of multiple lives, heck maybe this is a variation of reincarnation. :smile:

Another idea is that what if you actually got stuck in such a dream, and building on the time-dilation theory and the possible limitation of such (which i dont think there is, but lets just say there is for the moment) then if you got stuck time would march on in real life (ah if you lost control of time dilation) and you could end up being in a coma, hey maybe thats what a coma is, a stuck ND’er (or LD’er even). Again the ‘good or bad’ thing is brought to question, i dont think there is a good or bad, i mean you could be stuck in a coma but totally lucid and so totally free in way…unless you get the plug pulled on you however it could also be that youre totally lucid but cannot seem to wake up though you want to and then you get the plug pulled on you aw man that would be horrible! Then again what if you didnt care about if and when you died, and just enjoyed what you have while you have it? :content: then again, again, what about those youve left behind? :cry:

Sorry if that kinda scared you and its totally off topic! (characteristic of my long posts) :shy:

But anyways i have wanted to do this and i do believe in the idea of infinite ‘time’ dilation or that you could live a lifetime in an infinitely small amount of ‘time’ in waking reality. Heck if you wanted, you could become an immortal and live for eternity within an infinitely small amount of time in waking reality. It reminds me of my philosophizing days (again yeah i know :tongue: ) where i got an idea that if you were to live an eternity in your dreams, what if such were to go on but that you would wake up in this reality and live normally, while still living an eternity in your dreams? Kind of hard to explain, its like since it is an eternity, and you still have to consciously wake up and live IRL, then its like the eternity will get displaced (or lived through in an instant and yet not so)…god if i was still philsophizing id probably be insane now :shy: … I wonder if i would still hold this idea true now that i believe time to be nonexistent, like the creating of a new ‘present’ woa i’ll stop myself now lest i go to sleep after posting and never come back again… :eek: (To get a little personal, i like these non-philosophizing days better than the philosophizing days, i have alot less of a burden on my mind, to be honest i dont really like philosophy as much as i used to, i feel it has no point and is futile, that there are far more important things in life, like life) But anyways i guess time dilation depends on how aware you are of the present as well as the given situation.

Ah there need be no explanation

Ah life is but a dream :smile: and oh how wonderful a dream it is

Wow i think i read somewhere or watched a movie or or something about the idea of LD/OBE/Shared Dreamers who go into people with comas and try to bring them out, wow you would have to have total people skills and be like a Psychology major and a LD Major :wink: , oh wait now i remember it was an idea from the movie ‘The Cell’.

Wow with this paragraph i just made this my longest post ever (i dont know actually if its my longest post, or if your even reading this or skipped over it or just fell asleep on your keyboard and are having a dream about the forums hehehe :smile: maybe dreaming about my nightmarishly long posts!

Hell yeah, longest post I’ve seen in ages.

Has anyone seen the film ‘Flatliners’?
I’m gonna have to watch it again, 'cos I THINK it’s about people who experiment with dying, so they are for a split second ‘flatlined’ and then brought back. And I THINK they go into a kind of, other life…like being unconcious brings you the dreams…the short views of your real existance, in a mixed up way, but in actually ‘dying’ you experience the whole thing properly…or am I getting two films muddled up here?

Anyway, it’s a cool idea, 'cos a few of the people who I’ve met that have been in a coma have said they didn’t believe this was reality anymore cos of the ‘real’ experiences they had while in the coma…but then again, the rest of them and anyone I’ve talked to on the net who’s been in one said nothing about this…so it could just be liars, or a few dreamers…or something.

I’m ranting about crap…