My DC's are morons...

Whenever I ask them a question, they just stare at me. Not in a creepy way, in a deer in headlights way. It just makes me mad cause I like to interact with people in my dreams. Any suggestions?

Try talking to a DC that looks smart or someone you know.

don’t give up! apparantly (sp) you so far only encountered the ‘zombie’ kind of DC’s. They aren’t very responsive.

But there are also responsive DC’s, just keep on looking for them and asking them questions. :smile:

Also, check out the ‘testing realness of DC’s’ experiment in the lab.

I find the reactions of DCs to be more … ‘alive’ if they’re based on people who I know in RL. Any time I see a friend or co-worker in a dream, chances are they’ll be able to uphold a decent conversation. I guess it’s because I’m used to hearing these people talk, and I expect them to do so. On the other hand, random people in the street are often zombies who just stare, or mumble something incoherent.

It’s almost like a video game. Big characters in the game will probably have a good conversation with you, but smaller people just walking along the street won’t be “programmed” as much.

I get the “deer-in-the-headlights-stare” as well. It usually happens when I ask questions like, “What’s your last name?”, “Where do you live?”, etc. I have yet to have a deep or interesting conversation with a DC. I’m working on it.

Ok “where do you live” won’t give you a nice reply. If they don’t reply, maybe you can trip em to see their response… If you don’t want that, try doing the simple stuff (last names? come on you can’t think of a last name on-the-fly) like asking them to come to you or maybe shaking hands… I guess you have to build your confidence up in them first! Be confident!!!

I only have questioned my DCs with simple and boring questions like that twice. I mostly was interested in hearing their answers. Some gave me the blank stares while others (people that I know IRL) gave me fake last names like a bakery item or something. I was trying to gauge whether they gave me accurate names. One DC I met in a grocery store had a name tag on that said “Medul.” I asked him his name, thinking he’d give me the wrong one (as they are prone to do), but he actually got it right. But you’re right, I do need to work on confidence.

Smith!